Help name my twin girls!

We are expecting twin girls later this summer, and are really torn on names!

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] A will be [name_f]LILY[/name_f], that’s been the name my husband and I have agreed on and loved since we first started talking about kids. We had originally decided on [name_f]ISLA[/name_f] for [name_u]Baby[/name_u] B, but now are hesitating. I asked a FB group of local women and over half of the many replies said they hadn’t heard of the name and would have pronounced it “Ees-la” if they read it. That bummed out my husband, and he also thinks that [name_f]Isla[/name_f] kind of sounds like we reversed the syllables in [name_f]Lily[/name_f].

It’s not totally off the table though, but we have narrowed it down to:

[name_f]LILY[/name_f] AND [name_f]ISLA[/name_f]
[name_f]LILY[/name_f] AND [name_f]ELLA[/name_f] (also too many L sounds or doesn’t matter?)
[name_f]LILY[/name_f] AND [name_f]AVA[/name_f]
[name_f]LILY[/name_f] AND [name_f]CHARLOTTE[/name_f]

Would love your thoughts and opinions. We are so sure we’re going to be stuck for good!

I can’t believe people do t know how to prn [name_f]Isla[/name_f] yet. I like [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Ella[/name_f] is a great fit with [name_f]Lily[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f]! That is the prettiest combo imo, but [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] is also beautiful.

I really like [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f]!

I like [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] for SURE! If you introduce people to “[name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f]” they’ll know exactly how to pronounce it. I would say most people know how to pronounce it correctly. Congratulations on your precious additions! :slight_smile:

I love the name [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. It’s a classic and heavily meaningful name. I agree with your husband. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] does sound like too much like [name_f]Lily[/name_f], and so does [name_f]Ella[/name_f]. [name_f]Imagine[/name_f] you were trying to call them inside for dinner if they were playing, “[name_f]Ella[/name_f]… [name_f]Lily[/name_f]…!” Or, “[name_f]Lily[/name_f]… [name_f]Isla[/name_f]…!” Try it out loud, say their names in a row. There are too many 'L’s, yes. Like a song going, “la la lee la lai…”

Beyond that, though, [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is a name full of meaning. Very few popular names have such strong significance. [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] are about the only ones in the same class as [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. As she grows, she will be told about all the beautiful things her name signifies. Your other daughter isn’t going to get that with [name_f]Ella[/name_f] or [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] would be beautiful with [name_f]Lily[/name_f].

(With [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], that was the character on Sex and The City whose big storyline was that she couldn’t get pregnant. When she finally adopted a girl she named her [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. I think the Sex and The City association is pretty strong between [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f], just in case that would bother you.)

I love [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f]!! [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is a longtime favorite of mine. I feel like it’s an elegant nature name that matches wonderfully with [name_f]Lily[/name_f], and as a twinset, I adore it - they both have 4 letters and share the “L” sound is the 2nd syllable but that’s it.

Definitely love [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] the most.

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] & [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] !

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] is a well established name at this time so I wouldn’t be too concerned with the pronunciation of it. Yes, there may be some that have to ask, but just politely tell them and they will Then know how to say it correctly. Not a big deal [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. Since it is pronounced like it is spelled, it shouldn’t be too hard. I would like to see a 1 syllable name. [name_f]Ava[/name_f] is fine.

Have you considered [name_f]Rose[/name_f]? Two beautiful flowers?

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] for sure! If not [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f].

I choose [name_f]Lily[/name_f] & [name_f]Isla[/name_f], then [name_f]Lily[/name_f] & [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and then [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I’m not a fan of [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] for although I like both names there’s too many L’s.

Considering that you like [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] might work (I’m sure the frozen association will dwindle and anyway it’s not a bad character to be associated with anyway).
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] & [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]

My favorite combo is [name_f]Lily[/name_f] & [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

People definitely mispronounce [name_f]Isla[/name_f] all the time, one of my friends is dealing with this with her daughter.

I love [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f]! I actually think with twins it’s especially important to have names that don’t sound alike, because people will already get them mixed up even if they’re fraternal. It’s also easier for the parents to distinguish which one you’re going to be yelling for in a few years! “Come here, Il-[name_f]Lil[/name_f]-you know who you are!!”

To be honest, I’d be super tempted to name the other [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! Maybe [name_f]Plum[/name_f] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f]?

If you hate themes, I’d also throw [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] into the mix, [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] sound like an awesome team to me!

I’d vote either [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] or [name_f]Isla[/name_f] for #2.

I love [name_f]Lily[/name_f] & [name_f]Isla[/name_f]

I’m shocked at all the love [name_f]Ava[/name_f] is getting. While pretty, it is soooo common now. It doesn’t have the softness of [name_f]Lily[/name_f].