Help! Names similar to Mitchell?

[name]Hi[/name] nameberry posters!

I’m 6 months along with my first child, a boy. My husband and I have been searching everywhere for a name, but we can’t seem to find any we both like. We have an eclectic style - we like everything from the classics to the more hippie sounding names. I recently heard the name of [name]Bristol[/name] [name]Palin[/name]'s baby boy, [name]Tripp[/name] [name]Easton[/name] [name]Mitchell[/name]. I don’t necessarily love the name itself, but I love the sounds, the “P” sound in [name]Tripp[/name], the “[name]ST[/name]” sound in [name]Easton[/name], and the “TCH” sound in [name]Mitchell[/name]. I know it’s kind of weird to go by sounds, but I’m wondering if you have any ideas for similar names?

Thanks so much!

[name]How[/name] about…

Instead of [name]Tripp[/name]:
[name]Bishop[/name]
[name]Kipp[/name]
[name]Thorp[/name]
[name]Phillip[/name]
[name]Josep[/name]
[name]Winthrop[/name]

Instead of [name]Easton[/name]: (but i actually like [name]Easton[/name] :slight_smile: )
[name]Weston[/name] / Westly
[name]August[/name]
[name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Austin[/name] (not my fave…but sounds very similar)
[name]Foster[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name] ( a little different sound, but i like it :slight_smile: )

Instead of [name]Mitchell[/name]:
[name]Satchel[/name]
[name]Thatcher[/name]
[name]Richard[/name]

I think [name]Phillip[/name] [name]Weston[/name] sounds cute!

Names that contain one of the three sounds mentioned:

[name]Augusten[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Fletcher[/name]
[name]Justus[/name]
[name]Langston[/name]
[name]Park[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
Satcher
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Stanton[/name]
[name]Stefan[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Winston[/name]

Other names you might like:

[name]Beck[/name]
[name]Birch[/name]
[name]Brock[/name]
[name]Clive[/name]
[name]Drake[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Finch[/name]
[name]Hoyt[/name]
[name]Hugh[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Padget[/name]
[name]Rush[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
Thorton
[name]Worth[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you want to have two middles? Let us know if you like any of our ideas and we’ll think of some combos :slight_smile:

Ooh! I’m in [name]LOVE[/name] with [name]Thatcher[/name]! I definately think it’s “the one.” :slight_smile: I’ve never heard it before… does any one know what it means? What do you think of [name]Thatcher[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] (after my husband’s father)?

Thanks so much for your suggestions!!!

Also, If we’re blessed with a girl in the future, my husband and I have both always loved the name [name]Lila[/name]. Does [name]Lila[/name] work well with [name]Thatcher[/name]? I think they’re adorable together, but is it just me?

Also, If we’re blessed with a girl in the future, my husband and I have both always loved the name [name]Lila[/name]. Does [name]Lila[/name] work well with [name]Thatcher[/name]? I think they’re adorable together, but is it just me?[/quote]

[name]Lila[/name] and [name]Thatcher[/name] are a good match.
You received some great suggestions here!

I think [name]Thatcher[/name] and [name]Lila[/name] (which, I love, btw) work very nicely together, and [name]Thatcher[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] is adorable:)

I’m all about using a middle name for family significance and not worrying so much about its flow. So I say YES to [name]Thatcher[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]! :slight_smile: (Plus, I’m sooo pumped that I helped you! YAY!)

Here’s what nameberry says about [name]Thatcher[/name]:

[name]THATCHER[/name]
Origin: English occupational name
Meaning: “roof thatcher”

Open and friendly freckle-faced surname, fresher sounding than [name]Tyler[/name] or [name]Taylor[/name].

Variations:
[name]Thaxter[/name], [name]Thacher[/name], [name]Thatch[/name]

[name]Thatcher[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] is great, esp. with the added family significance! I love [name]Thatcher[/name] and [name]Lila[/name] together”adorable :slight_smile:

[name]Thatcher[/name] is cute!

[name]Lila[/name] is top 10 of my favourite names. [name]Love[/name] it!

For boys a few I like the sound of…

[name]Duke[/name], [name]Atticus[/name], [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Zephyr[/name]

I also love [name]Breckin[/name]. The hottest guy in school was called this. I [name]LOVE[/name] how it sounds.

Could also be Brecken/Breckyn

I

One more to add… [name]Jasper[/name]

I love the way it sounds. Funny thing is there is a boy at my school in Yr 4 whose name is [name]Jasper[/name] (first name) [name]Thatcher[/name] (surname) Maybe it’s a sign.

[name]Kipp[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name]
[name]Michael[/name]