Help me make sense of my long list please!

I’m not expecting, but I love collecting names for future use. Whenever I hear a name I like, I add it, and the lists are getting long! I was hoping you would be able together some combinations (first name-middle name), sib-sets, or just rate them and help me figure out my naming style! I just feel like they are kind of all over the place. Any suggestions are always welcome too!

Girls
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Alba[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Ayla[/name]
[name]Azura[/name]
[name]Becca[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Elyse[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hartley[/name]
[name]India[/name]
[name]Johanna[/name]
[name]Jolie[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Kennedy[/name]
[name]Kinsley[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Mathilda[/name]
[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Myla[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Rio[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
Teagyn
[name]Trista[/name]
[name]Tristyn[/name]
[name]True[/name]
[name]Vienne[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]

Boys
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Arbor[/name]
[name]Austin[/name]
[name]Berkley[/name]
[name]Blake[/name]
[name]Bradley[/name]
[name]Cash[/name]
[name]Cohen[/name]
[name]Colby[/name]
[name]Colt[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Cruz[/name]
[name]Dallas[/name]
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Deegan[/name]
[name]Easton[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Fletcher[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Hartley[/name]
[name]Holland[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Maverick[/name]
Maxon
[name]Millar[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Oakley[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Roland[/name]
[name]Tucker[/name]

Thanks so much!

“All over the place” is right. The same could be said of my lists, I suppose…

First pattern I notice is male names with overt American [name]West[/name] associations: [name]Austin[/name], [name]Colt[/name], [name]Dallas[/name], [name]Oakley[/name], [name]Maverick[/name].

The names that most jump out at me are [name]Parker[/name] and [name]Rio[/name]. [name]Rio[/name] because it’s normally male. [name]Parker[/name] - well, it is in use for girls, but still more common on boys. It’s not the only last name here. Why does it jump out? On second thought, [name]Arbor[/name]'s the odd one, a highly unusual word/nature/place name.

Sorry, I’m not much use. I can’t make sense of this. It mostly looks like whatever names jumped out at you from what’s often discussed on these boards - okay, [name]Diana[/name] and [name]Becca[/name] don’t quite feel like that. Maybe it would be more helpful to know the circumstances/reasoning behind these names

Okay… let’s see what we can do with this :slight_smile:

My favourites from both lists:
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]India[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Mathilda[/name] - This is a funny one cause I like [name]Matilda[/name] and I really like [name]Mathilde[/name] but I haven’t seen [name]Mathilda[/name] before…
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name] - but I prefer [name]Seraphine[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name] - but I prefer it without the final ‘h’, [name]Susanna[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name] - there’s also the Irish, [name]Talullah[/name] with the same sound but different meaning
[name]Violet[/name]

[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Cash[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] - and I really like [name]Griffith[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Liam[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Orion[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Tucker[/name]

Ones I wouldn’t recommend:
[name]Kinsley[/name] - seems tryndee
[name]Luca[/name] - it’s a boys’ name. To me and a lot of other people. [name]Lucia[/name] is a girls’ name; [name]Luca[/name] is a boys’ name.
[name]Myla[/name] - also seems tryndee but really I’m just not a fan. Plus it sounds similar to [name]Miley[/name] (as in [name]Cyrus[/name]).
Teagyn - is the tryndee spelling of [name]Teagan[/name]. [name]Teagan[/name] is a wonderful name. Teagyn, not so much.
[name]Tristyn[/name] - is the tryndee spelling of [name]Tristan[/name] which is a boys’ name.

[name]Berkley[/name] - it just doesn’t have an attractive sound to me at all.
[name]Colt[/name] - [name]Colton[/name] would be fine but [name]Colt[/name] on it’s own sounds a little too wild for me.
[name]Deegan[/name] - see [name]Berkley[/name]. You might like [name]Reagan[/name]?
[name]Maverick[/name] - just doesn’t seem like a name.
Maxon - [name]Max[/name], maybe? any [name]Max[/name] variation except for this one would be good.

Ones that seem like nns:
[name]Becca[/name] - for [name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Elle[/name] - for anything starting with [name]El[/name] or ending with that sound. Doesn’t have to be but seems incomplete on its’ own to me.
[name]Kate[/name] - for [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Lena[/name] - for [name]Helena[/name]. Again, not absolutely necessary but [name]IMO[/name] seems better that way.
[name]Maisie[/name] - for [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] - for [name]Sarah[/name]/[name]Sara[/name]
[name]True[/name] - for something like [name]Gertrude[/name] maybe? Or on its own as a middle name.

[name]Cash[/name] - for [name]Cashel[/name] or [name]Cassius[/name]/[name]Cassian[/name] (prn. [name]KASH[/name]-uss & [name]KASH[/name]-un)
[name]Jack[/name] - for [name]John[/name]. Total not needed but I’m a traditionalist like that.
[name]Jude[/name] - for [name]Judah[/name] or [name]Julian[/name]

As for your style? Hmmm. Well for girls anyway I would say mainly vintage/hipster with some nature names and a touch of tryndee (best to remove that lol). For boys… I would say mostly stylish (as it is categorised on NB search engine).

Has this helped? I hope so! :slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Thank You! It does help a lot. Like I said, I realize the list is kind of all over the place, and your comments do help me figure it out! And I am trying to keep the super trendy names off of it as well, so thanks for that too! Also, some of the names ([name]Elle[/name], [name]True[/name], etc.) I would only use for middle names. Anyways, thanks again for the help!

When I see a big list like this, I like to just divide them up. Some will have comments and some won’t.

[name]LOVE[/name]: [name]Annika[/name] (new love to me), [name]Bryony[/name], [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Diana[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Gemma[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Natalie[/name], [name]Nora[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Susannah[/name]

LIKE: [name]Adeline[/name] (I had a dream recently my name was [name]Adeline[/name], and I was still in high school and loved to ice skate!), [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Amelie[/name] (though I don’t know that I’d like it on a real person using it every day), [name]Becca[/name] (though a bit common), [name]Elyse[/name] (this is a name that I love the sound of, but hate all the spellings of), [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Harper[/name], [name]India[/name], [name]Kate[/name] (but very common), [name]Lena[/name], [name]Maisie[/name] (really growing on me lately), [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Sadie[/name],

OKAY: [name]Ayla[/name], [name]Azura[/name] (depending on where you live, might be too exotic though!), [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Johanna[/name], [name]Jolie[/name], [name]Kinsley[/name] (I think it’s really cute on a little girl, but feel like it doesn’t work on a teen/adult at all), [name]Myla[/name] (though I can see myself falling for this one if I knew someone named this), [name]Reese[/name] (but I love [name]Rhys[/name] for a boy), [name]Trista[/name], [name]True[/name] (I like [name]Truth[/name] too), [name]Violet[/name], [name]Zoe[/name]

NOT FOR ME: [name]Alba[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Hartley[/name], [name]Kennedy[/name], [name]Luca[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] (I really want to like this, because I love the way it looks written down, but I just can’t get a pleasing sound), [name]Mathilda[/name], [name]Maria[/name], [name]Rio[/name], [name]Rowan[/name] (another name I want to like, but can’t for some reason), [name]Seraphina[/name] (just sounds overdone, like you are trying too hard), [name]Stella[/name], [name]Sunday[/name], [name]Tallulah[/name], Teagyn ([name]Tegan[/name] was my favorite name for years, then I found out how to really pronounce it and now it just always sounds so wrong to me), [name]Tristyn[/name], [name]Vienne[/name]

AND ON TO THE BOYS!

[name]LOVE[/name]: [name]Fletcher[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Rhys[/name]

LIKE: [name]Austin[/name] (it was so popular around here for awhile, but I still like it), [name]Blake[/name], [name]Cooper[/name], [name]Finn[/name], [name]Griffin[/name] (I had forgotten this name until the other day. It’s growing on me again), [name]Hudson[/name], [name]Jude[/name], [name]Leo[/name], [name]Parker[/name],

OKAY: [name]Dallas[/name], [name]Easton[/name], [name]Elijah[/name], [name]Jack[/name] (great name, just everywhere right now), [name]Orion[/name]

Not for me: [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Arbor[/name], [name]Berkley[/name], [name]Bradley[/name], [name]Cash[/name], [name]Cohen[/name], [name]Colby[/name], [name]Colt[/name], [name]Conrad[/name], [name]Cormac[/name], [name]Cruz[/name], [name]Davis[/name], [name]Deegan[/name], [name]Elias[/name], [name]Evander[/name] (doesn’t sound like a full name to me, and I don’t know why), [name]Finley[/name], [name]Gavin[/name], [name]Hartley[/name], [name]Holland[/name], [name]Julian[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Maverick[/name], Maxon, [name]Millar[/name], [name]Nolan[/name], [name]Oakley[/name], [name]Roland[/name], [name]Tucker[/name] (for the rhymes!)