Help me name Alice's sister

[name]Hi[/name] there,
My baby is set to arrive in less than a month and we still can’t decide on a name for her. Our top choices are:

[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]

any opinions? As background, we already have one daughter named [name]Alice[/name]. Thanks!

[name]Stella[/name]-I really like [name]Stella[/name], but I’m not sure I love it with [name]Alice[/name]. [name]Alice[/name] is more quiet and classic, whereas [name]Stella[/name] is more sassy and trendy.
[name]Willa[/name]-I can see the appeal of this with [name]Alice[/name], but it’s just not a favorite of mine.
[name]Greta[/name]-[name]Love[/name]! It’s not too nickname-ish for me, and it has similar qualities to [name]Alice[/name], [name]IMO[/name].
[name]Ruth[/name]-Probably the closest to [name]Alice[/name], stylistically.

[name]Greta[/name] or [name]Ruth[/name] are my picks!

All of your choices are fabulous. I am partial to [name]Ruth[/name] for many reasons, so that is my first choice. A close second would be [name]Greta[/name]. [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] are lovely, but I notice them popping up more frequently on message boards and in birth announcements. [name]Ruth[/name] and [name]Greta[/name] seem relatively dormant, like a buried treasure. :slight_smile:

thanks for the responses - all good food for thought. keep 'em comin! :slight_smile:

Great choices! Overall though, I second (or third?) the love for [name]Greta[/name] or [name]Ruth[/name] as a baby sister for [name]Alice[/name].

[name]Willa[/name] - great name, but I feel like [name]Alice[/name] would be better paired with something a little less soft-sounding, plus she’s popping up A LOT these days (not automatically a bad thing).
[name]Stella[/name] - I don’t like that it’s almost ‘[name]Alice[/name]’ in reverse. Too many of the same sound, and also trendy in a way that [name]Alice[/name] isn’t right now.
[name]Greta[/name]- Sooo sweet! Has a delicate feel to me, but with harder consonants that balance well with [name]Alice[/name].
[name]Ruth[/name] - Makes a lovely vintage-y sibset!

[name]Willa[/name] is not that popular. She get’s mentioned a lot here, but she’s still not even in the top 1000. I really like [name]Willa[/name], [name]Ruth[/name], and [name]Greta[/name]. I like [name]Stella[/name] too, but I think it goes badly with [name]Alice[/name]. I’d eliminate [name]Stella[/name].

I like [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Greta[/name] with [name]Alice[/name], but I prefer [name]Stella[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I won’t be bias since I’m [name]Stella[/name]. I like [name]Ruth[/name] the best with [name]Alice[/name].

[name]RUTH[/name]!
I think [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Ruth[/name] sound great together. [name]IMO[/name] [name]Greta[/name], [name]Willa[/name] & [name]Stella[/name] are too harsh sounding with [name]Alice[/name]. Perhaps you could use alternatives of these names such as [name]Grace[/name] or [name]Willow[/name]…

[name]Greta[/name]! I love [name]Greta[/name] with [name]Alice[/name], I think they work very well together. [name]Greta[/name] is vintage and beautiful, it also seems to age well like [name]Alice[/name].

[name]Greta[/name] and [name]Ruth[/name] pair the best with [name]Alice[/name]. [name]Alice[/name] & [name]Ruth[/name] are a lovely sibset (:

Those are lovely names, but I’d avoid [name]Greta[/name] – to me it harkens to that awful right wing pundit [name]Van[/name] Susteran who had all the plastic surgery to stay young looking. [name]Willa[/name] is beautiful, but I would worry that it will quickly become very popular. You have great taste though; I think they are all perfect, and “match” with [name]Alice[/name]!

[name]Stella[/name]-I like [name]Estelle[/name] nn [name]Stella[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]-Sweet.
[name]Greta[/name]-Nope.
[name]Ruth[/name]-I like [name]Ruthie[/name].

I think with a sister like [name]Alice[/name], a classic name would go well. The names you have chosen dont really go with the name [name]Alice[/name]. I think [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Marianne[/name] would go better. I like your choices, but they dont sound like they will go well with her sister!