Help me round off the sibset...

See the results of this poll: Lucy, Rose and…

Respondents: 63 (This poll is closed)

• Isla : 16 (25%)
  • Cora : 37 (59%)
  • Lila : 2 (3%)
  • Aria: 8 (13%)

You already have a L with [name]Lucy[/name] so [name]Lila[/name] is out for me so [name]Isla[/name] or [name]Aria[/name] for me.

[name]Isla[/name]!! Winner. Beautiful classic name that is short and sweet. I love your sibset.

I love the name [name]Isla[/name]. And I think it works with [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]. But honestly, I think [name]Cora[/name] goes better - it has the same vintage feel as [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Rose[/name], whereas [name]Isla[/name] (at least in the US) is a fairly new, trendy name.

[name]Lila[/name] is a little too close to [name]Lucy[/name] (both 4 letter names beginning with L) and trendy more than classic. When you consider [name]Lila[/name]'s popularity, make sure you’re also considering [name]Lyla[/name] or any other spellings. I love the name [name]Lily[/name], and it’s very popular… as are [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Lilly[/name], [name]Lillie[/name], etc. [name]Aria[/name] is very pretty but doesn’t fit with the feel of [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]. Not a bad option, though.

My votes would be:

[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]

Good luck!

I love [name]Isla[/name], [name]Lila[/name], and [name]Aria[/name].
With [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Rose[/name], I think [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Aria[/name] are the best choices. can’t choose one, love it both.

I think [name]Cora[/name] would be a lovely name with [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]. I love [name]Lila[/name] too but she would share an initial with [name]Lucy[/name]. [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Aria[/name] seem a little too contemporary with L & R.

I think if your good friend had a child named Isla then you should steer clear, but a sister of a friend doesn’t count in my mind. I like the name Isla a lot, but Cora goes very nicely with the sibling names as well.

[name]Lucy[/name], [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] are all semi-popular vintage-y names in the UK, and I really think they go very well together. I actually know twins named [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]. I love the fact they’re all 4 letters too, but of course it would be with any of the names.

I would have voted [name]Cora[/name], but it seems a tiny bit out of place to me, strangely. I think it’s because it’s far less popular than them in the UK.

I think [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] fit the best. I agree with pp’s about [name]Lila[/name]–both popular and infringing on [name]Lucy[/name]'s L. I find [name]Aria[/name] much more modern in comparison with her sisters.

[name]Cora[/name]!!! : D. I agree with the general consensuses (at least I assume of US writers - where are you?) . To me specifically, [name]Cora[/name] feels vintage like [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] and is great, [name]Lila[/name] is vintage to my ear too actually, but then there are two L initials, [name]Isla[/name] is lovely but more “modern” (but not exactly), same for [name]Aria[/name] (but even more modern).

Your excitement about nn [name]Coco[/name] doesn’t seem repeated for nn’s of the others (well, they don’t really have them), so that’s an added bonus for [name]Cora[/name]!

Good luck!

[name]Cora[/name]!!! Perfect with your sibset.

While [name]Lila[/name] is my personal favorite, I like the idea of all three girls having their own initial. I voted [name]Cora[/name]. I think [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Rose[/name], and [name]Cora[/name] are utterly perfect together and I love the literary significance of [name]Cora[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I voted [name]Cora[/name] too, i think it’s a lovely fit. [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Rose[/name] & [name]Cora[/name], [name]Aria[/name] feels to ‘new’ with the other names and while [name]Isla[/name] is a beutiful name i’m Scottish and it’s very popular up here.