Help me

Dunno if I’m having a boy or girl yet but we have a girl name already and are struggling with a boy name.

My husband loves the name “[name_u]Cal[/name_u]” and I like [name_u]Cal[/name_u] but only as a nickname. I LOVE the name [name_u]Callum[/name_u] but he says he doesn’t like it… so can someone please help me convince Hubs that [name_u]Callum[/name_u] is a great name??? He says the reason he doesn’t like it is he thinks it sounds like “calcium” lol

3 Likes

Callum is lovely!! It’s meaning of ‘dove’ is so sweet and gentle yet the name itself still feels strong and wholesome. It’s pretty popular here in the UK but not so much in the US. So it’s familiar but not overly popular which is always good in my opinion.

if you can’t get him to love [name_u]Callum[/name_u] how about:
[name_m]Colm[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u]
[name_u]Calin[/name_u]
[name_u]Calen[/name_u]

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Callahan[/name_u] with nickname [name_u]Cal[/name_u]. Also, [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] & [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] are handsome!

1 Like

Such a cheeky, cute Irish name! Very spirited sounding. If he doesn’t like [name_u]Callum[/name_u], how about [name_m]Calvin[/name_m]? I do adore [name_u]Callum[/name_u], but it is unexpected for those out of the U.K. :uk:

1 Like

He does really like [name_u]Callahan[/name_u]

3 Likes

I kind of agree with your husband. I think [name_u]Callum[/name_u] isn’t pleasant sounding. Im not sure why, I just don’t like the sound of it. I prefer [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] but obviously the nn is [name_u]Cam[/name_u] and not [name_u]Cal[/name_u].
Like the suggestion of [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]

Callum is a great name with a great meaning! I feel like it’s a good way of you both getting the name you want

I love [name_u]Callum[/name_u]! Maybe he’d go for [name_u]Callen[/name_u] instead?

I love [name_u]Callum[/name_u]!
Maybe [name_u]Callan[/name_u]?

Or other C names :

Connor
[name_m]Colin[/name_m]
[name_u]Cooper[/name_u]

Hi there.

I love [name_u]Cal[/name_u], & [name_u]Callum[/name_u] is my favorite [name_u]Cal[/name_u] name too. The ‘calcium’ thing is totally something that my dh would say too! :joy: I don’t really know how to convince him to love it, but what about [name_m]Charles[/name_m] nn [name_u]Cal[/name_u]?

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Calvin
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_u]Callahan[/name_u]
[name_u]Calder[/name_u]

May be a stretch:
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Cillian[/name_m]
[name_u]Cade[/name_u]

Cal is on our short list for a boy. [name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_u]Cal[/name_u].
I’m with your hubster on this one.
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] really doesn’t appeal to me. Feels…anatomical? Like, I need to go see the urologist because I’ve got a swollen callum. Or a dental callum that got infected, etc.

Calvin sounds muuuch better IMO.
Or [name_u]Callahan[/name_u].

1 Like

I like [name_u]Callum[/name_u]. But what about [name_u]Callan[/name_u], [name_m]Calvin[/name_m], [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] or [name_u]Callahan[/name_u]

Just want to suggest [name_u]Calloway[/name_u] as another possible alternative!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I don’t think [name_u]Callum[/name_u] is gonna happen… and unfortunately I really don’t like the meaning behind [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] even though I like the sound of it. Meaning is important to me.

Callahan reminds me of an creepy character with that name in a movie I saw. [name_u]Calloway[/name_u] is my preferred of the other [name_u]Cal[/name_u] names but I don’t really get excited about it. [name_u]Callen[/name_u] sounds a lot like my cousin’s name. [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] is already another baby in my extended family. So…probably just need to find a different sounding name to love! Unless we just go with “[name_u]Cal[/name_u]” on it’s own, which is still possible. Thanks again for all the ideas, love these forums so much!

I like [name_u]Callahan[/name_u] a lot! [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] is also a nice choice.

I like [name_u]Callum[/name_u], but sadly I have someone in my family with this name already, which is sad because I love [name_u]Cal[/name_u] as a nickname.

Other name ideas:
[name_u]Callahan[/name_u]
[name_u]Calloway[/name_u]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] (may be a stretch?)

Alternatively, if you like the sound of [name_u]Cal[/name_u], maybe you could use the name [name_m]Henry[/name_m] or [name_m]Harold[/name_m] with the nickname [name_m]Hal[/name_m]?

My vote is [name_m]Calvin[/name_m], but here are some others not mentioned yet!

Caldwell
[name_m]Calhoun[/name_m] / [name_m]Callhoun[/name_m]
Callis / Callyx / Callys / Callice
[name_m]Calbert[/name_m]

Callahan makes me think of Legally Blonde. I was trying so hard to remember! Not a bad name :slight_smile: