Help me love my list? 💓

i’m in a bit of a slump lately (not really wanting to go into detail about it on a public forum atm, but names have become a really hard thing for me to enjoy), and i don’t seem to be loving/feeling the names on my list as much as i usually do/used to. i know this style is perfect for s/o and i, so i really want to find joy in these names again, but i feel like i need a little bit of help?

my list so far for both genders combined is:

• stephanie

• courtney (possibly)

• karalee (care-ah-lee)

• elizabeth

• katherine

• mark

• kevin

so, tell me what you love about these names for me, or in general! give me all the imagery, the warm and fuzzies, the positive comments and associations, etc.!

thank you :heartbeat:

[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]: A soft and sweet name with flowery imagery! I imagine a little [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] to be very friendly, and kind! I think it could suit a quiet, soft-spirited girl, or a more outgoing personality!

[name_u]Courtney[/name_u]: In a way, it sounds very regal! I imagine a lively personality, possible a more tom-boyish girl who likes skateboarding! I think she would have a very trendy fashion sense!

[name_f]Karalee[/name_f]: I love the many nickname options, like [name_f]Kara[/name_f], [name_u]Lee[/name_u], or [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] (any spelling)! A very fun and spunky name!

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]: You can’t beat a truly classic name like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]! It is timeless and elegant, and there are so many opportunities for sweet nicknames! I don’t think this name will ever grow old or lose its sparkle!

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]: Another classic! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nicknames [name_u]Kit[/name_u] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f]! [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is a name that ages really well and can suit a variety of personalities!

[name_m]Mark[/name_m]: I really enjoy the sound of [name_m]Mark[/name_m]! It is short, easy to spell, and has a good balance of soft and strong sounds! I think it would be really sweet on a little boy today.

[name_m]Kevin[/name_m]: I think the Home Alone association makes it easier for people to picture [name_m]Kevin[/name_m] on a kid! The V sound is also something I really like about it!

1 Like
  • stephanie - this is such a strong yet sweet name. It flows and feels versatile. It gives me imagery of green leaves and flowers!

• courtney - sharp and sweet, charming and cool. It gives me imagery of neon clothes and butterfly clips

• karalee - this has flair and brightness, a sort of joyful feel. It gives me imagery of bright blue skies and sunny days

• elizabeth -classic, versatile and sweet with lots of nn potential! I find it hard to give specific imagery because it’s so universal

• katherine - sharp but sweet and i love the nn [name_u]Kitty[/name_u]. It has a friendly feel! It gives me imagery of deep reds and pinks

• mark - a solid name that you don’t hear too often. It gives me images of forests and at the same time, books and old tv shows

1 Like

@MG1257 & @Greyblue thank you both! :heartbeat:

2 Likes

I really like [name_f]Karalee[/name_f]! I’ve been digging smoosh names lately and this is a very cute, fun, joyful one. [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] are also such stunning, gorgeous classics with so many nickname options, and [name_m]Mark[/name_m] and [name_m]Kevin[/name_m] are wonderful, handsome, solid choices.

1 Like

[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]- spunky and sweet. Most Stephanie’s I have met are really kind and generous people. I do think of the show Full House but I loved Stephanie’s character so for me it’s a great association.

[name_u]Courtney[/name_u] - my cousin’s name so for me it’s filled with love and warmth. It feel like a wearable name for lots of different types of people - athletic, artistic, etc.

[name_f]Karalee[/name_f]- [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite on the list. Sounds everyone is familiar with but not a name heard often. Has a modern feel but not in a trendy way. More of a fresh take on trends

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]- a classic. This name has endless wearability to me. So many nickname options that a person could use and feel suited for.

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]- another classic. This name is similar to [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] for me but I like it more. It has some spunk to it where as [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] feels a more fanciful femme. [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and the various nicknames make me feel comforted. You can know a million and yet it doesn’t feel overused because it’s timeless.

1 Like

thank you again everyone :heartbeat::cherry_blossom: