Help Name Our Son! Need Help!!

[name]Hi[/name]! We just found out we are having a boy and are struggling with names… The only two we agree on are [name]Mason[/name] and [name]Lincoln[/name] and I’m not in love with either. I’d like the middle name to be [name]Joshua[/name] (family name), but I don’t love the sound of [name]Mason[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] or [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Joshua[/name]. My hubby came up with the idea of naming him [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Mason[/name]/[name]Lincoln[/name] and calling him exclusively by his middle, but I’m not sure how much confusion this would cause in his life. What do you think?

If you could give me some opinions on these names and possibly suggest some others we’d really appreciate it! Other names I like that hubby doesn’t are [name]Jacoby[/name], [name]Travis[/name], [name]Cason[/name], and [name]Corbin[/name] (he somewhat likes this one). I’m looking for a name that’s masculine, not too popular/common but also not too out there. In general, I’m not very fond of very traditional names like [name]James[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Matthew[/name] etc. Another middle name we are considering is [name]Jonathan[/name] (also a family name).

Other names I like but are too common or that we can’t use for other reasons: [name]Jayden[/name]/[name]Hayden[/name]/[name]Cayden[/name], [name]Logan[/name], [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Zachary[/name], [name]Cameron[/name]/[name]Camden[/name], [name]Ryan[/name].

You can also vote on my list at Vote on Name Lists at BabyNames.com

Thanks for your help!

[name]Hi[/name]! We just found out we are having a boy and are struggling with names… The only two we agree on are [name]Mason[/name] and [name]Lincoln[/name] and I’m not in love with either. I’d like the middle name to be [name]Joshua[/name] (family name), but I don’t love the sound of [name]Mason[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] or [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Joshua[/name]. My hubby came up with the idea of naming him [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Mason[/name]/[name]Lincoln[/name] and calling him exclusively by his middle, but I’m not sure how much confusion this would cause in his life. What do you think?

[name]Susan[/name]: [name]Love[/name] the name [name]Joshua[/name]. For personal reasons, I don’t like the name [name]Mason[/name]. I am neutral on [name]Lincoln[/name]. I use my middle name, and it leads to a lot of confusion. But I put up with it.

If you could give me some opinions on these names and possibly suggest some others we’d really appreciate it! Other names I like that hubby doesn’t are [name]Jacoby[/name], [name]Travis[/name], [name]Cason[/name], and [name]Corbin[/name] (he somewhat likes this one). I’m looking for a name that’s masculine, not too popular/common but also not too out there. In general, I’m not very fond of very traditional names like [name]James[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Matthew[/name] etc. Another middle name we are considering is [name]Jonathan[/name] (also a family name).

I like [name]Travis[/name] and also [name]Trevor[/name]. Really love [name]Trevor[/name].

Other names I like but are too common or that we can’t use for other reasons: [name]Jayden[/name]/[name]Hayden[/name]/[name]Cayden[/name], [name]Logan[/name], [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Zachary[/name], [name]Cameron[/name]/[name]Camden[/name], [name]Ryan[/name].

I don’t like all the names that rhyme with [name]Aidan[/name] because they are really overdone. I like the rest of your other choices that you can’t use except for [name]Ryan[/name]. Where I live, it’s been incredibly overdone. But it is a wonderful name. So is [name]Aidan[/name].

Similar choices that aren’t so popular:
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Ansel[/name]
[name]Crispin[/name]
[name]Cedric[/name]
[name]Clayton[/name]
[name]Devon[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name] -this is pretty popular.
[name]Gareth[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name] - love it! I think it will become really popular though.
[name]Owen[/name] - but it is really popular, too.
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Forrest[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Soren[/name] - It does sound like a sore. But it also sounds like soar.
[name]Wyatt[/name] - but very popular. Have to confess, I really love it.
[name]Zane[/name]

You can also vote on my list at Vote on Name Lists at BabyNames.com

Thanks for your help![/quote]

I definitely prefer [name]Lincoln[/name] over [name]Mason[/name], and I think [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] could work. Here are some others you might like:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Miller[/name]
[name]Nathanial[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]/[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]

[name]Do[/name] any of these jump out at you?

I definitely prefer [name]Lincoln[/name] to [name]Mason[/name], too. ([name]Mason[/name] is very popular, #35, and you wrote that popularity is an issue for you.)

Some more ideas along the lines of [name]Lincoln[/name] and [name]Mason[/name] (some don’t work with [name]Joshua[/name])…

[name]Carter[/name]
[name]Ford[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Hayes[/name]
[name]Jefferson[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]

[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Clifton[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Paxton[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Quinten[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Daniel[/name] [name]Day[/name]-[name]Lewis[/name] has two younger sons named [name]Ronan[/name] and [name]Cashel[/name]. I think those two names sound like your style. Now I’m going to look up the sons of the owner of The [name]Vermont[/name] Country Store. They have rugged names. Here they are:
[name]Cabot[/name]
[name]Gardner[/name]
[name]Eliot[/name]

I think [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] really works, but [name]Mason[/name] isn’t my favorite name. I don’t know why, it just rubs me the wrong way so to speak.