Help name male Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever puppy!

Hello! I have a 9 week old male Toller puppy (they look like small [name_u]Golden[/name_u] Retrievers but have triple the energy) and he is still nameless. Must be 1 or 2 syllables! Struggling to name both my unborn daughter and new pup! We have 2 girl dogs named [name_u]Raven[/name_u] and [name_f]Ursa[/name_f]. We have tossed around [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m], [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u], [name_u]Mars[/name_u], and Grizzly. Thoughts, ideas?

I like Shilow, but isn’t a bit girly?

What about [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_m]Fynn[/name_m], [name_m]Miles[/name_m]? [name_m]Just[/name_m] what comes to mind :wink:

I’m getting a Toller puppy too in a few months!

[name_f]Nova[/name_f] [name_f]Scotia[/name_f] Duck Tolling Retrievers are so freaking adorable! I really like connections, so I went with water-based ones.

[name_m]BECKETT[/name_m] m English (Modern)
From an English surname which could be derived from various sources, including from Middle English beke meaning “beak” or bekke meaning “stream, brook”.

I like the water and fowl meanings since he’s a water dog and ducks are part of the name.

[name_m]NEREUS[/name_m] m Greek Mythology, Ancient Greek, Biblical, Biblical Latin, Biblical Greek
Derived from Greek νη”ος (neros) meaning “water”. In Greek myth this was the name of a god of the sea, the father of the Nereids. It is mentioned briefly in the [name_m]New[/name_m] Testament, belonging to a [name_m]Christian[/name_m] in [name_m]Rome[/name_m]. This was also the name of a [name_m]Roman[/name_m] saint of the 1st century, a member of the army, who was martyred with his companion [name_m]Achilleus[/name_m] because they refused to execute Christians.

[name_m]MERLIN[/name_m] m Arthurian Romance, English
Form of the Welsh name Myrddin (meaning “sea fortress”) used by [name_m]Geoffrey[/name_m] of Monmouth in his 12th-century Arthurian tales.

[name_u]RIO[/name_u] (1) m Various
Means “river” in Spanish or Portuguese

I don’t know if this is helpful, but I really, really like Grizzly!:rolleyes: