Help name Margot's sister!

I would pair [name_f]Margot[/name_f] with

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - maybe the x would appeal to you more?
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]/[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]/[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
:slight_smile:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. It was what I immediately thought of when I read the title. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] could definitely go by [name_u]Lou[/name_u]/[name_f]Lu[/name_f] or even Lo or [name_u]Isa[/name_u] (ee-sah). Apparently [name_f]Lola[/name_f] is also a nickname for [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], though I’ve never understood that. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Lola[/name_f] is pretty dang cute too. I also really enjoy [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] with [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. These names capture the same spirit of [name_f]Margot[/name_f] for me.

[name_f]Margot[/name_f]…

From your choices I love [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] they are such gorgeous names.

Suggestions:
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Briar[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_f]Verona[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Verona[/name_f]
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] - [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Geneva[/name_f]

: )

Thanks for the additional feedback!!! I think we’re really leaning towards [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] (and it’s host of shorter nicknames). The name invokes a aura of spunkiness for me - thanks is part to the fictional children’s book character [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. I feel like the name [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and my daughter herself are both spunky, so they really seem to go together for us. Now we would have to figure out a middle name. One syllable would be best due to our longer last name, but possibly two (although I wouldn’t want her name to be too long). [name_f]Margot[/name_f]'s mn is [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] so a little more of a modern and common name choice versus her first name. Although I still love the name [name_u]Sloane[/name_u], I don’t think it flows all that well after [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] due to the z and s sounds together…[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]? Maybe [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]?

For what it is worth, I really like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] together. [name_u]Lou[/name_u] is one of my favourite nicknames. [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] would be a top contender for me if my husband was on board. I definitely agree that the [name_f]Elle[/name_f]’ and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] nicknames are very popular but [name_u]Lou[/name_u] is spirited and spunky just like [name_f]Margot[/name_f]!

You have great taste in names. I’m sure you won’t go wrong!

I have a [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and really wanted our second to be called [name_f]Margot[/name_f] but husband isn’t a fan :confused: I love [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] together! They perfectly compliment each other in style, length, and frilly-ness ie/ one girl isn’t [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and the other [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Theresa[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

So we found out yesterday that [name_f]Margot[/name_f] will be getting a little BROTHER (!!!) not sister in [name_f]April[/name_f], so now we have to find a boy name that works well with [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. Our top name at the moment is [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], but we’re open to suggestions as that name is getting fairly popular.

1 Like