Help name our third girl due soon!!

Husband and I cannot agree on a name for our fourth child (third girl). She’s due in a month and I’m starting to get anxious.

Other kids are [name_m]Charles[/name_m] “[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]” [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] (middle name for dad), [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] “[name_f]Minnie[/name_f]” [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] “[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]” [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

Husband likes [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] “[name_f]Elle[/name_f]” possibly and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] “[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]”. I feel like these names are a little too common but offered “[name_f]Liza[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Margot[/name_f]” as nicknames which he disliked.

I like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] “[name_u]Jo[/name_u]/[name_u]Jojo[/name_u]” and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] “[name_u]Lou[/name_u]/[name_f]LuLu[/name_f]”. Both of which he dislikes due to “boy” nicknames.

Any suggestions?? Our two-syllable last name starts with a Z.

Middle name will probably be [name_f]Anne[/name_f]. Possibly [name_f]Louise[/name_f].

What about [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Meg[/name_f]? It is clearly feminine, but has the short & spunky feel you seem to gravitate to. Otherwise, would you consider another way to get to [name_f]Elle[/name_f]? That way, your husband has the nickname he likes and you get a less common full name. [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] and [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] were my first thoughts, but there are plenty of options :slight_smile:

A few more ideas…

[name_f]Juliana[/name_f] - Lots of nickname potential!
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - Nickname [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], but less common full name.
[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] - Kind of a balance between [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f].

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Valencia[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianell[/name_f]
Annevieve
[name_f]Jessamy[/name_f]
[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosima[/name_f]
[name_f]Endellion[/name_f] ([name_f]Nell[/name_f])
[name_f]Johanna[/name_f] or [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] - Alternatives to [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. Could use [name_f]Hanna[/name_f]/[name_f]Anna[/name_f] in addition to [name_u]Jo[/name_u] & [name_u]Jojo[/name_u]!

Thanks! Yes, several of your suggestions we have talked about but may need to revisit. The problem is I don’t like the nickname “[name_f]Elle[/name_f]”, there’ she just so many around here! I grew up with a super common name so I tend to go for less common (around us). [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] is our current compromise, but neither of us love it. I’m nervous because I loved our other girl’s names going in and I feel like I might not get that this (hopefully last) time around…

I really like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]! [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] just aren’t my style, but I love the nicknames [name_f]Elle[/name_f] and [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. I also think that the nicknames you like for [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] aren’t masculine at all. [name_f]LuLu[/name_f] and [name_u]Lou[/name_u] are especially adorable.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about:
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Elle[/name_f]’/’[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Nora[/name_f]’
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Dora[/name_f]’/’[name_u]Theo[/name_u]’/’[name_f]Thea[/name_f]’
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Kat[/name_f]’
[name_f]Thomasina[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Macy[/name_f]’/’[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Tori[/name_f]’
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Eva[/name_f]’/’[name_u]Angel[/name_u]’
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f]/[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] ‘[name_u]Val[/name_u]’
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Lia[/name_f]’
[name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]’/’[name_f]Lena[/name_f]’
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Anna[/name_f]’/’[name_f]Annie[/name_f]’/’[name_f]Belle[/name_f]’

I also like @dream.create’s suggestions of [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]’ and [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f].

[name_f]Charlotta[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]/[name_f]Char[/name_f]/[name_f]Carlie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mathilde[/name_f] nn [name_u]Mattie[/name_u]/[name_f]Tillie[/name_f]/[name_f]Tilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgette[/name_f] nn [name_u]Georgie[/name_u]/[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] nn [name_f]Carrie[/name_f]/[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] nn [name_u]Frannie[/name_u]
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gen[/name_f]/[name_f]Gennie[/name_f]/[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] nn [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tori[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cece[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f] nn [name_f]Vera[/name_f]/[name_u]Ronnie[/name_u]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f] nn [name_f]Bri[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f] nn [name_u]Connie[/name_u]
[name_f]Gillian[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gilli[/name_f]
[name_f]Giovanna[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gia[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] nn Bra
[name_f]Talula[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lula[/name_f]
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]/[name_f]Indy[/name_f]
[name_u]Andrea[/name_u] nn [name_f]Drea[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] nn [name_u]June[/name_u]

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] “[name_f]Suki[/name_f]”
[name_u]Connelly[/name_u] “[name_u]Nelly[/name_u]”
[name_f]Constance[/name_f] “[name_u]Connie[/name_u]”

Thanks, all! Keep 'me coming so we have a big list to go through on our two hour drive tomorrow!

