Help! Name Combo Advice

Hveeusband and I are leaning towards naming our next baby (that’s due any day - ah!) but today I started having second thoughts…

Wondering what you all think of the combo? Is it strange that one name is very Irish and the other Scottish? Also, we do not have a strong Celtic heritage so would a different middle name be better suited?

Our back up is Sienna Maeve. Curious what vibe Sienna gives you? I am worried it’s a bit 90s and not as classy and timeless as Maeve. I’ve heard people say the name Sienna gives off mean girl and or/trashy vibes :frowning:

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I personally like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] better than [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]. [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] doesn’t give my trashy vibes but it doesn’t feel very warm to me? I’m not really sure how to decribe it. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] seems to be getting popular enough that I don’t think its weird to use if you aren’t Scottish and the fact that [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is [name_m]Irish[/name_m] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] Scottish didn’t occur to me until you pointed it out.

2 Likes

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is gorgeous!!

I like them both together - and since [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] ranks in the top 100 in the UK, [name_f]Scotland[/name_f], [name_f]Ireland[/name_f], Australia and the Netherlands (and at #104 in the US) and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] ranks in the top 10 across many countries, they feel fine.

For some similar suggestions:

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Ruby[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] is warm, lovely and stylish. It doesn’t give me 90s vibes as it only shot up in the charts in the 2000s. [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is beautiful!

3 Likes

Both are great. Neither [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] nor [name_f]Isla[/name_f] are too strongly tied to their origins for you to use and they sound nice and cohesive together.

[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] feels really warm and cheery to me, not mean girl at all. It actually didn’t peak until 2007 and even then it wasn’t insanely popular at the time (#169). It would feel fresher than meeting a little [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] or [name_f]Sophia[/name_f].

if you’re not 100% sure, would you consider switching anything around? Maybe you’d like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] or [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you so much! I may be overthinking the whole [name_m]Irish[/name_m] and Scottish combination.

1 Like

I love both and I’m sure seeing her soon should settle things for you. Good luck!

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] sounds beautiful! I didn’t even think of the Scottish/Irish origin. The names are popular enough that most people probably won’t even notice. If you like it, go for it!

1 Like

If you went with Sienna this time around I would suggest going with a different middle name than Maeve. Because if you love Maeve and want to use it in the future then you can’t (I mean you could have a Sienna Maeve and a Maeve Isla and have them share that name for the connection but I personally prefer using different names)

That being said I think both Sienna and Maeve are beautiful, usable and neither have any negative connotations to me

I say use Maeve Isla, it’s beautiful, soft and a very light and airy name

If you want to use Sienna instead I’d say go with a different middle name like

Sienna Lily
Sienna Rose
Sienna Ivy
Sienna Sage
Sienna June
Sienna Rae
Sienna Jade
Sienna Sadie
Sienna Grace

maeve isla has a lovely flow in my opinion, and sienna maeve is lovely as well. i’m sad to hear that people think sienna is a trashy/mean girl name! i think it’s ever so sweet, sporty and spunky. :person_cartwheeling:

1 Like

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is lovely, I wouldn’t worry about the lack of Celtic heritage as I think the name’s general popularity has transcended that. I’m not personally keen on [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] tbh.