help naming baby #4!!

I am due any day and going nuts trying to pick out a girl name. We have 3 girls already: [name]Sophia[/name] “sophie”, [name]Madilyn[/name] “maddie” and [name]Charlotte[/name] “charlie”. We are pretty set for [name]Owen[/name] if it’s a boy.
Some ideas we have for #4 are:
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Addison[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]

maybe…
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Bernice[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

Thanks so much!!

Cute names for your little girls so far! [name]Love[/name] them all. I love all of the following as I think they are beautiful names that would match your current girls nicely. Since you’re a fan of nicknames I included the option next to each name :slight_smile:

[name]Amelia[/name] - [name]Millie[/name]
(OR [name]Millicent[/name] - [name]Millie[/name])
[name]Addison[/name] - [name]Addy[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] - [name]Addy[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name] - [name]Dot[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name] - [name]Isi[/name], [name]Belle[/name], [name]Bella[/name]. I think [name]Isabel[/name] is most beautiful though.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Aveline[/name], Avaline, [name]Avalyn[/name] nn [name]Ava[/name]? That seems to fit your theme.

Other than that I would go with [name]Abigail[/name], nn [name]Abby[/name]

Thanks so much for your imput! I prefer [name]Isabel[/name], also… my two oldest really like [name]Isabella[/name] and call her “bella”. It is hard to make everyone happy!
Thanks again!!

Thanks for your help! [name]Abigail[/name] is the name we keep going back to. I was just trying to pick something that is not so popular right now but it is one of our top picks!
Thanks again!

[name]Abigail[/name]- I really like this one with your girls names.
[name]Addison[/name]- I would stay away from any [name]Addie[/name] names. Having both an [name]Addie[/name] and a [name]Maddie[/name] would be a bit much.
[name]Audrey[/name]- [name]Lovely[/name] name. There really arent any nick names for it, I’m not sure if that bothers you.
[name]Amelia[/name]- Beautiful. This one get my vote. It fits the style of your girls name plus the nns [name]Millie[/name] or [name]Mia[/name] would be cute.
[name]Ava[/name]- Im getting a little sick of hearing this name.
[name]Delilah[/name]- [name]Love[/name] Deliliah. The nn [name]Lila[/name] is super cute and feminine.
[name]Isabella[/name]- Again, too popular. Maybe [name]Annabella[/name] or [name]Mirabella[/name] instead?
[name]Josephine[/name]- [name]Love[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. [name]Josie[/name] makes for a cute nn. This definently fits with your girls names.
[name]Penelope[/name]- Cute and has the nn [name]Penny[/name], which is adorable. It is also not very common right now, which is a plus.

maybe…
[name]Adeline[/name]- Again, no [name]Addie[/name] names
[name]Annabel[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this one. Really fits with your style too.
[name]Bernice[/name]- eh, this name sounds very unattractive and frumpy imo.
[name]Eleanor[/name]- [name]Love[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name].
[name]Naomi[/name]- I’ve never cared for this. It doesnt really go with your girls names all that well either.
[name]Phoebe[/name]- I dont like this. It sounds strange to me and instantly reminds me of the tv show Friends.
[name]Violet[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this one. It might make a nice mn. Maybe [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Violet[/name]?

Here are some others you might like:
[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name] “[name]Maggie[/name]”
[name]Juliet/name
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] “[name]Cami[/name] or [name]Millie[/name]”

Lots of really pretty names on your list; I don’t think you can go wrong. One thing to consider is that right now all three of your girls have names with completely different beginning and ending sounds, which I think is really nice. Not that there’s anything wrong with sisters whose names all end in a, for example, but since you already have a theme of being different going, I think it would be nice to keep that up. Also, all three of your girls have nicknames that end with an ee sound, which is adorable. I think it would also be nice for another girl to have the same option; a [name]Bella[/name], while a pretty name, might feel left out. [name]Abigail[/name] works perfectly then because none of her sisters’ names begin with an a or end with an l sound, and she could go by nn [name]Abbie[/name]. [name]Just[/name] something to consider.

[name]Sophie[/name], [name]Maddie[/name], [name]Charlie[/name] and…

[name]Abigail[/name] - [name]Abby[/name] - love this name, but still a little similar in sound to [name]Maddie[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] - [name]Amie[/name]
*[name]Isabella[/name] - [name]Izzy[/name]
*[name]Josephine[/name] - [name]Josie[/name]
*[name]Penelope[/name] - [name]Penny[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] - [name]Annie[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] - [name]Ellie[/name]

I chose names from your lists to go along with your other in that they are longer names with a two-syllable nickname ending in an ‘ee’ sound. I also took out any names with the potential for [name]Addy[/name] since that would get confusing with [name]Maddie[/name] (my name is [name]Danielle[/name] and I have a sister named [name]Anne[/name]…it was always confusing when my parents called [name]Dan[/name]/[name]Anne[/name]).

I like all of the names on the list I made, but I starred my top three favorites for your sib set.

Thank you all so much!!! You confirmed a lot of what I have been feeling. i.e… scratch [name]Bernice[/name], “[name]Addie[/name]” is too close to [name]Maddie[/name], Sticking with a nn that ends in the “ie” like my other girls, [name]Ava[/name] too common.
I feel like [name]Abigail[/name] is the safe, common choice but [name]Penelope[/name] is really starting to grow on my husband and I both. And I really like [name]Josephine[/name] “[name]Josie[/name]”. Hubby not liking it so much. Prob is, I tend to worry about other’s responses- that’s why I am hesitating. It’s the “oh, that’s different” or “what a big name for a little girl”. geeze!
My Husband’s mn is [name]Alexander[/name], which made my first choice for most of my pregnancy [name]Alexandra[/name] “[name]Allie[/name]” but he scratched that. So, it has moved to the top spot of my mn list. But finding a first name that flows with it that is on my list is hard. By the way, my husband’s name is [name]Aaron[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] so if I go with an “A” name they would have the same initials… ugh. Am I making a confusing mess of this or what!!
Help and Thanks so much everyone!

I like:
[name]Sophia[/name], [name]Madilyn[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Abigail[/name] ([name]Abby[/name])
[name]Sophia[/name], [name]Madilyn[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Audrey[/name] ([name]Audie[/name])
[name]Sophia[/name], [name]Madilyn[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Amelia[/name] ([name]Milly[/name])
[name]Sophia[/name], [name]Madilyn[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Adeline[/name] ([name]Addie[/name])
[name]Sophia[/name], [name]Madilyn[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Annabel[/name] (Bellie, [name]Annie[/name])
[name]Sophia[/name], [name]Madilyn[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Ellie[/name])

[name]Just[/name] a thought – love [name]Eleanor[/name], but there is also the French form of that name – [name]Alyenor[/name]. It is pronounced “[name]Aly[/name]-a-nor.” So “[name]Aly[/name]” is a possible nickname.

Your list is great. I especially like [name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Nellie[/name] with your girls. Adorable!