Help Me Pick a Pet Name

I am adopting a puppy that a friend of mine rescued.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: His name is Bodhi and he is a 6 month old lab mix with a red-brown coat and is already 50 pounds so he’s gonna be a big boy! He’s very friendly, sweet, playful, and goofy! I like Bodhi but am not sure if I love it and am thinking about changing it. These are the names I am thinking about. What do y’all think?

• Winston “Winnie”
  • Scooby
  • Bodhi
  • Chappell
  • Nugget
  • Noodle
  • Mochi
  • Espresso
  • Milo
0 voters

I like [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] and [name_m]Winston[/name_m] best! Followed by [name_m]Milo[/name_m] :slight_smile:

I’ve never owned a dog, so how easy would it be for a 6 month old to learn a new name? If its easy for them, [name_m]Winston[/name_m] is great if you change it. If it’s more tricky, I think [name_m]Milo[/name_m] keeps the strong O sound and would make it easier? [name_m]Or[/name_m] [name_m]Mochi[/name_m] actually? That is cute too

1 Like

I gotta say, [name_m]Scooby[/name_m] is my favorite! so playful and goofy–just like your puppy!

I’ll be crossing my fingers for some puppy pics when you decide!

1 Like

[name_m]Scooby[/name_m] is my favorite followed by [name_m]Milo[/name_m].:blush: [name_m]Winston[/name_m] “Winnie” is cute too!

1 Like

Thankyou!! It would be fairly easy to train him with the new name at 6 months! It would be the easiest if the name is similar to his name in cadence or sounds though!

1 Like

Thankyou!! I love [name_m]Scooby[/name_m] too❤️ He kinda looks like [name_m]Scooby[/name_m] Doo so it’s fitting lol!

3 Likes

Thankyou!! [name_m]Scooby[/name_m] and [name_m]Winston[/name_m] are my favorites🥰

1 Like

I looooove [name_m]Mochi[/name_m] and Winston!!

@g.o.d.d.e.s.s thanks for letting me know! I’ve only had guinea pigs and it’s similar with them - they can relearn, but they relearn more easily if at least one sound is the same.

Edit: just seen the pics and I have to say, Scooby or Mochi might be my faves for him now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I have to change my vote because he looks like a [name_m]Scooby[/name_m]! He’s sooooo cute!! Thank you for sharing pics of him so we can all admire his cuteness 🫶🏼

1 Like

that there is scooby doo!!!

1 Like