Help me narrow down names-girls and boys

[name]Just[/name] looking for some outside opinions on our top baby names. not sure if it is a girl or boy yet, but i love the name process, so we of course already have our list going. Please tell me your favorites!
Girls-
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Gabriella[/name]

Boys-
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]

Girls-
[name]Violet[/name] - I think this a beautiful name.
[name]Fiona[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] this name.
[name]Cordelia[/name] - I don’t like this one, at all.
[name]Scarlett[/name] - Cute.
[name]Amelia[/name] - I love this name, but I hate how popular it has become.
[name]Gabriella[/name] - I don’t like this one either.

Boys-
[name]Owen[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name, not sure if I’d ever use it though.
[name]Jackson[/name] - I like it, but not really my style.
[name]Everett[/name] - I absolutley love this name, but I’m a bit biased because this is my son’s middle name.
[name]Connor[/name] - Not a big fan of this name.
[name]Jameson[/name] - Dislike this one very much.

I hope I helped you. Good luck! :smiley:

From your list, I like:

Girls-
[name]Violet[/name] – #2
[name]Fiona[/name] – #3
[name]Amelia[/name] – #1

Boys-
[name]Owen[/name]

I only marginally like [name]Everett[/name] and I just don’t like the others.

I like:
[name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Connor[/name] best.

The rest are great ideas, except [name]Fiona[/name].

I would narrow it down to:

[name]Violet[/name] - such a pretty color and flower name. It’s so versatile and pretty. It’s one of my personal favorites, so of course I love it. :slight_smile:
[name]Cordelia[/name] - cool literary name with ties to several works. I think it’s timeless and pretty and would love to meet someone with the name! I also love [name]Violet[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] as a combo…
[name]Everett[/name] - love! This happens to be in my top 3 so I’m a huge fan, I think it’s so striking and handsome and I like that it’s familiar but not overdone. :slight_smile: I think [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] would be perfect as siblings…
[name]Jameson[/name] - one of the -son names that seems to be unaffected by trendiness. The nn [name]Jamie[/name] for a boy is swoonworthy (imo!) and rugged, and I love the idea of meeting a little boy with the name.

Good luck!

I like them in the following order (I really like them all!)

Girls:

1. [name]Cordelia[/name]
  2. [name]Fiona[/name]
  3. [name]Scarlett[/name]
  4. [name]Amelia[/name]
  5. [name]Violet[/name]
  6. [name]Gabriella[/name]

Boys

1. [name]Everett[/name]
  2. [name]Connor[/name]
  3. [name]Owen[/name]
  4. [name]Jackson[/name]
  5. [name]Jameson[/name] (only name I don’t really like, reminds me of the whiskey)

[name]Love[/name] [name]Gabriella[/name] and [name]Owen[/name]!

[name]Owen[/name] And [name]Amelia[/name]!

Girls-
[name]Violet[/name]- Nice, but just not my style.
[name]Fiona[/name]-All I can think of it Shrek, sorry!
[name]Cordelia[/name]- not bad, it just sounds a bit fussy and long.
[name]Scarlett[/name]- My favorite of your list, beautiful and cute at the same time.
[name]Amelia[/name]- My middle name, [name]LOVE[/name] IT!
[name]Gabriella[/name]- Again, it seem’s just a bit long but i still like, but that’s probably just me i like short names.

Boys-
[name]Owen[/name]- I don’t like this one at all really.
[name]Jackson[/name]- [name]Love[/name]!!!
[name]Everett[/name]- Not bad, it sounds like a nice middle name.
[name]Connor[/name]- Second favorite from the list, i really like it.
[name]Jameson[/name]- This is cool, great alternative to [name]James[/name], I’m really liking it!

Favorites:
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Jackson[/name] [name]Everett[/name] or [name]Connor[/name] [name]Jameson[/name] or [name]Jameson[/name] [name]Everett[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name] with your pregnancy and choosing the name, your right it’s so much fun :slight_smile:
Gracen xx

Thanks so much for all your posts! While i like all the names i have picked, i am super choosy because i dont want my child being made fun of for their name. My first DS name is [name]Liam[/name], and i think most of these names go well with his name. My last name is very short, so i dont worry about a name being too long, and also plan on using nicknames for most of these names. I am going to list my concerns with each name…
[name]Violet[/name]-recently read some people think it sounds too much like violent
[name]Fiona[/name]-SHREK!
[name]Cordelia[/name]-not very common and feel like people will question the name. Also hate cor[name]Nelia[/name] and dont want people to make that mistake
[name]Scarlett[/name]-having “scar” in a little girls name
[name]Amelia[/name]-becoming very popular
[name]Gabriella[/name]-very popular

Boys-
[name]Owen[/name]-“blowin owen”
[name]Jackson[/name]-very popular
[name]Everett[/name]-my fav, until i heard some are naming girls this-one of my big fears-boy names used for girls
[name]Connor[/name]-nothing wrong with it, just not in love with it
[name]Jameson[/name]-whiskey, also some are naming girls this

I know i am a nut, but i do like to think of every possible problem with a name-although i realize nothing will be perfect! Thanks again for sharing your opinions!

I really like all your girl names, except for [name]Gabriella[/name] (just NMS). My favorites are [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name], sadly I can’t use either, my cousin who I really don’t like named her daughter [name]Fiona[/name], and [name]Amelia[/name] is too similar to my name ([name]Amy[/name]).

From your boy names I like [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Connor[/name]. Not a big fan of [name]Everett[/name]. I don’t really know why, it is a perfectly fine name, I just don’t like it. I don’t like any of the -son names, so [name]Jackson[/name] and [name]Jameson[/name] are out for me.

[name]Violet[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name] are on my list. [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Everett[/name] are nice.

i am using [name]Cordelia[/name] for my little one so I guess I am biased :slight_smile: but I also [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]! For a boy, definitely [name]Everett[/name]<3