Help! Name for brother of Levi Jack and Leo Jett

Hello,
I am due in 4 weeks and I am starting to become :eek: about finding a name for our baby boy. We are Jewish and would like a meaningful Jewish first name. So far we only have [name]Jude[/name] as a middle name. In addition to this, the first name should be able to be pronounced in Spanish as my mother only speaks Spanish.
We don’t have any ideas…
Thanks,
[name]Claudia[/name]

My only thought is [name]Luke[/name]. Or [name]Lucas[/name], possibly. I think [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Jude[/name] sounds lovely. Good luck!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Levi[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]'s names!
Some of these aren’t Jewish but might give you some ideas:
[name]Luca[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Landon[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Liam[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Lawson[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Leland[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Leroy[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Jude[/name]

I also love [name]Jude[/name] btw!

Assuming that you want to keep the L.J. theme:

Leif Jude, Luca Jude, Lemuel Jude nm Lem, Lucian Jude, Lazarus/Lazaro, Lukas, Lysander, Lorcan

Otherwise:
Ari, Ezra, Rafael, Asa, Noah, Aleph, Eli, Jonah, Solomon, Micah, Cohen, Ezekiel “Zeke”, Jedediah, Saul, Samson, Shalom, Daniel, Gabriel, Shiloh

A name like Ari, because it goes very well with Levi, could allow you to subtely escape the “L” rut. Ari Jude is very cute, and Ari means “lion of god” so not only does it suit Levi, but Leo (lion) as well :slight_smile: Eli also works well in this respect but I worry that it rhymes too much with Levi, so perhaps Elijah, Elias (Greek variation of Elijah) or Elliot (English variant of Elijah) instead?

Jude in the meantime is absolute perfection! And just right as a monosyllabic “J” middle name :slight_smile:

I like [name]Luca[/name] the best with the siblings names.

Another vote for [name]Luca[/name] [name]Jude[/name]. [name]Luca[/name] is a two syllable “L” name that ends in a vowel like [name]Levi[/name] and [name]Leo[/name], and [name]Jude[/name] is a one syllable “J” name like [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Jett[/name]. You’ve sort of backed yourself into that pattern.

[name]Luca[/name] [name]Jude[/name] is my vote!

Wait, how did we settle on [name]Luca[/name] [name]Jude[/name] so quickly? And [name]Claudia[/name], [name]DO[/name] you want to stick with the LJ theme? Pretty difficult given your other requirements – meaningful Jewish name that translates to Spanish and isn’t [name]Leo[/name] or [name]Levi[/name]!

I am actually not crazy about [name]Luca[/name] [name]Jude[/name] – too many oo sounds. And while it qualifies on the Spanish front, I’m not so sure about the meaningful Jewish front.

I love [name]Lazarus[/name]/[name]Lazaro[/name], but as a New Testament name that may not feel right to you.

What about [name]Lazer[/name] or Laser, the Yiddish equivalent? It’s a little bit [name]Blaze[/name]/[name]Wilder[/name]/[name]Breaker[/name], but it’s undeniably cool and it has a deeper history than it first seems.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Louis[/name]? Not particularly Jewish but not particularly not, and translates into several cultures. Also distinct from your other sons’ names.

My last ideas are [name]Land[/name] or [name]Lander[/name], [name]Lennon[/name] or Lennoxagain not meaningful Jewish but not unJewish either.

More unusual Old Testament names are [name]Laban[/name] or [name]Lemuel[/name]. I love [name]Linus[/name] and [name]Lorcan[/name] and [name]Lachlan[/name] but those seem pretty distinctly outside both the Jewish and the Spanish cultures.

Ooh, I like the sound of [name]Louis[/name], [name]Lennox[/name] & Laser too!
[name]Laban[/name] might be tease-worthy for it’s similarity in sound to a certain part of female genitalia.

I don’t really like any of the available L names, at least not in terms of them being meaningful in a Jewish context. But i also think it would be totally ok at this point not to stick with the “theme”, there are lots of nice names that cross over from Jewish to Spanish very easily. What about

[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Emanuel[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Rafael[/name]
[name]Vidal[/name]

[name]Hi[/name],
[name]Even[/name] before my post I have been leaning towards [name]Lazer[/name] [name]Jude[/name]…I do not have any inclinations for [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Luke[/name], etc. However I also do like [name]Lucian[/name] but my husband feels it sounds very feminine. He wants Levitticus and I am absolutely opposed to it. I will keep pushing for [name]Lazer[/name].
Thank you,
[name]Claudia[/name]

[name]Lael[/name] [name]Jude[/name]?

I would spell it [name]Lazar[/name] (or better, [name]Lazaro[/name]! [name]Lazaro[/name] [name]Jude[/name] is very swish). [name]Lazer[/name] looks, and will be pronounced, like “laser.”