Help me find the prettiest, yet uncommon girls name.

I love finding names that are uncommon. My goal is to find the prettiest, sweetest, most appealing (at least to me) girls name!

I would like to see names that are not on the top 1000 SSA list, though you can suggest ones that are. I tend to like names that have lots of vowel sounds and/or “s” sounds in them. Here are names that I like:

[name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Alyssa[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Gracelyn[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]

[name]TIA[/name] for your help!

I love [name]Seraphina[/name]! [name]Just[/name] so feminine and beautiful. The first names which pop to mind are [name]Melisande[/name] and [name]Corisande[/name], and [name]Cecilia[/name]/[name]Cecily[/name], but there was a great blog post just yesterday about very unusual girls’ names which you might find a gem or two on.

I hope little [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] is doing well,
[name]Auburn[/name]

I did see that list, thank you! There were some nice names out there, but not that really stood out. [name]Sariah[/name] is doing very well! Thank you for asking. :slight_smile:

I do still struggle with her name, though. I absolutely love my other daughter’s name… [name]Alanna[/name] [name]Rose[/name], and I feel so, so bad ( and guilty) that I don’t feel the same for [name]Sariah[/name]'s name. While we’ve decided not to change her first name, I’m trying to decide about the mn. I know that it honors me, but maybe if I found a softer, prettier name to make her mn - well, I’m hoping I’ll like her name better then. [name]Don[/name]'t get me wrong, I still like [name]Sariah[/name], I just don’t have those strong, “in love” feelings for her name as I do [name]Alanna[/name]'s.

Ahhhh. Anyway… thank you for asking, again!

Well I knew I would see [name]Seraphina[/name] listed. It is very pretty. Its not cool that it has to be blessed by a celebrity couple before it can be mainstream. Why is that? I also love [name]Anna[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]. I would probably have to say the whole name every time because its just so pretty.

[name]Raquel[/name]: Well I guess the only names right off the top of my head would be: [name]Soraya[/name], [name]Sephora[/name]…[name]Samara[/name]/[name]Samira[/name]…the last 2 probably are under 1000? Is [name]Sariah[/name] under or over the 1000 mark?

Anyway, I find I feel exactly as you do about your girls’ names- EXACTLY-…even to this day I love their names in the order we gave them. I think it only stands to reason that you would love the name best that you choose the first time you get to name a girl because you figure if you don’t have any more girls, you better use it now or you may lose your chance forever kind of thing. I cannot help even to this day, even after knowing my daughter [name]Keira[/name], that I am still in love w/Navarra’s name more (regardless of the fact that she is not here or because she is something I cannot have but want)…hence why I had such a hard time shoving the other names away that sound like the end of hers. I am still struggling, too, but for my own sanity I am trying to shove the thoughts away and get over it as best I can, as hard as I am finding that to be! Sometimes though what sucks is when your partner doesn’t agree on the name being his favorite, too, so then you have to let go of the name for that reason as well. The first time around though I don’t think my dh wanted to argue w/me whether he liked the name or not for obvious reasons based on our situation. It makes me mad too that I had no problem had [name]Soraya[/name] been a boy; I knew and LOVED my boy’s name right off the bat…maybe even tying it w/my son’s!

Best of luck to you [name]Raquel[/name].

The funny thing about my story is that I didn’t want to really look at names until we knew if it was a boy or girl. The reason, if it was a boy, and we picked a girl name we loved, I wouldn’t be able to use it. So, for [name]Sariah[/name], we never had a boy’s list.

DH tells me that he really loves [name]Sariah[/name]'s name, but there are times when he tells me it doesn’t fit her. He, himself, has brought up the thought of changing her name several times, so it’s not just me. But we decided this last time that we are just going to keep her as [name]Sariah[/name]. I still find myself struggling with her name. :frowning:

Berries… I am sorry that you keep hearing/seeing us talk about this topic, but as you all know you want to absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] the name you give to your child. We both thought this would be THE name for our baby, and we loved it at the time we gave it to her, but as time has gone on it was more like we were lusting for the name instead of loving the name.

Have you thought about using a flower as her middle name instead to match your first daughter’s?

[name]Sariah[/name] [name]Lily[/name] came to mind, but even if you don’t want to stick with the flower theme, something soft like [name]Sariah[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is gorgeous as well. You’ll know it when it feels right!

[name]Hi[/name] - I am having a boy - but still lust after girls names.

The two names below I was in love with and seem to fit your style. but they are in the top 1000 - in the 200 to 400 range. Still, I have never met a girl with either name and I work with young children in a big American city.

[name]Alessandra[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]

best of luck,
[name]Katrina[/name]

We almost went with:

[name]Alessandra[/name] (drool)
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]

and

she was actually registered [name]Genevieve[/name] (but we had to change it)

Well, I think some princessy names are [name]Alexandrea[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name]. They are not uncommon, btu theyre beautiful.