Help me solve this riddle my friend has given me to guess her baby's name!

My friend is having a baby girl. She said the name is a reference to shakespeare but not a name from one of his plays.

I have already ruled out [name]Sonnet[/name], and [name]Tempest[/name].

Any ideas?

[name]Avon[/name]? Like Stratford-on-[name]Avon[/name]? Or maybe [name]Avalon[/name] since it contains [name]Avon[/name]? Anne, like his wife?

Hathaway was the surname of [name]Shakespeare[/name]'s wife [name]Anne[/name]. [name]Mary[/name] [name]Arden[/name] was his mother’s name. Hathaway or [name]Arden[/name] maybe?

[name]Shakespeare[/name] used some of the best names, especially for the ladies, but not one of the characters…Perhaps a place name? Illyria, [name]Bohemia[/name], Elsinore, [name]Arden[/name]…

Or [name]Elizabeth[/name], as in Elizabethan theatre? A bit obvious and not directly [name]Shakespeare[/name] though (although she did get mentioned in one of his plays).

His two daughters with [name]Anne[/name] Hathaway were [name]Susanna[/name] and [name]Judith[/name]. He also wrote poems…[name]Venus[/name] and Lucrece are names from his poems… Some other places in his plays that could work as names:

Sicilia
Florence
Verona
Vienna
Milan
Elsinore
London
Paris

[name]Baby[/name] was born today…[name]Arden[/name] [name]Grey[/name]!

Congratulations!!! :slight_smile:

[name]Maddie[/name] & Family

[name]Arden[/name] [name]Grey[/name] is lovely! Congratulations to your friend!