Help me name this baby!

I’m mom to 3 kids, and baby 4 is coming in a few weeks. We were set on a girl name, but obviously i’m here because it’s a boy. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I really only agree on a handful of names but we still don’t have anything locked down and i’d love some ideas. We like names that are not very traditional, uncommon but not so wild that you get a bunch of eye rolls. Top contenders are [name_m]Vander[/name_m], [name_m]Titus[/name_m], and [name_m]Calvin[/name_m]. For reference, our last name is 2 syllables and ends in “an” sound.

[name_m]Vander[/name_m] and [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] both work great with your sibset! I would avoid [name_m]Titus[/name_m], because it feels very “t” heavy with the others imo. Here are some other suggestions

[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Collier[/name_m]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_u]Forest[/name_u]

Thanks for the suggestions. I edited my post a little to take out the sibling names, just to get feedback on my current names. But I do agree that the “t” sound is very heavy with my other kids’ names. I hadn’t even considered that. Our last name ends in the “AN” sound so unfortunately we can’t do anything like “[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]”.

1 Like

I think I actually like [name_m]Titus[/name_m] best. [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] would be my second pick. :blush:

I didn’t see the post with your other kids’ names.
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] would be my pick!

1 Like

After reading your naming preferences I was a little surprised to see [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] as one of your top contenders since I consider it a traditional name and it’s popularity has remained fairly steady in the high 100s low 200s for the last century. It’s a great name though, just a bit different to the others on your list.

I’ll focus on names more in the style of [name_m]Vander[/name_m] and [name_m]Titus[/name_m]. Names that remind me of [name_m]Titus[/name_m]; [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Demetri[/name_m], [name_m]Silvester[/name_m], [name_u]Auberon[/name_u], [name_m]Caius[/name_m], [name_m]Inigo[/name_m], [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_m]Marius[/name_m], [name_u]Aquila[/name_u], [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m], [name_m]Ivo[/name_m], [name_u]Blaise[/name_u], [name_m]Amias[/name_m], [name_m]Jove[/name_m], [name_m]Darius[/name_m], [name_u]Ira[/name_u], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Raphael[/name_m], [name_m]Tycho[/name_m], [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], [name_m]Linus[/name_m].

Names that remind me of [name_m]Vander[/name_m]; [name_u]Calloway[/name_u], [name_u]Sinclair[/name_u], [name_m]Anders[/name_m], [name_m]Heathcliff[/name_m], [name_m]Vaughn[/name_m], [name_m]Eames[/name_m], [name_m]Osmund[/name_m], [name_m]Finnick[/name_m], [name_m]Alistair[/name_m], [name_m]Seamus[/name_m], [name_u]Keeley[/name_u], [name_m]Viggo[/name_m], [name_m]Everard[/name_m], [name_m]Orlando[/name_m], [name_u]Sterling[/name_u], [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], [name_u]Cedar[/name_u], [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], [name_m]Alaric[/name_m],[name_m]Tavish[/name_m], [name_m]Broderick[/name_m], [name_m]Miller[/name_m], [name_m]Conrad[/name_m], [name_m]Adler[/name_m]

[name_m]Vander[/name_m] is my favorite with your kiddos

Other ideas

[name_m]Cassius[/name_m] (cash-us)
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] “[name_u]Gus[/name_u]”
[name_m]Hoyt[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Micha[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_m]Darius[/name_m]
[name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Malcom[/name_m]
[name_u]Maddox[/name_u]
[name_m]Quade[/name_m]
[name_m]Griffin[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Nevin[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]/[name_m]Calix[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Cato[/name_u]
[name_m]Garrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Leland[/name_u]

[name_m]Vander[/name_m] is amazing!

Maybe:
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Mark[/name_m]
[name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Crandall[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] (Still has strong t’s but not in the beginning)

Maybe [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]? It’s a softer T name

I really like [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] and [name_m]Vander[/name_m].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about…

[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Viggo[/name_m]
[name_m]Baxter[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Caius[/name_m]
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_u]Arrow[/name_u]
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_u]Hendrix[/name_u]