Help name Evie- due in 10 days!

[name]Hi[/name] again, everyone. So my husband convinced me we need a meaningful mn for our 2nd daughter. Here are possible options and why the mn has meaning:

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lola[/name] ([name]Lola[/name] is his grandmother)
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Bryson[/name] (his niece’s name and a family name for him)
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Antonia[/name] (my brother is [name]Anthony[/name])
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] ([name]Jacqueline[/name] is his mom)
[name]Eva[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] (sounds better with [name]Eva[/name] than [name]Evangeline[/name]…)

Originally we had decided on [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name] because it flows so well, but [name]Claire[/name] has no meaning for us…

Any comments/suggestions/feedback would be appreciated. We are running out of time and I really want this baby girl to leave the hospital with a name!

Here are my first impressions as I read through your name suggestions:

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lola[/name] - I think both names are lovely, but together, they remind me of the actress [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lilly[/name] and I don’t think that’s what you’re going for.

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Bryson[/name] - I’m really not a fan of surnames as fn or mn unless you’re using the mother’s maiden name and that it is of significant importance to her that she continue it as a family name, but that’s just my opinion.

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Antonia[/name] - I do see these as a workable option, but I’m just not loving it. Maybe it’s because I see [name]Evangeline[/name] as a strongly english name and [name]Antonia[/name] as a strongly spanish name, It’ doesn’t really flow for me.

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] - As discussed on your previous thread, both beautiful names, but too long and too sing-songy to use together.

[name]Eva[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] - This is beautiful. My only hesitation is that you loved [name]Evangeline[/name] first and I really think that you should keep your original choice. I think that it’s most important that you use the name you love because it’s your child and you will be saying their name every day for years to come.

If it were me and I loved [name]Evangeline[/name] and wanted to use [name]Jacqueline[/name] as well, I would look for a variant of [name]Jacqueline[/name] to use as a middle name that would flow nicely with [name]Evangeline[/name]. That way you could keep the name you love as a first and still honor your m-i-l with the middle.
With that in mind, my pick would be:

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Jacqui[/name] ([name]Jacqui[/name], (pron. jak-ee) is the british short form of [name]Jacqueline[/name])

I hope this helped. I am not trying to be mean or rude, I just wanted to give you my honest opinion, so you may do with it what you will. As long as you’re happy with your choice, that’s all that matters.
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I love the name [name]Evangeline[/name], and I think you do too!! I would stick with that name if your heart is set on it…[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is just lovely but I can understand the desire to have the mn have meaning…what about…

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lourdes[/name] (variant of [name]Lola[/name])
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name] ([name]Antonia[/name]) to me it sounds more feminine…

Good luck!

[name]Kelly[/name]

I like [name]Eva[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lola[/name].

[name]Evangeline[/name] is a beautiful name.
I love [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lola[/name]. I also think the suggestion of [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Antoinette[/name] is gorgeous…good luck…let us know what you decide (:

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate all of your suggestions :slight_smile: I’m going to try to stop thinking about names so much until this little girl arrives. It’s driving me crazy! And hopefully when I see her, her name will become obvious!

I like [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Claire[/name], and it does have meaning to you if thats the name you chose, so go with it!

I love, love, love [name]Eva[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name].

What about [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Jacquelyn[/name]? Same prn, but it doesn’t look so similar anymore. Otherwise, I love [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lola[/name] and I would go with that or [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]. Throw [name]Eva[/name] out the window.

Thanks again! It’s looking like [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lola[/name] may be the one… although I’m sure we’ll change our minds a few more times :slight_smile: