Help me find a female cat name based on my favorite male cat names

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all! We might be getting a cat soon and I’m struggling with finding a female cat name that I like. These are the names that I love for a boy cat. Any ideas?

[name_m]Balthasar[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_m]Clooney[/name_m]
[name_m]Gatsby[/name_m]
[name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]
[name_m]Nelson[/name_m]
[name_m]Sylvester[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]

[name_f]Lulu[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]
[name_u]Paisley[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
CharleyCharlie
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]

Thank you for the great suggestions @whitegardenia!

I think just typing out the list in my top post helped me get some clarity, and I now realize that my top two names for a girl cat are [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]. If anybody has more names like these I’d be happy to hear them.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

My sister has a Dilute [name_f]Calico[/name_f] named [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]! She’s a doll, & it fits her well. I really love [name_f]Esme[/name_f] though. It’s so kind of spunky yet mystical.

A few more suggestions:

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]

[name_f]Frances[/name_f]

[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

[name_f]Greta[/name_f]

[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]

[name_u]June[/name_u]

[name_f]Maisy[/name_f]

[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]

[name_f]Olive[/name_f]

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]

[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]

[name_f]Thea[/name_f]

[name_f]Tallula[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]Willa[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

@michellem Thank you, these are wonderful and I actually have a bunch of these names on my list of favorites for a future daughter.

We went to the shelter yesterday and ended up getting a different cat than the one we were looking at initially. She is a 1 year old tortoiseshell girl, and we decided to name her [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], which fits her really well I think!

Aww, she sounds beautiful. [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] is adorable. :slight_smile:

I know a female ~dog~ named [name_m]Bono[/name_m], but she has the size of a cat. I think it has a similar sound to [name_m]Bruno[/name_m]. You can also consider the name Bona maybe??

I also know a cat named Clina! (CLEE-na). Amd it has a similar sound to [name_m]Clooney[/name_m]!

Other names that came to my mind:

[name_f]Nella[/name_f] / [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]

[name_f]Lynne[/name_f]

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]

[name_u]Blake[/name_u]

[name_u]Blaize[/name_u]

[name_f]Anouk[/name_f]

[name_f]Ilona[/name_f]

Good luck!!

Thank you @eirini170! I mentioned in my previous comment in this thread that we already got the cat and named her [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], but I love your suggestions.