Help name my twin girls!

I’m shocked at all the love [name_f]Ava[/name_f] is getting. While pretty, it is soooo common now. It doesn’t have the softness of [name_f]Lily[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Lily[/name_f] & [name_f]Isla[/name_f], but [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is my favorite because they are both very sweet and delicate names.

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] together! I think that the majority of people will pronounce it correctly just by reading it, and since you’ll be telling people her name, they’ll know how to say it.

You could also maybe use [name_f]Ayla[/name_f] instead? I’ve seen it pronounced eye-la or ay-la so that could be another option for you :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] are a gorgeous combination! Beautiful. Top choice!

(I honestly cannot get how uneducated people are when it comes to language… they don’t say “eez-land, so why would you say “eez-la”? For really!!”)

@mummacat92 - In Spanish, it would be pronounced “ees-la.”

So, some people may not be sure which pronunciation you prefer. But as mentioned, you will be doing most of the introductions with your voice until the girls learn to talk and introduce themselves, and it’s a simple one-time correction. If you’re worried about announcing the names on social media and people not being sure how to say it, you could post a short video introduction where you say the names while holding the babies. Also, as a teacher I’ve seen some unique names come through, and my policy has always been to ask the child how they say their name on the first day if I’m not sure.

I still vote [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] :slight_smile: