Help me run a few things by dh

Help, we want the nick name possibilities [name_f]Hannie[/name_f] &/or [name_f]Anna[/name_f] &/or Dannie

3 syllable name with history but not extreemly common.

English & [name_m]German[/name_m] names preferably something Georgian

Also like [name_f]Hannelore[/name_f], [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], Wilhelmiene, [name_f]Helena[/name_f] & [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], (don’t like Danielle just figured its worth mentioning) but decided against them :-/

Wishing I could find something that ended in -ne, maybe [name_u]Lane[/name_u] or that the 3rd syllable didn’t start with an L.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] ttc & have a boys name already

** best beginning letters would be D H N W at the moment **

I’m feeling extra picky what do you all think…? There’s gotta be a name that gives one of those nns we both like right?

Entertaining lists of ideas at this point, anything starting with those letters that’s similar to my veto list that might get to where we are going. Thanks a bunch!!

[name_f]Helene[/name_f] is beautiful, but is it too close to [name_f]Helena[/name_f]?

Yea to simar

Well I can only think of [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. Perhaps the combo [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]? It sounds like [name_f]Hannelore[/name_f]…or maybe [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] or [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]. Sorry, that’s all I could come up with :slight_smile:

Thanks :slight_smile: yea I think we are looking for something that might just not exist. I’m assuming one day something will pop out a me. I found a site where you can punch in really specific things lol and I got 3 names and they weren’t good lol so I think I might actually not be able to find something. I really like a few names but when I think about it enough its not right or it gets vetoed by dh lol. Maddening :wink:

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Anabel[/name_f], [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]

I second [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]! Very pretty! [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Ann[/name_f]-[name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_f]Annalee[/name_f]/[name_f]Annaleigh[/name_f]/[name_f]Analeigh[/name_f] are some others.

[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] was the first that jumped to mind, with the nn [name_f]Anna[/name_f] or [name_f]Annie[/name_f].

[name_f]Hannelore[/name_f] got vetoed? That’s a shame.

Okay so I’m going to attempt to stick to the rules here. I’ll apologize in advance for anything repeated from previous threads of yours I’ve commented on.

D names:
[name_f]Danica[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_f]Darlene[/name_f]- 2 syllables but has the ending you want, and the nn [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] would be adorable.
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_f]Delaina[/name_f]

H names:
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_u]Havana[/name_u]- nn [name_f]Hannie[/name_f] (like savanna with an h)
[name_u]Hillary[/name_u]- I read a book where one of the characters was “Hilly” and I’ve loved [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] nn Hilly ever since.
[name_m]Hanley[/name_m]- nn [name_f]Hannie[/name_f]
[name_u]Henley[/name_u]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
Hennessey- nn [name_f]Hennie[/name_f]?
Hosannah- nn [name_f]Hannie[/name_f]

N names:
Novalee
[name_f]Norina[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f]- [name_m]French[/name_m] version of [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], chicer imo.
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f]

W names:
[name_f]Winona[/name_f]
Wilhemina
[name_u]Whitney[/name_u]
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u]

I know some of these are two-syllable names, but i thought Id throw them out there anyways. Is there a reason they have to start with these particular letters or are you open to other suggestions?

Ways to get to [name_f]Hannie[/name_f]/[name_f]Anna[/name_f]/[name_u]Dannie[/name_u]:
[name_f]Annica[/name_f]- nn [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Annora[/name_f]- nn [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Annesley[/name_f]- nn [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]- nn [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Annalee[/name_f]- nn [name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Daenerys[/name_f]- nn [name_u]Dannie[/name_u]- maybe not your style
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]- nn [name_u]Dannie[/name_u]

This is all I could think of at the moment.Good luck in your search and best of wishes!

Also, [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] or [name_f]Henriette[/name_f] are gorgeously Georgian and could easily lead to the nn [name_f]Hannie[/name_f].
[name_f]Danica[/name_f] or [name_f]Danika[/name_f] is an obvious choice for the nn [name_u]Dannie[/name_u].
[name_f]Antonia[/name_f] or [name_f]Antoinette[/name_f] are European choices for the nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f]
I think [name_f]Ariana[/name_f] could just about lead to the nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f], but it’s more of a stretch.

Good luck!

[name_u]Dana[/name_u]
[name_f]Daniela[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] ([name_f]Anna[/name_f] as a nn?)
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilian[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaine[/name_f] (love love love!)

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you find one soon.!

Oh I love a lot of these, no [name_f]Hannelore[/name_f] isn’t vetoed perse just we aren’t 100%, we may go with it, just looking for any other potential options, well those appear to be the letters we are gravitating toward at the moment. I think that answered everyone’s questions, we actually know a lot of people with a lot if these names, which is amusing, or very similar ones. Lots of great ideas though :slight_smile:

Thanks all, might post one last one lol