Help me nickname a baby boy!

My husband and I just found out we are expecting our first baby! We don’t know the gender yet. If it’s a boy, we’d like to name him for my husband; [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] [name_m]Alfredo[/name_m]. I need help landing on a nn for the baby to lessen confusion later on down the road, and I like nicknames anyway.
Some background is that I’m from the US and my husband is from Mexico and speaks Spanish, so in [name_f]English[/name_f] he’s called eye-vun and in Spanish he’s called ee-vahn. I’ve considered ‘Ivancito’ for the baby, but would like your ideas and suggestions, please!

1 Like

Maybe you could take a nn from his middle?
[name_u]Alfie[/name_u] or [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] maybe?

1 Like

I like the sound of [name_u]Freddy[/name_u] and [name_m]Fredo[/name_m] a lot! Our last name starts with an F as well, but I don’t think that would be a huge obstacle in my mind.

Alfie
[name_u]Van[/name_u]
[name_m]Vance[/name_m]
[name_u]Freddie[/name_u]
[name_m]Ivo[/name_m]

1 Like

Ivo and [name_m]Vance[/name_m] appeal to me very much! Thank you! I wouldn’t have come up with those ideas myself, thank you!

Congratulations!! I was also going to suggest [name_m]Ivo[/name_m], I love it and I think it works really well as a nickname for [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] and I also like that [name_m]Alfredo[/name_m] ends in o so you have the Iv from [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] and the o from [name_m]Alfredo[/name_m]!

1 Like

Thank you! I hadn’t connected [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] with the middle name but you’re right! I’m not sure which one I love the sound of more: eye-vo or ee-vo.

Ivo is nice! Has a cute modern look to it too.

Ivan is a version of [name_m]John[/name_m] so maybe [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_m]Juan[/name_m], [name_u]Yanni[/name_u], or [name_m]Johnny[/name_m]? Other ideas…

Ivano (taking the o from [name_m]Alfredo[/name_m])
[name_f]Navi[/name_f] ([name_m]Ivan[/name_m] backwards!)

1 Like

Love the suggestion of [name_m]Ivo[/name_m]! [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] or [name_m]Fredo[/name_m] is also great.

1 Like

I. love. the. name. [name_u]Van[/name_u].
Not sure if it translates well to Spanish, but I think in [name_f]English[/name_f] it’s handsome and boyish. Maybe [name_u]Vaughn[/name_u] or [name_m]Von[/name_m]?

1 Like

All I can think of is [name_m]Ivo[/name_m], [name_m]Ivanhoe[/name_m], and [name_m]Ives[/name_m].

1 Like

What about [name_m]Vanya[/name_m]?

1 Like

These are all so cute! Thank you to everyone! These ideas helped a lot.

My faves are: [name_m]Ivo[/name_m] (I think the eye-vo or ee-vo issue depends on how you pronounce [name_m]Ivan[/name_m]?), [name_m]Ives[/name_m] and [name_u]Alfie[/name_u].

1 Like

I pretty much always say eye-van, his family uses both, depending on if they’re speaking in [name_f]English[/name_f] or Spanish. They will use both in one conversation haha

1 Like

That makes sense! I also have a european name that gets pronounced in multiple ways throughout the day haha. Well either is super cute and you have some nice options!

1 Like

So true! More options than I thought☺

1 Like

What about [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Ives[/name_m]? That is so handsome :heart_eyes: I like the idea of reversing the names.