Sorry for any repeats:

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]/[name_f]Violetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Estella[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Calista[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinna[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]/[name_f]Georgina[/name_f]

Am also open to ways to make my husband. Like the name [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and its nicknames…

Ok here’s an idea-[name_f]Louisa[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Lola[/name_f]!! A fun connection that is still super subtle is that IF you do [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f], it’s awfully close to [name_f]Louisiana[/name_f] and that names me think of [name_f]Nola[/name_f] and then…ta da! [name_f]Lola[/name_f]!!! [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] and [name_f]Lola[/name_f] is adorable.

My favorite alternative is [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] nicked [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] (not Veevee but [name_f]VIVee[/name_f]) or [name_f]Gigi[/name_f].

If you are trying to balance out the nickname sounds and get away from a and ie, I think [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] nicked [name_f]Zuzu[/name_f] is an option. [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] nicked [name_f]Ro[/name_f] is sweet too.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f], nn [name_f]Nina[/name_f]?

So we both sort of liked [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] but thought [name_f]Zuzu[/name_f] or [name_f]Zanna[/name_f] would be too much given our Z nickname??

Did suggest [name_f]Lola[/name_f] as a nickname tonight but got shot down. Ugh.

[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] “[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonya[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]

Your children’s names are gorgeous!! [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] is an absolute favorite of mine :slight_smile:

I’m an [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], and I love it. My family call me [name_f]Beth[/name_f], friends call me [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f]. I don’t know why, it just worked out that way since school. But I love being called [name_f]Beth[/name_f]! My daughter will have the middle [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] after my grandmother and I think it’s just as lovely.

My first thought on suggestions was [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], and I’ve noticed it’s been mentioned already in the comments. I think it fits with the sibs perfectly. Nicknames; [name_f]Pheobe[/name_f], [name_f]Fe[/name_f], [name_f]Fifi[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f]. Similar to [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], without a male connection.

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] is another I think fits well. [name_u]Ade[/name_u], [name_f]Addie[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f].

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] is also at the top of my list, nicknames [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] or [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]. :slight_smile: I love this one!

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f], nickname [name_u]Penny[/name_u]? Too close to [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]?

[name_f]Delphine[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f]

Our lists seem so similar! [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] go together perfectly, and both [name_f]Mina[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] are on my future list. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[name_f]Jocelyne[/name_f] ([name_u]Joss[/name_u]), [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] ([name_f]Gen[/name_f]), [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] ([name_f]Catie[/name_f], [name_f]Cat[/name_f])

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] ([name_f]Bea[/name_f]), [name_f]Violette[/name_f]

The first thought I had when I saw the sibling names was Matilda, which I see has been suggested. If you both like Susanna, you could use Sukie as a nickname. Other thoughts:

Julianna nn Jules
Dorothea nn. Dot or Dottie
Catherine or Katrina or Caitriona nn Kitty
Theresa nn Tessie
Rosamund nn Rosie
Aurelia nn Lia or Aura or Ellie
Victoria nn Rory
Helena nn Lena
Johanna nn Josie
Lucinda nn Lucy or Lulu
Beatrice nn Bessie or Betsy
Marguerite nn Daisy
Honora nn Nora or Nori or Nonie or Rory
Genevieve nn Vivi or Ginny
Cecilia nn Cece or Celia
Clarissa nn Clary
Clementine nn Clemmie
Claudia nn Claudie or Audie or Didi or Liddy
Cornelia nn Nell or Nellie
Cordelia nn Della or Delia or Cora or Lia

Apologies for any repeats!

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] “[name_f]Tillie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] “[name_f]Bea[/name_f]”
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] “[name_f]Genie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] “[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]”

Thanks, all! We (I) have considered [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] but my husband doesn’t like it. He does like the nickname “[name_f]Tillie[/name_f]” though. Insert eye roll. Waiting to see if he like the [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]/[name_f]Sukie[/name_f] idea.