Help me narrow down my loooong list of boys' names!

First child, a daughter, is named [name]Monet[/name], so this name would need to be complementary to that. Also, [name]Daniel[/name] will need to be either first or middle name (it’s a family name), but because it’s so common I would prefer it as a middle name with one of these more unusual first names.

Thanks!

[name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Ari[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Barnett[/name]
[name]Barton[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Bernard[/name]
[name]Bertram[/name]
[name]Birch[/name]
[name]Brandeis[/name]
[name]Burton[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Cohen[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dennison[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Ernest[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Flannery[/name]
[name]Gramercy[/name]
[name]Hemingway[/name]
[name]Irving[/name]
[name]Kerouac[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Morrison[/name]
[name]Moses[/name]
[name]Murray[/name]
[name]Newland[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Raleigh[/name]
[name]Randolph[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Rocco[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Saul[/name]
[name]Schuyler[/name]
[name]Sinclair[/name]
[name]Slate[/name]
[name]Smith[/name]
S”ren
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Thackeray[/name]
[name]Thoreau[/name]
[name]Thorpe[/name]
[name]Thurber[/name]
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Turner[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Ward[/name]
[name]Warren[/name]
[name]Washington[/name]
[name]West[/name]
[name]Yeats[/name]

I took out the ones I just didn’t care for, though that wasn’t many since you have such a great list!! So here are my thoughts, assuming [name]Daniel[/name] in the middle.

[name]Archer[/name]- really like
[name]Ari[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]- the flow with [name]Daniel[/name] is interesting (-den [name]Dan[/name]-) but it doesn’t bother me. [name]Auden[/name] is becoming more popular for girls, though…
[name]August[/name]- the final -t may not be the best flow with [name]Daniel[/name]; I don’t really mind it though
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]- again final -t but I think it works fine in this case
[name]Bertram[/name]
[name]Birch[/name]- this was on my list at one point, I think it’s interesting
[name]Brandeis[/name]- very interesting, maybe a little feminine though?
[name]Burton[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]- I love the [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] character, but this sounds too feminine on a boy to me :\
[name]Dashiell[/name]- like, but not really with [name]Daniel[/name] as a middle
[name]Dennison[/name]- don’t mind the alliteration in this case
[name]Duncan[/name]- don’t like it with [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]- I like [name]Evan[/name] better with [name]Daniel[/name], it’s a bit popular though
[name]Felix[/name]- really like
[name]Finnegan[/name]- like this, especially with nn [name]Finn[/name]
[name]Flannery[/name]- the -an sound might be a bit much with [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Gramercy[/name]- a bit much, I think
[name]Hemingway[/name]- same as above; I like it though
[name]Kerouac[/name]- ditto :\
[name]Malcolm[/name]- love! it’s my top pick for a boy. goes well with [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Morrison[/name]
[name]Moses[/name]- sounds a bit too Biblical for me personally, esp with [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Newland[/name]- don’t like the -d ending with [name]Daniel[/name] in the middle
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]- love!
[name]Rocco[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Roscoe[/name]- makes me think of a bully, or a dog, sorry!
[name]Rowan[/name]- love this, and it sounds good with [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]- like, but not sure about the final -t with [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Smith[/name]- if your last name sounds anything like a first name, don’t use this one! I have a friend [name]Smith[/name] whose name sounds inside-out
S”ren- really like this
[name]Thackeray[/name]- a ‘lot of name,’ but I still like it
[name]Ward[/name]- don’t like the final -d with [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]West[/name]- really like, but again the final -t isn’t the best flow with [name]Daniel[/name]; makes [name]West[/name] sound like [name]Wes[/name]. [name]May[/name] not be a problem, though!
[name]Yeats[/name]- love this!!

My favorites:
[name]Archer[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]*
[name]Owen[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] (but don’t use if your last name starts with B or D!)
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]*
[name]Soren[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Yeats[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] *

Good luck!

What would help to narrow the list down is to know your background, a lot of these names are religious and cross cultural so knowing it would help narrow the list down. Personally I am an advocate of strong boys names, ones that are not necessarily super cute but rather a good long run choice, when your little one become a man and heads to work. Afterall a name is the first impression even a potential empler will have of your child. The list is long so I took out the names I didn’t like.

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]August[/name] - more of a girls name really unless you want to call him [name]Augustus[/name]
[name]Bernard[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name] - I would avoid all D names if youre planning on using [name]David[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Smith[/name]
[name]Warren[/name]

I’m a traditionalist, so I took out the names that are last names, those that sound too feminine, and those that would cause a lot of teasing in school. I applaud your creativity with the names but what you have to think about is the boy more then yourself, I sure you have heard about the boy named [name]Sue[/name].

What a great list! If i had to narrow it down to one, it would probably be the name [name]Gramercy[/name]. I think [name]Monet[/name] and [name]Gramercy[/name] sound great togehter, plus the nn [name]Gram[/name]/[name]Graham[/name]/[name]Graeme[/name] is good since its a classic name that he could go by if he truly wishes to. I [name]LOVE[/name] the way that [name]Gramercy[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] flows as well.
hope this helps!

