Help me name a character plz!

I want to name a character [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] in a fanfiction of this (not popular) book that I love, and I named his sister [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_f]Elsinore[/name_f], and [name_f]Elsinore[/name_f] is an honor name for a character who is named [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] in the book, who is Cassandra’s paternal grandmother, and there is an established story around Cassandra’s father, whose sister is the main character of the book, but I had to make up a backstory for Cassandra’s mother, since there wasn’t very much in the book, and I want her to have had a traumatic childhood with her horrible stepfather, because I made it so her real father died when she was 8, and for her second child, a boy, I want his middle name to be an honor for her real father, so if I choose [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], that means his maternal grandfather is named [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], and I think that [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is too common for his first name!!! Also, side note: the book is set in 1924 and my fanfic would be around 1928.

What should I do?

What if you gave him an uncommon/less common nickname? [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], maybe, or [name_u]Dory[/name_u]?

1 Like

So the question you want answered is this: is [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] too common of a name?

Like the poster above me said, you can always use a less common nn for [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] like [name_u]Rory[/name_u] or [name_u]Tory[/name_u].

I wonder if [name_u]James[/name_u] might be more era appropriate than [name_u]Jamie[/name_u]. Have fun writing your fic!

1 Like