Help Me Name My Book Characters:

The series is called the Illusionist Series: (A modern day twist on [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] tale stories)
The story is about a girl and her identical twin sister. (Lilivere and Celestia) They live in Michigan and live with their dad. They were told that their mom was dead when she mysteriously shows up one day taking the eldest sister (Celestia) to the “other side”. The other side is where all fairy tales and stories are made. Two years later, The mom comes back to [name_f]Earth[/name_f] and takes [name_f]Lily[/name_f] to the other side because [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is the new Illusionist. [name_f]Every[/name_f] Couple Years there is a new Illusionist. The Illusionist is someone who doesn’t belong to the other side or [name_f]Earth[/name_f] but can blend in and walk back and forth between the worlds. The actions of the illusionist on the other side affects both worlds. The illusionist’s job is to visit the other side and write stories to bring to earth… When they return to earth from the other side, their memories are wiped so they never know that what they experienced was real. The stories on earth are so that the other side remains intact. The other side only survives by the stories told by the illusionist to the people on Earth. The characters in the disney stories are just former illusionist stories. The characters that are “good” in past stories could be “bad” and vice versa. The other side is ruled by the Claremont family.

Here are the characters: What do you think of their current names…Give Suggestions

(Maurice/The dad) [name_u]Carter[/name_u] Arends
(Maleficent/The mom) [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] Milanova- actually the good guy
(Belle) [name_f]Celestia[/name_f] Arends Milanova- dark black hair with red highlights. Kind, caring and loyal to her friends. However, she was also shown to be rather selfish and self centered while having a lot of insecurities regarding herself.
(The Illusionist) Lilivere (Lily) Arends Milanova-dark black hair with red highlights. (Main Character) She is extremely compassionate, kind, empathetic, caring, friendly, gregarious, and protective, especially of those she loves. [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is also known to be a martyr; extremely self -sacrificing and selfless and she is always willing to put the needs of her family, friends, and loved ones before herself.

(Mother Gothel) The Queen’s [name_f]Sister[/name_f]-Terrible, evil, and cruel
Queen_____- Easily persuaded, manipulative, motherly… has an affair with the jester
[name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] Claremont- Abusive, mean, and hates [name_m]Klaus[/name_m] because he is not his child.
Jester _______ (The person the queen had an affair with)- Kind, good man. (dead) killed by [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
(Rapunzel) [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] or [name_f]Freya[/name_f]- has a very stoic personality, keeping a calm, difficult to read, expression at all times.
(Florian-Snow White’s Prince) [name_m]Prince[/name_m] Soren??? MIGHT CHANGE HIS NAME- has an attitude. His siblings don’t like him at all.
(Phillip- Aurora’s Prince) [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_u]Brooks[/name_u]- unpredictable, over-protective and stubborn, but also very kind, intelligent, selfless, empathetic, compassionate, and friendly. He is extremely loyal and has a loving nature.
(Adam/Beast- Belle’s Prince) [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Niklaus[/name_m] (Klaus)- His personality shifts from a heartless, highly conniving, and cruel to a character to one who feels remorse and guilt and love. He is the child of The [name_f]Queen[/name_f] and the Jester. He is a “beast” because he is the bastard of the family.
(Henry- Cinderella’s Prince) [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Percival[/name_m] “Reece”- is menacing, unpredictable, dangerous, wicked, cheeky, somewhat unreasonable and cocky to a fault. He can quickly go from being a respectful gentleman to direct and aggressive.
(Merida) [name_f]Princess[/name_f] ??? is just one of those people you don’t want to piss off. She’s stubborn, snarky, manipulative, bitchy and a bit of a brat. She doesn’t apologize for who she is. She is very loyal to Klaus.
(Eric-Ariel’s Prince) [name_m]Prince[/name_m] Luca??? Not much is known about his personality, being quiet and following around his older brothers, but like his other siblings, he was afraid of his father. (DEAD)

Hi!!
First, I really like the name Lilivere. I’ve never heard it before, but I think its lovely. :slight_smile: and the nickname [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is really cute too.

Here are some ideas I have for the rest of your characters:

1.Mother Gothel: [name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f], [name_f]Odalis[/name_f], [name_f]Atarah[/name_f], or [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]
2. Queen…: [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Vienna[/name_f], [name_f]Karissa[/name_f], [name_u]Aberdeen[/name_u]
3. Jester: [name_m]Anders[/name_m], Jonas/ [name_u]Jonah[/name_u], [name_m]Aaron[/name_m]
4. [name_f]Rapunzel[/name_f]: I think [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] or [name_f]Freya[/name_f] would work. I also thought of [name_f]Amoret[/name_f], [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f], [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] or [name_f]Hannele[/name_f]
5. [name_f]Merida[/name_f]: [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f], [name_u]Teagan[/name_u], [name_f]Bree[/name_f], [name_u]Blair[/name_u], [name_f]Tess[/name_f]

I hope that helps! I really like all the names you’ve picked out. They make sense and fit your characters. Good luck!

1 Like

Mother Gothel: [name_u]Afton[/name_u], [name_f]Bedelia[/name_f], [name_f]Cantrelle[/name_f], [name_f]Esme[/name_f]
Jester: [name_u]Abbott[/name_u], [name_u]Ashby[/name_u], [name_m]Bastian[/name_m], [name_m]Bromley[/name_m]
[name_f]Merida[/name_f]: [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Bridget[/name_f], [name_f]Valeria[/name_f], [name_u]Averil[/name_u]