HELP! My daughter is 2 weeks old and needs a middle name!

This is kind of a loaded topic, but we need help! My daughter needs a middle name. We named her [name]Ingrid[/name], and are searching for a good middle name. With [name]Ingrid[/name] being such a strong name, I would like to find a middle name that is delicate, pretty and feminine…but it needs to “go” with [name]Ingrid[/name], too. I also would like it to be more common, since [name]Ingrid[/name] is somewhat uncommon.
So far, our list is:
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Leila[/name] (pronounced like [name]Layla[/name])

Please share your thoughts on these, as well as any suggestions!

Our last name starts with ‘B’ and is two syllables.

Thanks!

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name] or [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] are great combos you can’t go wrong with either.

I think that I would choose [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name] it has a beautiful sound and feel to it.

I wouldn’t change [name]Ingrid[/name] it is a lovely name and certain not to become too popular which is what nameberries try to avoid.

all the best.

rollo

Of your list I like [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] the best, but combining with some of the other names you’d considered could yield [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Mara[/name] or [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Halle[/name]. I actually like the flow of these two quite a lot. I don’t think you should change her name, [name]Ingrid[/name] is quite nice and you must have had a good reason for selecting it. All the best!!

I love [name]Ingrid[/name]. I know one [name]Ingrid[/name] and she is an amazing, beautiful, and intelligent person, but I can’t imagine someone having that name and not being a strong and lovely person. i like [name]Ingrid[/name] better than the other first names you considered. I really like [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Leila[/name] from you list. I think it’s a very nice combination. I also like [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Aleah[/name]. I wouldn’t use a nickname - I think [name]Ingrid[/name] is easy enough to say and I tend to prefer to use real names anyway. However, you could use [name]Indy[/name] perhaps.

[name]Ingrid[/name] is wonderful, and both [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name] are just heart-stoppingly stunning - you can’t go wrong with either, in my opinion.

[name]Elsa[/name] is a favourite of mine, too. I don’t think you should change from [name]Ingrid[/name] at all, but [name]Elsa[/name] would be a great name for little [name]Ingrid[/name]'s sister if you plan on having more children. Ooh, [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] … perfection! But I’m getting carried away :smiley:

[name]Auburn[/name]

I adore [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]! What about:

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Helena[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name]! [name]Julia[/name] goes well with [name]Ingrid[/name] and adds just the right touch of brightness and femininity! It would be perfect. (As an alternative, I do like Irisrose’s suggestion of [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] too.)

I like [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name] a lot; I think that would probably be my top choice. But I like [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Halle[/name] as well. I think it would be satisfying if you went with one of your other top choices as a middle name. Maybe it would get rid of that feeling of doubt.

[name]Ingrid[/name] is a wonderful choice. I like [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name] for the full name.

I really like the name [name]Ingrid[/name].

Some mn:
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Liselotte[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Amalia[/name]- This is my favorite
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Annora[/name]- I love this one too

I love [name]Ingrid[/name] it is different but still familiar. I think most parents have a little bit of naming confusion for a couple of weeks after baby is born. Its weird having this bean in your tummy then calling her something. I like [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Juliette[/name].

My favorite is [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name] - that’s a perfect combination! I wouldn’t choose to change her name, personally, as it is an unexpected and unique choice that is both strong and feminine. If you do change it, my favorite is [name]Elsa[/name] - I love that one! [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] would be nice, or maybe [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]?

As for nicknames, you could try [name]Ina[/name] or [name]Gertie[/name]?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thank you for all of your replies…we sincerely appreciate it!

I think the name [name]Ingrid[/name] will stick, I think if I changed it I would always regret it. Our favorite right now is [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name], so I am thrilled that it got such great feedback.

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name] is such a beautiful unusual choice - I’d def stick with it! [name]Val[/name] x

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Julia[/name] would be a great choice :slight_smile: go for it !