Help me find a movie tittle!

Anyone else with a movie you can’t get out of your head but you can’t remember the tittle?

So somewhat between 2000 and 2004 I watched a movie several times, and I loved it, and ever since then [name_m]Ive[/name_m] tried to search for it many many times, but never finding any reference to it, so I write this post in case any berry knows what movie I’m talking about, though I’ve tried everything a million times and nobody knows it :sleepy::sleepy: haha my husband sais I dreamt it so let’s prove him wrong!

It was about a young man that is driving and stops at a little village, enters a restaurant, outside there’s a fortune teller machine that tells him to move into the village. Everyone there is super nice, everything is perfect in the village, so he moves there and falls in love with a girl. Later on he finds out you can’t get out of there, strange things happen like he is followed by a car that has no driver. Eventually he finds out the village is controlled by a crazy scientist.

I’d appreciate any info you got about this movie :joy: thanks!

That sounds like a cool movie, I’d watch that! I have no idea what it is but I hope you find it!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Do you know what year it came out? Or any actors or songs that were in the movie? I am determined to find this for you.

Have you tried this website?

This sounds very familiar to me, but I don’t remember what it’s called and I can’t find anything when I try searching for it either. It’s really annoying me that I can’t find the name. On the plus side though, I’m not obsessing about finding the name of the actor I can’t remember anymore :sweat_smile:

It sounds super familiar and I have been searching non stop. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you happen to remember anything else like a characters name or the name/look of one of the actors/actresses?

@emmy.r.30 yes I tried that many times but it’s impossible no matter what I try

@Carys1 yes seriously it’s really frustrating I’ve been trying on and off for years and nothing :joy:

@hanna_walker96 @Sky85 I used to think the actress was [name_f]Amy[/name_f] Smart, but I’ve looked at her filmography many times and nothing, must be someone else. Other details that I remember, the main character was an architect (I think) and when tried to scape the town there was kind of an electrical wall surrounding everything so was impossible to get out. The movie was most likely released between 2000 and 2002

I finally found it and I watched it on Youtube to make sure! It’s called [name_m]Black[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u]. It was released in 2001 and features [name_u]Jay[/name_u] Mohr, [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] Edelstein, [name_f]Ann[/name_f] Cusack, etc!

1 Like

Omg I can’t believe it :joy: THANK YOU thank you thank you! I was driving myself crazy! I’m going to watch it right away

Can I ask how did you find it? You’re a pro!

I just threw keywords like village, evil scientist and 2000s in Google search and came across that one. I think I came across it earlier too but the Wikipedia definition made it sound so different but when you mentioned the electric, I remembered reading that and decided to try finding the trailer and instead came across the movie and realised that was it

1 Like

Well thank you so much I couldn’t find it no matter how hard I tried, for like 10 years I’ve been telling people about it and no one knew it, my husband has told me at least a dozen times that I probably mixed different movies in my head or dreamt it because we couldn’t find it :joy::joy:
I watched it when I was a kid in a very difficult traumatizing time of my life… It is true I remembered the movie differently, but I’m glad I can finally watch it again :partying_face: