~ help me fall back in love with eleanor

hi all! :honeybee:

as many of you know, i love the name eleanor. it seems to be something people know me by here on nameberry, and that makes me quite happy!

i’ve felt lately, however, that i’m just not as in love with her as i used to be. i hoped you all could help me with that.

what do you love about eleanor? what do you picture when you hear the name? and as a bonus question, what emojis scream eleanor to you?

thanks in advance, berries! :honey_pot:

4 Likes

i love eleanor because it’s extremely timeless, very sweet, and it has the perfect amount of familiarity for me. eleanor roosevelt is also a great connection as she was a powerful woman who advocated for expanded roles in the workplace for women, civil rights of african americans and asian americans, along with the civil rights for ww2 refugees. it’s like theodore in the sense that no matter what, it will always be beautiful and will work on anyone no matter their age. eleanor is a princess, an activist, a rocker, eleanor is everything you could possibly turn out to be.

excuse the rant, i just really love eleanor.

eleanor emojis: :dove::ballet_shoes::fairy::potted_plant::honey_pot::honeybee::bouquet::dizzy::cloud:

5 Likes

i like how there are a lot of nicknames for eleanor, like ellie, nora, nell, & ella! that makes the name really versatile to me and able to fit any personality. it also fits on any age!
eleanor is a cottagecore name to me. i picture an eleanor with an easel set up outside, painting flowers and trees. i imagine her as gentle, kind, creative, and outdoorsy

the emojis eleanor reminds me of: :tulip: :herb: :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :honeybee: :honey_pot: :leaves: :teddy_bear: :basket:

4 Likes

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is my middle name :slight_smile:

I enjoy how it’s simultaneously strong and elegant. There’s something soft about it while also having an edge. [name_f]My[/name_f] fave thing is the nn [name_f]Nell[/name_f] :grin:

3 Likes

this entire rant is just beautiful :pleading_face: thank you!

3 Likes

i love this! thank you, revere! :art:

also, eleanor ‘ella’ is brilliant!

1 Like

i love your name! actually, the first middle i ever paired with eleanor, was grace! and you’re absolutely right… ‘nell’ is one of the best things about eleanor!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite things about [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]:

• The sound: pretty vowel beginning and mellifluous “L” but ends strong with a consonant.
  • The look: “ea” is unusual and visually pleasing to me.
  • The meaning: “light” is about as simple and good as they get.
  • The versatility of nicknames: my favorite is [name_f]Nora[/name_f], but there’s so many possibilities!
  • The history: [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] of [name_f]Aquitaine[/name_f], literary Eleanors and Elinors, [name_m]Roosevelt[/name_m], etc. These women lend [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] a bookish, grounded vibe.

The popularity/ubiquitousness of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] does bother me and it’s slightly longer than most names on my list, but I consider [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] one of those “perfect” names. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it’s not the one for me, it ticks all the boxes.

5 Likes

I confess I never see why I should help someone fall in love with a name they no longer love.

It’d be like if you asked me to help you fall back in love with your boyfriend or girlfriend. I’d be like, “No way! If you’re no longer in love, move on!” and that’s what I’d suggest with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_u]Read[/name_u] the wonderful YA romance novel [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_u]Park[/name_u]! You’ll fall right back in love with the name.

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] because it is very elegant, feminine and classic! Also, there are many nickname opportunities, from [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] & [name_f]Nell[/name_f] to [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_u]Lenny[/name_u] which I find really cute. Additionally, [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] has a soft and lovely sound and can be a honor name for many other names - all forms of [name_f]Helen[/name_f] / [name_f]Ellen[/name_f], for example. And it can work in many countries.

1 Like

[name_f]Marnie[/name_f] I can’t believe your falling out of love with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] :scream::scream::scream:

Shocking stuff

Anyways moving away from my shock and onto gushing about [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]! [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is stunning she’s so classic, sophisticated, timeless and regal. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] has this lovely cottagecore aesthetic despite feeling regal so adds a wholesome warming vibe to the name which makes [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] feel cosy and welcoming. She has a range of wonderful nicknames [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_u]Laney[/name_u] & [name_f]Nora[/name_f] these nicknames would suit a range of different personalities making [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] feel so versatile. In a nutshell [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is perfect.

