Help me with my daughter's name!

My husband and I are having trouble agreeing on names. We do know that the middle name we want for her will either be [name]James[/name] (#1) or [name]Jude[/name] (#2). That is set in stone (they are family names).

Since we were 18, we said we were going to name a girl [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]James[/name] and call her [name]Eli[/name]. He still loves this name, but I am feeling very meh about it, mostly because [name]Eli[/name] has become such a popular name for boys and [name]Elizabeth[/name] (while beautiful and classic) somehow doesn’t feel like MY daughter. I also don’t really like [name]Elise[/name] or [name]Eliza[/name], or other nicknames for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. My cousin also named his daughter [name]Elizabeth[/name] a few years ago, though for different reasons.
Here are some of our other options:

[name]Isla[/name] [name]James[/name] (which I [name]LOVE[/name] but am afraid it’s going to get too popular and H doesn’t like it all that much)

[name]Ivory[/name] [name]James[/name] (H’s favorite)

[name]Janina[/name] [name]Jude[/name] (My favorite… [name]Janina[/name] is my mother’s name. It’s pronounced Jah-neena, but H thinks everyone will call her Jah-nine-ah Vagina, haha… my mom never had this problem)

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]James[/name] (neither of us LOVES this but we’re both okay with it)

[name]Anna[/name] [name]Janina[/name] [name]James[/name] ([name]Anna[/name] is pretty consistently popular, but I think it’s very classic)

I love older names, but I have a hard time convincing H of how pretty they are. He is definitely more of a plain name kind of guy and tends to go more unisex which I would try to avoid with a middle like [name]James[/name]/[name]Jude[/name]. I’d appreciate your suggestions!

If my son had been a girl my first choice name for her was [name]Anna[/name] [name]James[/name]. ([name]Anna[/name] because I think it’s beautiful and classic, and [name]James[/name] after my dad). That would have be my first choice for you, but i actually think [name]Anna[/name] [name]Janina[/name] [name]James[/name] is even more beautiful and a great way to honor your mother.

Thanks! I worried about the two middle name thing. I have two now that I’m married (second is maiden name) and I never know what to fill in those boxes. I don’t want James to be an afterthought!

With [name]James[/name] and [name]Jude[/name], I like [name]Anna[/name] :slight_smile: I like [name]Ivory[/name] too.

[name]Don[/name]'t worry about two middle names. I have two middle names, and I almost always make sure to include both where I can. I’m proud of it. That being said, I still think that [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Janina[/name] don’t go together as well as they could, simply because they share a final syllable. It will sound just a bit off, if you know what I mean. (Also, I don’t think she’d have problems with [name]Janina[/name] being mispronounced… it makes sense to pronounce it “jah-neen-ah”.)

If you like old-fashioned names, what about [name]Martha[/name]? It’s a nice one that’s really gone out of “style” lately, and sounds good with young girls. Another one of my personal favourites is [name]Adelaide[/name] or [name]Adelina[/name]/[name]Adeline[/name].

Maybe my first post was confusing… I meant that [name]James[/name] was our #1 choice for middle name, but [name]Jude[/name] would replace it if [name]James[/name] just did not go with the first name.

My sister already called dibs on [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Lyric[/name]! Very pretty name though.

I’m not usually a fan of traditional girl’s name or of boy names on girls, but [name]Anna[/name] [name]James[/name] is stunning. [name]Lovely[/name], and I can’t find a thing wrong with it . . .