HELP!!! My Husband like this name, I am not sure. HELP

My husband just told me he wants to name a baby girl Loraline [name]Alexis[/name] and not [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]. Which one should I pick??? I love [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]!!!

Loraline [name]Alexis[/name] (my name is [name]Lori[/name] and his is [name]Alex[/name] that is where he got the name from)

or

[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]

Have you considered [name]Loralei[/name]/[name]Lorelei[/name]? That is such a great name! I can’t say that I am a huge fan of Loraline, though. Of course [name]Loralei[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] doesn’t have the best flow, but I still love the name [name]Lorelei[/name]/[name]Loralei[/name]. Between Loraline and [name]Emmeline[/name], I would vote for [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]. But I like [name]Lorelei[/name] more than [name]Emmeline[/name] :smiley:

Well, (and i may be wrong) I dont think Loraline is actually a name. I didnt check so i cant say for sure, but it has a very strange mash up sound to it. Like it sounds like it could be [name]Lorelai[/name] but its not. So for that reason i like [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] better. But if you were to chose [name]Lorelai[/name] (which doesnt sound great with [name]Alexis[/name], not bad, but not great) and use [name]Lorelai[/name] [name]Noelle[/name], or [name]Lorelai[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] i would say [name]Lorelai[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] because [name]Lorelai[/name] is deffinatly less common then [name]Emmeline[/name] and its many variations. But if you love [name]Emmeline[/name] then you love [name]Emmeline[/name] and thats her name :slight_smile: Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I MUCH prefer [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]. [name]Emmeline[/name] is so lovely and feminine with great nickname potential and [name]Noelle[/name] is underused, in my opinion. It’s a really great combo with good flow… I am a fan of your pick!
While I think it’s really sweet that your husband wants to name a daughter after you, and namesakes do trump most naming issues, I must admit that I don’t care for Loraline [name]Alexis[/name]. I don’t think Loraline is an established name (at least it sounds made up) so it really lacks substance for me. The [name]Alex[/name] names are kinda overdone, in my opinion, but, again, namesakes trump that - and I do have a weakness for little girls named after their fathers :slight_smile:
If you feel like you’d rather go with a name your husband suggests, maybe we can use Loraline [name]Alexis[/name] as a jumping-off point? I like the suggestion of [name]Lorelei[/name], but keep in mind her nickname may easily become [name]Lori[/name] (both [name]Lorelei[/name]'s I know are called [name]Lori[/name], even though one of their mothers pushed for Leilie - like Lye-lee - which is pretty cute, but never stuck).
[name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] sounds very nice… But I still prefer [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] :slight_smile:

I think a Loraline would constantly be confused with [name]Lorelei[/name], so I think you should change it to [name]Lorelei[/name]. As far as [name]Emmeline[/name] versus [name]Lorelei[/name], I don’t have much of an opinion. They’re both perfectly great names, but I’m not crazy about either.

Definitely [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]! But how about if you compromise and go with [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Alexis[/name]?

Very sensible suggestion with [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Alexis[/name], and why do I think he just might go for it? There are so many arguments against “junior” names, even when they’re for girls, that I’d advise against Loraline aside from the merits of the name itself. And if YOU don’t want a [name]Lori[/name] [name]Jr[/name]., well, it’s hard for me to see how your husband could push forward on that.

I agree, [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] is so beautiful! If not though, I would definitely stick with [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]. Loraline does not work for me.