Help me love Audrey

To be clear: I don’t hate or even really dislike it, I just don’t really like it either. It’s just “blah” to me. I know I’m in the minority and my SO loves it so help me love it too!

1 Like

To me, [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] exudes old-Hollywood style class and dignity, if that helps. I immediately think of [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] Hepburn, even though I don’t think it’s a “one person name” by any means, and also [name_f]Audre[/name_f] Lorde who’s not a bad connection either. It’s not my absolute favorite name, but I think it’s timeless, familiar (and easy to spell and pronounce) without being overly common, and there’s a lot to potentially like about it. It also doesn’t lend itself well to unwanted nicknames, if that’s a concern for you.

2 Likes

I feel like it’s just a very “any woman” name, like anybody could have the name and it would work, which is maybe why it’s “blah” to you. Kind of a blank canvas.

I think it ages nicely with a person and you can blend it with other styles really nicely for some intriguing combos. It’s familiar but not too common, which I think it also nice. And she probably isn’t running into spelling issues

I agree! For me the connection is definitely there, and I love her work, so it’s something that makes me like the name more but I think it’s popular enough that people wouldn’t constantly bring it up.
As for the name itself, I think it’s a very timeless name, it doesn’t feel like it will ever truly go out of fashion. I also like the slightly [name_u]French[/name_u] vibe it has, a bit like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] or [name_f]Adele[/name_f], and the way it looks written-out.

1 Like

I can’t, because I don’t love it! [name_f]Every[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] I’ve known I’ve detested. [name_m]Even[/name_m] the wonderful [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] Hepburn doesn’t make me love it.

I can say though that I find [name_f]Audra[/name_f] lovely. I associate it with a pretty character on an old TV Western. Might he like that?

Audrey has gentle charm while also feeling strong. It’s endearing and lovely

1 Like

Audrey feels very gentle and soft-spoken to me. It seems charmingly childish on a child and nicely sophisticated on an adult. It just feels like a very well-rounded name to me, which is always a plus! :slight_smile:

1 Like