help me with the names for my sweet daughter

Good evening,

I have chosen name - Elija [name]Meta[/name] for my little girl. I am in love in name [name]Emilia[/name], but we have older brother ” [name]Emil[/name]. What do you think about this name, Elija [name]Meta[/name]?
We are Lithuanian and pronunciation is a little bit different than in English language. Elija in Lithuanian sounds the same as [name]Elia[/name]. [name]Meta[/name] is the same in English and Lithuanian
So in English the name would be [name]Elia[/name] [name]Meta[/name].
What do you think about this name?
Other alternatives were ” [name]Emma[/name] [name]Meta[/name], [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Meta[/name]
Only one thing that some people say, that [name]Elia[/name] in English spoken countries is male name. Is it true? Please help me. I love my daughter and I don”t want misunderstanding in other countries for my girl when she will go abroad.

I would be very thankful for you all

Elija short form in lithuanian sound like ellie, ella

Waiting for your help, thanks a lot

I think [name]Elia[/name] is a beautiful name, and does not sound like a boy’s name at all!

i think Elija is definitely the best choice because both [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name] sound to close to [name]Emil[/name].

I know what those people are talking about with the sounding like a boys name thing- there is a boys name [name]Elijah[/name] that sounds like EE-[name]LY[/name]-JUH, not [name]Elia[/name], so that’s the confusing part. But if you correct the pronounciation, all will be well!

cute name :smiley: x

thanks a lot, i was very confused:) and you helped me a lot, because i love name elija (pro.- elia, in our country all names with ending -ija sounds - ia, for example amelija is the same as amelia), but we are travelling a lot and was not sure about siblings to name elijah.

I love that name! It is so beautiful. Totally feminine to me, as well. In my opinion, it is the clear winner among all the names you are considering. Elija [name]Meta[/name] is gorgeous!

[name]Love[/name] it!