Help Name our October Girl

Can you help us name our October Girl? You can rank or tell me your favorites. Thank you! Last name is two syllables: Mack-.

Alma (pronounced with A as in olive, not apple)

Juliet

Cecilia

Eva

We really like Alma but are worried the “-ma” runs into our last name.

1 Like

Juliet is just gorgeous with nickname options of [name_u]Julie[/name_u], [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_u]Jet[/name_u], [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] or [name_f]Lili[/name_f]!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Alma[/name_f] sounds fine with your last name, so go for it if that’s your favorite! It’s on my list too :slight_smile: [name_m]Just[/name_m] going on sound with your name I would vote [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] or [name_f]Eva[/name_f] (I personally prefer [name_f]Eva[/name_f]).

I love the name [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and it has so many nickname variations you can use! I also really love the name [name_f]Eva[/name_f] (ee-va) and (ay-va) both are great pronunciations and I think are such sweet and timeless names. Good luck!

Alma-6/10 Not really my style and I can see your concern of it running into your last name. I don’t think it runs into it when I’m saying it outloud, although the last two letters and first two letters are the same! I would say it out loud a few times and see what you think of it!
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]-10/10 It’s a classic for a reason! Very lovely name that comes with cute nn and sounds just as lovely if no nn wanted!
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]-8/10 I think this one is really lovely! Comes with cute nn “[name_f]Cece[/name_f]” and has a more professional sound if necessary!
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]- 6/10 this one basically comes down to it’s not my style but I do think that it can be very cute and still age very well!

I love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], but [name_f]Alma[/name_f] seems more special in this case, for some reason. [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eva[/name_f] are also very nice.

I love [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], it’s one of my all time favourites. If I was pairing 2 of your names as sisters, I’d pick [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] & [name_f]Eva[/name_f]. I don’t dislike [name_f]Alma[/name_f], but would instinctively pronounce it with A as in apple as it sounds weird when I say it your way (although that’s probably just an accent thing). It does run into your last name a little, but it could work if you really love it.

Juliet is easily my favorite of your list, but they are all great options. However, I do think that [name_f]Alma[/name_f] might run into your surname a bit.

Alma and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] are my favorites! I don’t think it runs into your last name.

I adore [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]!

Juliet is my favorite! It’s beautiful! I also really like [name_f]Alma[/name_f], and dont think it runs into your last name too much.

(Although, I agree with pp, I always instinctively pronounce [name_f]Alma[/name_f] with the ‘a’ as in apple sound. So there may be some pronunciation issues!)

I love [name_f]Eva[/name_f] or [name_f]Juliett[/name_f]

Alma - I do think it runs into your surname plus I think you’ll end up correcting people as they probably won’t use your preferred pronunciation
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - Favourite
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t like but don’t dislike it either
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] - I like it if it’s pronounced eh-vah but when it’s ee-vah I’m not a big fan

I LOVE [name_f]Rose[/name_f] but husband doesn’t sadly!

I love [name_m]Jack[/name_m] for [name_f]October[/name_f] babies because of Halloween. Perhaps [name_u]Jackie[/name_u] or [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] or [name_m]Jacque[/name_m] as another suggestion.

Cecilia is my favorite of your list!

Ah congratulations I honestly would love an [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] baby :fallen_leaf:

Alma ~ not my style and I do think she sounds awkward with [name_u]Mack[/name_u]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] ~ love love love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] it’s just so beautiful, elegant effortless choice. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite.
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] ~ I do like [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] it’s delicate and understated.
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] ~ a pretty name that has a very sunshiney vibe I do like [name_f]Eva[/name_f].

Juliet is my favourite. Also want to suggest [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]! [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] just is such a perfect name for an autumn baby :maple_leaf:

My favorite is [name_f]Alma[/name_f]. I don’t have a problem with the pronunciation. Makes me think of [name_f]Alma[/name_f] mater and almonds. I also don’t think it sounds bad with [name_m]Mac[/name_m]- surname.
[name_f]My[/name_f] second choice would be [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. :blush:

These are such gorgeous names! In order of favorite to least favorite:
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] (also love [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]): the ultimate romantic, fairytale name for me. Timeless and stunning
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]: I like [name_f]Eva[/name_f] a lot- it’s bold and a perfect Fall name, and gives me an adventurous and rugged feeling.
[name_f]Alma[/name_f]: [name_f]Alma[/name_f] is beautiful and I don’t hear it very often! It feels very soft and warm to me, and the combination with the last name doesn’t bother me at all- in fact, I think it sorta ties it together!
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]: [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] isn’t my personal favorite but it’s still a really delicate and pretty name. Also really like the nickname [name_f]Cece[/name_f]!

1 Like

My favorite is [name_f]Alma[/name_f] but it might not work well with your surname. [name_f]My[/name_f] second favorite is [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

Alma!!