Help Me Name My Dog!

After years of waiting, my family is finally getting a dog! She’s a chocolate labradoodle and we’ll get her in [name_u]August[/name_u]. The only problem is nobody can agree on a name. Half my family likes cutesy names such as Cupcake and Latte, but my Mom and I agree that we want a name that’s not on the Namberry top dog names of 2017. The only name we all agree on is [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], but we want more options. [name_f]My[/name_f] Mom and I also like [name_f]Dolly[/name_f]. I want a name that is something I’d be too hesitant to bestow on a human child, possibly something from mythology or literature.
I like: [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_f]Antigone[/name_f], [name_f]Jemima[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
Other criteria: we have a cat named [name_m]Louis[/name_m] (which sadly rules out [name_u]Louise[/name_u]), and would prefer a name that is 2-3 syllables
Thanks for the suggestions!

1 Like

Persephone- Sephie for short
[name_f]Aura[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Maia[/name_f]
[name_f]Selene[/name_f]
All seem to more or less fit your category

Most of these would have great nn potential:

[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Maybelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Bellerose[/name_f]
[name_f]Bellarose[/name_f]
[name_u]Larkspur[/name_u]
[name_u]Larkin[/name_u]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Gertrude[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]

1 Like

Penelope, [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlet[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Eliora[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Isolde[/name_f], [name_f]Livia[/name_f], [name_u]Harper[/name_u], [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], [name_u]Hayden[/name_u], [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Esme[/name_f], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_u]Louise[/name_u], [name_f]Myra[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], [name_f]Tia[/name_f], and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]

Let me know if you like any of these!

I second [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f], [name_u]Larkspur[/name_u], and [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]!!

1 Like

[name_m]How[/name_m] exciting!

[name_m]Reading[/name_m] all the names you’re considering, the one that jumps into my head is… [name_f]Dido[/name_f] :yellow_heart:

Thanks for all the suggestions! I’m loving [name_f]Esme[/name_f], Larskpur, and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]. BothHarriet and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] had been previously vetoed :((