Help me solve this 'Patricia' conundrum!

Since the dawn of time, the first born daughters of my family have named their first born daughter [name]Patricia[/name]. We each go by something different, for example my grandmother is “[name]Patricia[/name],” my mom is “[name]Patrice[/name],” and I am “[name]Tricia[/name].” Though my DH and I already have a name picked out for our daughter… we are having trouble finding a variation of [name]Patricia[/name] to flow with said name. Anyhow, the name we have picked is “[name]Dahlia[/name].” I can’t really see [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patricia[/name], due to the repetition of the ‘A’ ending, but I could use other opinions. [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patrice[/name] is sounds good, but [name]Patrice[/name] really isn’t my favorite of the variations. I would like the name to still have a vintage, classic, feminine feel… so [name]Trixie[/name] or Trishelle are really kind of out at this point. [name]Patricia[/name] will either be first name or middle, but baby girl will go by ‘[name]Dahlia[/name]’ always. Any suggestions, or even names similar to [name]Dahlia[/name] that go with [name]Patricia[/name], are greatly appreciated!

I was going to suggest [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patrice[/name]. But if you aren’t keen…
Other [name]Patricia[/name] names -
[name]Patsy[/name] - [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patsy[/name] could work?
Patrina

[name]How[/name] about Dahl instead of [name]Dahlia[/name]?? A bit far out I know but the [name]Dahlia[/name] was named after a guy called [name]Anders[/name] Dahl.
[name]Patricia[/name] Dahl is nice - you could then call her [name]Dahlia[/name]??

Are you looking to find another name now instead of [name]Dahlia[/name]? Or is the [name]Patricia[/name] part more flexible?

Personally I like [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patrice[/name] - the flow is good.
Best of luck!

I think a really pretty name similar to [name]Patricia[/name] is [name]Patia[/name] (pah-TEE-uh). [name]Patience[/name] is another one. [name]Pasha[/name] is a Greek name meaning “of the ocean”, and [name]Palasha[/name] is Russian for “open sea”. Cute, huh?

[name]Dahlia[/name] could be [name]Delia[/name], [name]Delilah[/name]/[name]Dalila[/name], [name]Della[/name], Delianna or [name]Delphine[/name]. Other names that I think go well with [name]Patricia[/name] are [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Suzanne[/name], [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] I helped!

Wish I’d thought of [name]Patia[/name] :stuck_out_tongue: That would be a great [name]Dahlia[/name] alternate.

[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patience[/name] is also great!

[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patrice[/name] does have a nice sound, and that’s probably my favorite of the [name]Patricia[/name] variations. If you don’t like it, however, there’s also [name]Patia[/name] (same “a” ending, though) and nickname version [name]Patti[/name] - not my favorite, as I don’t really care for nicknames as full names, but [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patti[/name] flows okay.

Names comparable to [name]Dahlia[/name] for me (in various ways) that avoid the “a” ending - [name]Aster[/name], [name]Dagny[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Danielle[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Laurel[/name], [name]Sabine[/name], [name]Summer[/name], [name]Violet[/name]?

Edit: I see someone thought of [name]Patia[/name] before me! Wish I’d thought of [name]Patience[/name] too, that could work well.

I think [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patricia[/name] is totally fine. The repetition doesn’t bother me. And [name]Patricia[/name] is the prettiest variation I think.

[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Trish[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patty[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Pat[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] Patrician - noun: Member of the privilege or noble class in ancient [name]Rome[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patria[/name] - repetitive “a”
[name]Dahlia[/name] Patricka - repetitive “a”
[name]Dahlia[/name] Patrina - repetitive “a”
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patton[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] Padraigin - Irish variant pronounced “PAW-drig-een”

What about [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]?

I would hold with tradition, name her [name]Patricia[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name] and call her [name]Dahlia[/name] :slight_smile: The repetition isn’t too much at all, it sounds fine.

I actually really like [name]Patricia[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name]/[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patricia[/name]. I don’t think it sounds overly repetitive at all. Not sure about [name]Patrick[/name] as an alternative,it’s not the male form of [name]Patricia[/name] for starters. And is incredibly masculine!
My Grandmother is called [name]Patricia[/name] and was called [name]Patsy[/name] when she was young.

My aunt’s given name is [name]Patricia[/name] & I’ve always known her as aunt [name]Pat[/name]. My kids know her as aunt [name]Patty[/name].

More alternatives are: Patrisse, Patryce, Patreice, [name]Paten[/name], Patra, [name]Patrea[/name], Patresa, [name]Patria[/name], Patrissa, and Patriceia. I really like [name]Patrea[/name] and Patresa. You could also use an “i” with either to make them [name]Patria[/name] or Patrisa.

Thanks so much for all the responses. [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patrice[/name] is really starting to grow on me, now that I’ve heard other people say they like it too. I like [name]Dahlia[/name] Pádraigín because of my family’s Celtic roots, I’m sure that’s what the name started as in my family. I also like the variation Patresa or [name]Patria[/name]. It seems the “S” is Patresa softens the repetitive “a” sound. I’ll see what DH thinks and go from there! Again thank you all, what a lovely community this is. :slight_smile:

I vote for [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Patricia[/name]. I see what you are saying, but I think it sounds good and usually when you see or think of the first and middle, you are also going to be hearing your surname at the end. As long as that doesn’t also end in the -ah sound!