Help me name Adelaide's Sister

Hubby and I are just stuck! We are so happy with our first daughters name …[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. We can’t seem to find anything we both like as much. Here are names we like but can’t use for different reasons:

[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]

We also don’t want anything ending in “A” because of too many close family members with “A” ending names.
We loved [name]Adelaide[/name] because it was a old, different sounding name and not too popular with a cute nickname. Would love to find a name that fits that criteria again. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and sister…

[name]Millicent[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] / [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] / [name]Georgiana[/name] / [name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] / [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] / [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Rosamund[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] / [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name] / [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] / [name]Henrietta[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]

I like [name]Cecily[/name] nn Cece. [name]Cecily[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] are both place names so they have a pattern. :smiley:

[name]Florence[/name] is the first name that popped into my head as a suggestions, and I saw [name]Mischa[/name] has suggested it. I think it’s an equally vintage, gorgeous place name.

I have a very simular problem with a very simular name!. My DDs name is Adelise [name]Rain[/name]. We love her name! But I have such a hard time coming up with something that we will love just as much, but won’t clash or compete with Adelise.

I like [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] from your list. They are both very vintage and cute. Other suggestions are… (forgive me if they’ve already been listed.)

[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Hattie[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]

[name]Ophelia[/name] keeps coming to mind, but it ends in an A. Some combinations from the above list could be…

[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ottilie[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] I helped!

[name]Violet[/name]- makes me think of vivian/vivienne which i think sounds beautiful with adelaide. also viva, vita, aviva or avianne.
[name]Evelyn[/name]- yvette, loretta, ivonne
[name]Cecily[/name]- cecelia, celia, sabine, sable, sheila
[name]Scarlett[/name]- immediately i think of charlotte, but i don’t like it nearly as much as i like scarlett! also fushia, gray, amythy, sienna or other color names or melanie or tara for the gone with the wind connection!
[name]Ruby[/name]- opal, agata, or gemma. maybe olive.

I love [name]Adelaide[/name]! My suggestions for her sister:

[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]

My 14 month old is named [name]Adelaide[/name] also love [name]Clementine[/name] if I have another girl one day!

[name]Mischa[/name] and I are on the same wavelength today. My first thought was [name]Millicent[/name]! I loooove [name]Cecily[/name] from your list.