Her emojis :fox_face::ear_of_rice::maple_leaf::tulip::crown::teddy_bear::tada:

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps you fall back in love with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] DD is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. She’s one. I’ll give you a brief description of her as that’s what [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] means to me.

Feisty, fun loving, independent, caring, gives big kisses and cups your face with her little hands so she can look right in your eyes. Has her own mind and isn’t afraid to show it! A daredevil when it comes to climbing and running. Adores reading and will sit with a book on her lap stroking the pages for ages, babbling away to herself. Loves animals and tries to be gentle with them. Loves nature- especially the wind in the trees and playing with sand at the beach. Inspects flowers and sea weed and shells and brings the ones she loves the most back to us as presents- pressing them into our hands and sealing with a kiss :heart_eyes: Bops up and down whenever she hears a tune she likes and screams every time she’s expected to sit in a car seat. Savours her food and loves to help in the kitchen. Everything is “mm MMMmm”

5 Likes

I like Eleanor because it is feminine and romantic but grounded and has substance too, so while Eleanor is a beautiful melodic sound and is lovely for a little girl, it is a proper full name and it also wants to be taken seriously (more than nicknames like Ellie, Milly etc) but more contemporary and not super elaborate like Eleanora. My favourite nicknames are Ellen or Elle. It’s been around since the Middle Ages and is both modern and timeless one of my favourite names! It reminds me of historic Europe and early 20th century elegance but it can be a cute and fresh name used today.
For me Eleanor brings to mind spring greens, nature, brightness, mystery, thoughtfulness, curiosity and joy!

:seedling::turtle::memo::ocean::sunflower:

4 Likes

oh my goodness i forgot about this book :heart_eyes:

you’re right… this and so many novels makes you fall in love with eleanor!

thank you for responding, tori! i guess i’m not falling out of love as much as it doesn’t have the sparkles that it used to… but that just happens with our favorites sometimes. the nickname ‘laney’ for eleanor is just too cute :pleading_face: and i love the emojis you chose!

love this! thank you for responding :orange_heart:

i’m sorry you’re feeling this way, marnie! i hope eleanor gets her spark back for you :yellow_heart:

i love eleanor because she’s a timeless classic that is so versatile and could fit a variety of people. she has so many cute nicknames!!! i can see eleanor perfectly on someone of all ages- it’s a name that would age so well. it feels strong and soft at the same time, a perfect versatile name. the elinor spelling i quite like too!
to me, eleanor is ~ sun shining through the trees in the forest, making pools of light on the forest floor, and eleanor is dancing through the forest wearing a pastel yellow sundress. eleanor is picnicking in a meadow, tulips and daffodils, the first buds on the trees.
eleanor’s emojis: :tulip::ballet_shoes::cloud::herb::honey_pot::basket::tangerine::fountain::kite::sparkles::bouquet::womans_hat:

3 Likes

@emeraldsea its true [name_f]Marnie[/name_f] we sometimes fall out of love with a favourites but hopefully all the positivity will reignite the love :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I find that often names I really love seem to lose a bit of their magic if I focus on them too much. They start to feel worn out. What I try to do is 1) let the name sit for a while and think of other names so that the original feels fresher the next time I revisit it, 2) try to think of new and magical middle names to pair it with to help it feel sparky again and 3) try to remind myself what I love about it ei. Meaning, nicknames, connections it may have to family/books etc.

I lovvveee Eleanor because it does feel so timeless and classic but also really spunky and fun. There are also so many great nn options which is nice since it is a more popular name. That being said, I actually haven’t met that many Eleanors so even though it’s such a familiar name it’s not quite as popular as Sophia or Emily (: I also like the Elinor spelling, which might make it feel a little newer and more exciting?

3 Likes