Help - Middle name for Viola starting with a vowel

This is my first post - I am expecting a little girl in [name]November[/name] - we are pretty set on first name of [name]Viola[/name]. Please advise on middle name that starts with a vowel and that would flow well with the last names - so Viola_______Rocha Torok. Her big brother’s name is [name]Felix[/name] [name]Octavio[/name] Rocha Torok. We have a mixed heritage (Portuguese, [name]German[/name] and Filipino) so we’d like a fairly international name. I have some options(below), but would appreciate your thoughts/other suggestions. Thanks!!!

[name]Viola[/name] [name]Elena[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Elise/name
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Ines[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Oriana[/name]

[name]Viola[/name] [name]Elena[/name] is lovely! [name]Just[/name] gorgeous!
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Elisa[/name] I prefer slightly to [name]Elise[/name]…I think -a names tend to translate better between cultures and [name]Elisa[/name] is a little fresher than [name]Elise[/name]. I prefer the flow of the first two on your list to [name]Ines[/name] or [name]Oriana[/name].

[name]Viola[/name] [name]Irena[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Amara[/name] (-a A- isnt ideal, but it really doesnt bother me too much, I adore [name]Amara[/name] for its meaning and for how well it travels)
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Ada[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Ilena[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Uma[/name]

I like [name]Viola[/name] [name]Elise[/name]

[name]Viola[/name] [name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Ivonne[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Odette[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Odelle[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Alys[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Isaura[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Octavia[/name]

[name]Viola[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Elle[/name] (my favorite)
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]

I absolutely adore [name]Viola[/name]! I think [name]Viola[/name] [name]Elena[/name] would be stunning. As would [name]Viola[/name] [name]Oriana[/name], although it is a bit heavy on the vowel sounds.

WHat about:

[name]Viola[/name] [name]Emelina[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Anabel[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] (I know it was suggested–I just had to echo it! I really love it.)

[name]Viola[/name] [name]Isabel[/name], [name]Viola[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Viola[/name] [name]Iris[/name], and [name]Viola[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] are my favorites.

Good luck!

My favorites are [name]Viola[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Viola[/name] [name]Elise[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are beautiful!

I tend not to like middle names that start with the same letter as the fn ends with, so for me anything with an ‘a’ is out. Plus, I tend to prefer that fn & mn end differently, so anything that starts with ‘a’ is something I’d avoid, but that’s just me, so here are the suggestions that fit my idiosyncrasies, sorry for repeats!

[name]Viola[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Esme[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Isis[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Odette[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Opal[/name] (might be too noun-y though)
[name]Viola[/name] Onnalee
[name]Viola[/name] Yasmine
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Yvette[/name]

Wow - thanks for the feedback and suggestions! In consultation with hubby, I think we have narrowed it down to:

[name]Viola[/name] [name]Elisa[/name] Rocha Torok
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] Rocha Torok
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] Rocha Torok
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Isaura[/name] Rocha Torok

I think we are leaning toward the “e” names but [name]Isaura[/name] snuck in there because of a family connection - we’re not yet committed to it though.

Go Filipino Pride! :slight_smile:

My Faves Are:

1. [name]Viola[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]-[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]!
  2. [name]Viola[/name] [name]Elise[/name]-I like [name]Elise[/name] better than [name]Elisa[/name] because it avoids double ‘a’ endings
  3. [name]Viola[/name] Isura-not sure about the double ‘a’ endings, but I like the family connection