Help! My husband just poo pooed my boy name

I am in love with the name [name]River[/name] but my husband just informed me this morning that he isn’t really into the name. I am very disappointed by this news because nothing sounds as cool to me as [name]River[/name].

He thinks it is to matchy matchy with our older son’s name which is [name]Gustav[/name] “[name]Ryder[/name].”

I love nature names. I love names that are very unique. There is no particular sound it needs to begin with but it cannot end in “er.”

We are going to use a family name as a middle name and so far, the best ones are:

[name]Yeardley[/name]
[name]Montagu[/name]
Somerset
Lackland
[name]Eastman[/name]
[name]East[/name]
[name]Chaucer[/name]

I sure hope you can help! We are all set on our girl choice which is:
[name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name] [name]Michel[/name]”t

[name]Yeardley[/name] (named for Sir [name]George[/name] [name]Yeardley[/name] - the first govenor of [name]Virginia[/name] and my son’s 16th great grandfather)
[name]Montagu[/name] ([name]Royal[/name] family of Great [name]Britain[/name] - direct descendant of several)
Somerset (place where the Montagus lived 0n GB)
Lackland ([name]King[/name] of [name]England[/name] - father to [name]Henry[/name] III - 29th great grandfather)
[name]Eastman[/name] or [name]East[/name] (US representative to New Hampshire 1825-1827 - 8th great grandfather - his father founded [name]Concord[/name], MASS)
[name]Chaucer[/name] (wrote Cantebury Tales - 17th great grandfather)

[name]Rio[/name] is the spanish word for [name]River[/name] and sounds equally as cool.

I think [name]East[/name] would be a wonderful firstname! all of your family names that you are considering for middlenames are wonderful. I think you should consider them as firstnames. But it sounds like you would like a more modern first name!

[name]Raleigh[/name]
[name]Ranger[/name]
[name]Ransom[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Odin[/name]
[name]Talon[/name]
[name]Baron[/name]
[name]Fenton[/name]
[name]Pace[/name]
[name]Paxton[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Weaver[/name]
[name]Jaron[/name]

I know some of these names might be a bit ‘out there’ but i think they are definitely usable!
Good luck! sorry if my list is useless…

i thought of one more that might fit well!: [name]Emerson[/name]

once again- Good luck!

[name]Finch[/name] [name]Montagu[/name]
[name]Ash[/name] [name]Montagu[/name]
[name]Linden[/name] [name]Chaucer[/name]
[name]Branch[/name] [name]Yeardley[/name]
[name]Ocean[/name] Lackland
[name]Drake[/name] Somerset
[name]Sequoia[/name] [name]East[/name]
[name]Vaughan[/name] Somerset
[name]Saxon[/name] [name]Montagu[/name]
[name]Yarrow[/name] [name]East[/name]
[name]Sage[/name] [name]Montagu[/name]
[name]Wolf[/name] [name]Chaucer[/name]
[name]Birch[/name] [name]Yeardley[/name]
[name]Banyan[/name] [name]East[/name]
[name]Forest[/name] [name]Montagu[/name]

[name]How[/name] about [name]Wolfgang[/name]? A REALLY cool name, great people named it (ie. [name]Mozart[/name]), nickname could be Wolfie (adorable) and fits in with the nature theme you like (ie [name]Wolf[/name]). It fits amazingly with any of the middle names you have in mind, as well [name]Ryder[/name] and Wolfie sounds so great! I do however, also like the idea of using any of those middle names you have as a first name. They sound so regal yet modern at the same time (except for maybe Somerset, as “[name]Summer[/name]” or “[name]Sommer[/name]” sounds feminine).

Those are all excellent suggestions! I especially like Banyon, [name]Saxon[/name] and [name]Ranger[/name] is too cool (but maybe to matchy with [name]Ryder[/name]?)

Keep 'em coming! You guys are definitely getting my taste.

[name]How[/name] about:

[name]Major[/name]
[name]Birch[/name]
[name]Leland[/name]
[name]Rio[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Easton[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Reeve[/name]