Oh my this is a long list! Okay I’ll try and keep my responses short and to the point. =)

[name]Abraham[/name] - Like but don’t love
[name]Archer[/name] - Really like; [name]Archer[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] sounds nice.
[name]Ari[/name] - Seems a tad feminine.
[name]Arthur[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! [name]Arthur[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] sounds wonderful.
[name]Asher[/name] - I know many people here like this but to me it’s overly trendy and popular.

[name]Auden[/name] - Really like but I could easily see it going to the girls.
[name]August[/name] - [name]Love[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name] - I have a weakness for quirky odd-balls such as this; [name]Love[/name] it!

[name]Barnett[/name] - Cute, handsome.
[name]Barton[/name] - Handsome, quirky, unusual and yet vaguely familiar.
[name]Beckett[/name] - Cute.
[name]Bernard[/name] - Same qualities as [name]Barnaby[/name] but I like [name]Barnaby[/name] better.
[name]Bertram[/name] - [name]Love[/name], love, love!!! (Recently added to my list as well)
[name]Birch[/name] - I think kids would quickly change this to b*tch.
[name]Brandeis[/name] - I actually haven’t heard of this one before and was unable to find any info on it. It’s okay, I might like it more if I knew the background.

[name]Burton[/name] - [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Calder[/name] - Cute; it’s growing on me.
[name]Chase[/name] - Nice but feels a bit lackluster next to the others.
[name]Cohen[/name] - Cute, though I seen this one popping up quite a bit on other forums so it’s popularity may be on the rise.

[name]Daniel[/name] - Nice middle name!
[name]Darcy[/name] - Since Miss [name]Monet[/name] as a rather ambiguous name gender wise I think it would be best to go for a more masculine name for your boy. (Though I do love [name]Darcy[/name] for a girl).

[name]Dashiell[/name] - Not really a favourite of mine, to me it seems pretty feminine.

[name]Dennison[/name] - [name]Love[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name] - Can’t say that I’m a fan, feels too humdrum and obtuse to me. Perhaps [name]Declan[/name] instead?

[name]Dylan[/name] - Nice but you have others I like better and it’s pretty common right now.

[name]Eli[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it as a nickname for [name]Elias[/name] or [name]Elijah[/name]!
[name]Emerson[/name] - I’m not sure if this is true for where you live but in the US and UK this lovely name has gone completely to the girls unfortunately =/

[name]Ernest[/name] - Very nice
[name]Evander[/name] - Very nice, I’ve considered it as well but still wonder if it feels too trendy.

[name]Felix[/name] - [name]Love[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name] - A nice name but much too trendy and popular
[name]Flannery[/name] - Sorry, I’m not a fan.
[name]Gramercy[/name] - I like obscure words as names but this just doesn’t feel like a name to me.

[name]Hemingway[/name] - A lot of the famous lit. names you have really work as first names, but this one just seems like it could be too notorious for a child to handle.

[name]Irving[/name] - [name]Love[/name]
[name]Kerouac[/name] - I love [name]Jack[/name] [name]Kerouac[/name] and I definitely think his surname has great first name potential!

[name]Magnus[/name] - Not one of my favourites.
[name]Malcolm[/name] - [name]Love[/name]
[name]Morrison[/name] - Nice
[name]Moses[/name] - Again I fear this may be too much ‘name’ for someone to handle.

[name]Murray[/name] - Cute
[name]Newland[/name] - Seems like more of a name of an avenue, boulevard, or town.

[name]Nolan[/name] - Very popular right now
[name]Owen[/name] - Extremely popular but still nice.
[name]Pierce[/name] - okay
[name]Rafferty[/name] - Cute
[name]Raleigh[/name] - There are a ridiculous amount of variations of this floating around right now, all of which are wildly overused.

[name]Randolph[/name] - Handsome, regal, refined; a real winner!
[name]Reuben[/name] - Still can’t help but think of the sandwich =/
[name]Rocco[/name] - Not my favourite
[name]Roman[/name] - Nice but I like some others more
[name]Roscoe[/name] - Nice
[name]Rowan[/name] - Nice but very popular, especially among the girls.
[name]Rupert[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! Cute, handsome, and [name]Rupert[/name] [name]Daniel[/name] sounds spectacular!

[name]Saul[/name] - Nice
[name]Schuyler[/name] - Nice
[name]Sinclair[/name] - Feels more like a surname to me
[name]Slate[/name] - Sounds cold (no pun intended).
[name]Smith[/name] - Okay
S”ren - I adore Kierkegaard! What a wonderful namesake!
[name]Tate[/name] - Not my favourite
[name]Thackeray[/name] - Meh
[name]Thoreau[/name] - Another brilliant namesake!
[name]Thorpe[/name] - I adore this! So strong and quirky!
[name]Thurber[/name] - Not a fan of this one
[name]Truman[/name] - Nice
[name]Turner[/name] - Nice
[name]Victor[/name] - okay
[name]Ward[/name] - [name]Love[/name]
[name]Warren[/name] - [name]Love[/name]
[name]Washington[/name] - Okay
[name]West[/name] - Okay
[name]Yeats[/name] - Hmm, I love the namesake, I think it’s growing on me!

Okay so my favourites were:
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Barton[/name]
[name]Bertram[/name]
[name]Kerouac[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
S”ren
[name]Thoreau[/name]
[name]Thorpe[/name]

Thank you so much for all your opinions!