Help me name my protagonist!

So, I’m writing this story about the villain and the hero needing to team up to take down a goverment organization and I can’t come up with any names that feel right and I can’t come up with any last names either.

For the villain I only like [name_f]Beatriz[/name_f] (and I would probably just go with it), but I still need a last name and a middle name (btw. she’s latina).

For the hero I’ve been calling him [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] but I just don’t see him as a [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], and he’s ethnical background is mostly an average white american.

I would really appreciate your help.

Protagonist first:
[name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_u]Daniel[/name_u]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_u]Dane[/name_u]

middle:
[name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_u]Leon[/name_u]
[name_u]Greyson[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]

Villain middle:
[name_f]Mercedes[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Carmelita[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariana[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelia[/name_f]

1 Like

For the protagonist, [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] or [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]?
For the middle of the villain, maybe [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], or [name_u]Sage[/name_u]?

I typically use names like

[name_m]Kenneth[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Carlos[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]

Partially because of the meaning behind them. In my experience, having a protagonist with a name that is meaningful while sounding cool and collected is helpful for developing their character.

For antagonists, I typically go for names that seem cold, although not necessarily more formal. However, in this case, I’d recommend a name that summarizes your character. [name_u]Or[/name_u], to put it another way, say my character is a fiery female that is independent but truly needs a friend to help her through a tough family situation. I would probably choose to name her something like [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] (meaning “ardent, fiery”) or [name_f]Fiammetta[/name_f] (meaning “little fiery one”).

Of course, first names are the easy part. In most situations, the last names are hard to choose from. If I were you, I might go for a more common name for the villain. That is if you’re trying to help the villain connect somewhat to the readers.

For me, the names I choose have contrasting styles. Maybe the first name will be common like [name_u]William[/name_u] and the last name will be uncommon like Riachineza. [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe the first name is Adeleantena and the last name will be [name_m]Smith[/name_m]. The names my clash in styles, but you might find that they actually go quite well together.

I don’t have any last names to specifically give you, but if your character’s first name is somewhat basic, I’d suggest completely making something up for the last name, and vice versa.

1 Like