Help me name my baby boy!

My husband and I are struggling with boy names!! And I’m getting desperate:). I love the name [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] ( [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is also hubby’s middle name) and he thinks baby will be called harry so he’s now vetoed it!! He loves the name [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], I also think [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] is cute but I HATE the [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] after ferris. Any suggestions on middle names for ferris or other nicknames for [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]?
[name_f]TIA[/name_f] :wink:

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you just hate the S sound is [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] for [name_m]Ferris[/name_m]’ middle name? [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Joe[/name_m]? Or use your husband’s first name? Honestly, it doesn’t matter that much as a middle name, it’ll rarely get said together aloud and [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] grounds whimsical [name_m]Ferris[/name_m]. I think I vote for [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] of the two because the Boy Names thread seems to be all about [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] today.

[name_m]Harris[/name_m] seems the more obvious nn for [name_m]Harrison[/name_m].

I’ve taught a couple of Harrisons. Neither of them were called [name_m]Harry[/name_m], both went by their full names. Rkrd makes a good point too. [name_m]Harris[/name_m] is a good nn for [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] if you want a nn available.

I agree [name_m]Harris[/name_m] is the go to nn for [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]. Also what’s nice is it sounds like ferris without BEING [name_m]Ferris[/name_m]. IOW, you didn’t like how [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] went with [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], not a problem now sense usually if you’re using a nn the full first name is used

I think it the hard J along with the S sound in [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] that I don’t think go with [name_m]Ferris[/name_m]. I suggested [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] which I thought sounded cute together and he wasn’t a fan:(.

I see. I agree that [name_m]Harris[/name_m] is a nice nn for [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] and gets you close to [name_m]Ferris[/name_m]. I also know an adult [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] that goes by Hass, which I’ve always found neat, although I could see teasing potential.

I like the name [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] but I always think of the 1986 film “[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] Buellers [name_u]Day[/name_u] Off” but your son probably won’t get to much of that association because he might not have heard of that film so I would not worry about that to much. But [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] is pretty cute name! I was born in the middle of 1999 I have only heard of that film because I like a lot of films by [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Hughes[/name_m] such as Home Alone, Uncle [name_m]Buck[/name_m], Home Alone 2 and so on…

His nn could be [name_u]Sonny[/name_u].

I love the name [name_m]Ferris[/name_m]. Mn’s could be: [name_m]Audley[/name_m], [name_m]Coleman[/name_m], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]Finlay[/name_u], [name_u]Nico[/name_u], [name_u]Gray[/name_u], [name_u]Sloane[/name_u], [name_m]Sayer[/name_m], Kirkland, [name_m]Graham[/name_m], [name_u]Hero[/name_u], [name_m]Slade[/name_m], [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the nn sonny! Would never have ever thought of it!

[name_m]Harris[/name_m] as a nn for [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]. You could also go with the last syllable and call him [name_u]Sonny[/name_u]. I think [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] flows better with [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], so it gets my vote. I have also taught several [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]'s which have not been known as [name_m]Harry[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Harris[/name_m] as the first name, but [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] and [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] are also nice, strong, and masculine.

I love the name [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]! If you love it, go for it! Call him “[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]” instead of “[name_m]Harry[/name_m]” and people will follow suit. No one tries to shorten [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Ford[/name_m] to [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Ford[/name_m], so I think you’re good. “[name_u]Sonny[/name_u]”–so, maybe this is just because I live in the South but it’s kind of like… I picture an irritated old man saying “Now listen, here, [name_u]Sonny[/name_u]” or, I think of [name_u]Sonny[/name_u], the character from The Godfather. I love [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], I think it’s a fantastic name, and I wouldn’t shorten it or have him go by a nickname. It’s a great name, if you pick that I would use it :slight_smile: If you must have a nickname, maybe [name_m]Hank[/name_m]? But seriously, [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] is great, don’t do a nickname.

[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] is also an awesome name, completely underused and I think now would be a fantastic time to use it! You’re right that it doesn’t work with [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]. [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]…too many S sounds or something.

[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]

Good luck!