Help name our baby girl!

Hi everyone, we are due in 20 days and still haven’t picked a name, or at least narrowed it down to a few. And it’s stressing me out terribly! Any help is very much appreciated!! Last name is [name_m]Jones[/name_m]!

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeva[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]

Like:
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]

Neutral:
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]

Dislike:
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeva[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

My favorites are [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. out of these I would either pick [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_u]Arden[/name_u] or [name_f]Delilah[/name_f].

[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]

NEUTRAL:
[name_f]Maeva[/name_f]

DISLIKE:
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

I really like your list. Good luck picking one!

I like:

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]

adore:
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]

love:
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]

like:
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]

neutral:
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeva[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]

not fond of:
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]

I’ll make this post a little simpler:

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]

NEUTRAL:
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]

DISLIKES:
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps! Congratulations and good luck!

My favourites are [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f].

I like almost all of these names. You have good taste!

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]. My one concern is that it might be a bit trendy, but I still think it’s a wonderful choice.
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] - Not my usual style, but definitely not bad
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Cora[/name_f]! Would be on my list for future kids if only my husband liked it.
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] - This is a very pretty name with a very negative association
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] - Feels kind of trendy to me, and not as classic as [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]. I’d vote no on this, but it’s not horrible or anything.
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this. It’s on my list too.
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u] - Not really my style, but I do find it appealing somehow.
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] - I like this.
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] - Same comment as [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] - Very pretty, but I feel that between all the Lilys, Lillys, Laylas, Leilas, [name_f]Lilas[/name_f], etc., it’s starting to feel a little overdone. Still not a bad choice though.
[name_f]Maeva[/name_f] - I like this a lot, but one downside is that she may spend a lot of time explaining that it’s [name_f]Maeva[/name_f], not [name_f]Ava[/name_f].
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] - Somehow this doesn’t sound like a serious name to me, plus it rhymes with crazy and lazy. I’d vote no on this, but you could do worse.
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] - I like this!

Congrats on your new addition and good luck with the naming!

I think most of your names go together very well, as in, they could easily be sisters. They are mostly very sweet, widely-appealing, and relatively popular or familiar, while not being incredibly modern.

The real plus of having a surname like [name_m]Jones[/name_m] is, is sounds good with every name. That also makes it hard because you can’t really eliminate anything because of sound.

The few that stand out as being of a different style are [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], [name_u]Everly[/name_u], and [name_f]Maeva[/name_f]. [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_u]Hadley[/name_u], and [name_u]Everly[/name_u] are typically female but technically unisex names, and they are very modern, very fresh. [name_f]Maeva[/name_f] is a variant of [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], so it’s not necessarily familiar or widely known, and I think [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] might match a bit better as far as style goes. [name_f]Maeva[/name_f] also sounds like [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], so it cold get confused with those.

If it were up to me, I’d choose [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]. I think it’s the most versatile because it doesn’t have a bunch of alternate spellings, sounds great with your last name, and leaves the window open to many of your other favorite names should you have another girl in the future. I also think it pairs well if you were using these as middles: [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

It would help if you had some other criteria to consider. Are there any middle names you like? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have a boys name that you love that you’d definitely use if you have a son in the future? Any family names or connections to consider? Does your partner have a favorite?

I’m liking [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f].

A safe name would be something like [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f] or [name_f]Isobel[/name_f].

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] can become tons of nicknames ([name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Bella[/name_f], [name_f]Nana[/name_f], [name_f]Anne[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f]… ect) plus it’s the first letter of the alphabet. So in school your daughter will be chosen or put places first when they do stuff because of alphabetical order. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] also has a nice ring to it. It’s also not too popular.

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] also has a nice ring to it. [name_f]Cora[/name_f] is a sweet, cute name that can also work for an adult. [name_f]Cora[/name_f] is also easy to spell for younger children. It’s a bit more popular though.

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] is a stronger name that makes me think of Gone With The Wind. I like it though. [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] sounds really cool and of the moment.

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is like [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] so that might be a problem (people thinking it’s spelt with an A and not an I) but [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] also sounds good.

I think my favorite is [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], though.

Thank you so much everyone for your time and inputs to help us out!! [name_m]Hi[/name_m] yellow plums, we like [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] as middle names. Those are all family names! My husbands favorites are probably [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] but, he’s just as bad as me when it comes to this :smiley: if we ever have a boy we love the names [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], [name_u]Parker[/name_u] and [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]!

My favorites are [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]. They all sound good with [name_m]Jones[/name_m], [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

My least favorite are [name_u]Everly[/name_u], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]. I cannot picture why of these on a grown woman, especially [name_f]Maisie[/name_f].

I’m kind of neutral about the rest. ([name_f]Maeva[/name_f], [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] will probably be subject to misspellings and mispronunciations, though.)

Combo suggestions:

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]
[name_f]Maeva[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]

(I think [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] sounds the best with the names of tour possible future boys, too.)

Good luck!

I hope you don’t mind a few suggestions?

Combos I like:

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Kaitlyn[/name_f] (I just get OCD about short names so I lengthened [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. I think it looks nice =})
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Kaitlyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Kaitlyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]
(that way you don’t get that Z sound in both of the names)
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] (I like the way it sounds with the extra -ia, hopefully you do too)
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

Oh, btw I love [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] for a boy! So cute.

I’ve been loving the name [name_u]Arden[/name_u] lately! I think that [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] sounds beautiful!!

LIKE:
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]

NEUTRAL:
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_u]Hadley[/name_u] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

DISLIKE:
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeva[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] or [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] (I think it’s waaaay beautiful [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f])

What a pretty list! I like [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] (although I prefer [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], as you can see!), and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] the best, but I also like [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_u]Everly[/name_u], [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] a lot. Good luck!

I like: [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Maeva[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. I do like [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], but [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] is just too alliterative for my taste.

My favorites are [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]. I love the alliteration of [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m]; it’s so catchy and memorable. [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] is so sweet and girly. You have great options!

[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]-love [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], super cute on a little girl, but still sounds lovely on a grown woman.
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]- not my favorite, I like the connection to ‘Ardent’ but I feel like it would get misheard as ‘[name_m]Harden[/name_m]’ frequently, and doesn’t feel as feminine as your other choices.
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]- pretty name but I feel like it’s just going to get more and more popular.
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]- love the rhythm of this name
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]- ok, not my favorite but not bad.
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]- pretty name
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]- I want to like it, but I think it gets lost in the mix with all the [name_u]Halle[/name_u]/[name_f]Hailey[/name_f] names.
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]-[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], definitely getting more popular but lovely
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]- beautiful name, but unfortunately I feel like it’s beauty is lost in its popularity.
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]- same as [name_f]Isabel[/name_f].
[name_f]Maeva[/name_f]- prefer the simplified ‘[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]’
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]- too cutesy sounding for me
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]- pretty name

[name_f]Emersyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Acacia[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora/name_f
[name_f]Lauren/name_f
[name_u]Shawn[/name_u]
[name_f]Elianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f]