Help me name Damaris's brother

I’ve got a character that I’ve had for a while who’s original name was [name_f]Laurel[/name_f], but I’ve started to go off it for two reasons 1) it seems too soft for him and 2) I named his sister [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] and I don’t like the way [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] and [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] sound together as siblings, but [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] suits her better than [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] suits him.

I want to keep him with a botanical name, since he lived most of his life in the forest and he’s an archer/hunter and I think those might suit him. I do find a lot of them are too soft for him though, he’s definitely not a soft or sweet character. I did play with the idea of [name_m]Valerian[/name_m] for him, but I have another character I nearly named [name_m]Valerian[/name_m]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] any of you writer berries have any ideas for him?

I really like [name_m]Valerian[/name_m]; it seems to strong and handsome! If you are sure about it though, here are some names off of my flower/tree name for male characters list.

Acker
[name_f]Aster[/name_f]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_u]Cypress[/name_u]
[name_f]Clematis[/name_f]
[name_u]Foxglove[/name_u]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]
Lupen
[name_u]Oleander[/name_u]
Phlox
[name_u]Quince[/name_u]
[name_u]Snapdragon[/name_u]
[name_u]Yarrow[/name_u]

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rune
[name_f]Aster[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_u]Gray[/name_u]
[name_u]Yarrow[/name_u]
Poplar
[name_u]Oak[/name_u]

1 Like

Funny enough I have [name_u]Damaris[/name_u] on my list of character names.

Juniper
Oaken/ [name_u]Oakley[/name_u]
Bracken
[name_u]Birch[/name_u]
[name_m]Odhran[/name_m]- it means “ green one”
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Alder[/name_u]- it’s a tree name
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
Nettle-( but this sounds more feminine to me)
[name_u]Ash[/name_u]
[name_u]Cedar[/name_u]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_u]Cypress[/name_u]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]- I believe it could be masculine

Hope this helps with inspiration!:grin:

1 Like

I like [name_m]Valerian[/name_m] as a brother for [name_u]Damaris[/name_u]!

Other suggestions:

Adair
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_f]Jonquil[/name_f]
[name_u]Vernon[/name_u] (this is definitely my favorite one for her brother that I found)
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_u]Cedar[/name_u]
[name_m]Clay[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Reed[/name_u]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions berries! I’ve got a few here that I’m gonna consider. I’d already kind of disgarded the idea of [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] for him as being too feminine, but I think feminine might actually work for him, and there’s something about the nickname [name_u]June[/name_u] that’s sits right with me for him. I also like [name_f]Clematis[/name_f] and Poplar.

@carlene.denae I like the sound of [name_u]Vernon[/name_u], and the meaning is great, but I don’t think I can ever look at it and not think of [name_u]Vernon[/name_u] Dursley from [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m].