Help naming baby #2!

Hey everyone! In a couple weeks we find out if we are having a baby boy or girl but can’t agree on one single boy name! We already have a boy named [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] and I just feel like we used our favorite boy name! We would love some suggestions :blush:

If we have a girl we both love the name [name_f]Lila[/name_f], so that’s pretty set. The middle name we agreed on for a boy is [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], after my late father-in-law. We recently decided that we may use [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] as the middle name even if it’s a girl. [name_m]How[/name_m] does [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] sound? Is [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] just too masculine?

I would love to use [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] as a boy first name, but DH is dead set against it, so we have nothing as far as boy names go! I had suggested [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] and DH loves it, but I don’t think I like it enough to actually use it. Thanks in advance!!

I want to add some names we either like (but not love) and names only 1 of us loves…
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_u]Carson[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Declan[/name_m]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]

[name_m]Just[/name_m] to give you a taste of our style. Definitely like the last name as first name thing, but certainly not set on that.

[name_u]Jameson[/name_u] and…

[name_m]Crosby[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Turner[/name_m]
[name_m]Lochlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]

Congrats! I love [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] and [name_f]Lila[/name_f] (together and separate). I think [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] is just fine. Some more ideas… (ha didn’t realize first comment was you, i was going to suggest [name_m]Harvey[/name_m], [name_m]Declan[/name_m], and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u])

[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Truman[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Kieran[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]

Thanks! I’ve actually already suggested a handful of these names to my husband and he said no to them all ”He loves to shoot them down but doesn’t have many suggestions of ones he likes, ugh! Unfortunately it was a no to all the ones I like that you both suggested. At this point I just really hope it’s a girl for naming sake!

I should also add we have a 4 letter, 1 syllable last name (rhymes with Bone) so we’d like at least a 2 syllable first name.

Maybe [name_u]Harley[/name_u] or [name_m]Harlan[/name_m] if you don’t love [name_m]Harvey[/name_m]? [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]?

Are 3 syllable n ending names too matchy? eg, [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], [name_m]Donovan[/name_m], [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], [name_m]Damian[/name_m]?

A few more…[name_m]Wesley[/name_m], [name_m]Malachy[/name_m], [name_m]Callum[/name_m], [name_m]Callan[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_u]Tobin[/name_u], [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m].

Wow you guys are spot on, you just listed a bunch of names I love, but my husband doesn’t. We actually both really like [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] with the nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. BUT our last name is a short noun (rhymes with Bone). Doesn’t [name_u]Finn[/name_u] Bone sound a little funny since its 2 nouns?

We both also love the name [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], but I’m afraid everyone will reference the tv show and think we chose the name for that reason.

[name_u]Jameson[/name_u] and…

[name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Deacon[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Landon[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]

By the way, I think [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] is great.

I really like [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u].

[name_u]Finn[/name_u] Bone doesn’t bother me, but I might be biased since it’s my son’s name and I love it so much! However, if you use [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] Bone with nn. [name_u]Finn[/name_u], most of the times his full name is used (school, doctor’s office, etc.) he’ll be called [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], not [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. So maybe the syllable thing is okay?

I also really like [name_m]Declan[/name_m] from your list.

[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] Bone nn. [name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Declan[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] Bone nn. [name_m]Dex[/name_m] (like [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]?)
Or…
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] Bone (reminds me of a male [name_f]Lila[/name_f])
[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] Bone nn. [name_m]Liam[/name_m] ([name_f]Lila[/name_f]-like again)
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] nn. [name_m]Eli[/name_m], [name_u]Mason[/name_u], [name_m]Conrad[/name_m], [name_m]Donovan[/name_m] nn. [name_u]Van[/name_u], or [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m] (surname)?

Well the middle name [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] rules out all the -er ending names. Would you consider just [name_u]Spence[/name_u] still honoring [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]? That would open the door up to some good names to go with brother [name_u]Jameson[/name_u]… for example [name_m]Archer[/name_m], [name_m]Wilder[/name_m], [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], [name_u]Calder[/name_u], [name_m]Thayer[/name_m], [name_m]Xander[/name_m], [name_m]Evander[/name_m]… [name_m]Just[/name_m] a thought.

Personally I would not worry about [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] and the association with the show. I think it’s a great name, with one of THE best nicknames, goes great with [name_u]Jameson[/name_u], and you both love it. My only hesitation is the double -er endings, but [name_u]Spence[/name_u] could fix that.

[name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] is perfect…

[name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Leland[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]

and, I love [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] for a girl!