Help naming bub #4

[name]Hi[/name] everybody

I would love some help naming our forth bub. We already have a boy called [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Rohan[/name] and twin girls [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Kathryn[/name]. We have found out we are having another baby girl :slight_smile: We like to use family names for middle names and are thinking of having [name]Iris[/name] after my Grandmother. We have a short last name beginning with P so prefer longer names, preferably with 3 syllables. Some of the names on my list are-

[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] (although I don’t think it would go with the middle name [name]Iris[/name])
[name]Violetta[/name] (would be too much with [name]Iris[/name] as a middle name as well)
[name]Gabrielle[/name]

Any suggestions would be great!

[name]Emily[/name]

Cute names!

I love [name]Annika[/name], but I don’t think it goes very well with [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name].
My favorite on your list is [name]Eliza[/name], I adore that name. [name]Violetta[/name] is nice, but I agree that it would be too much with mn [name]Iris[/name]. [name]Gabrielle[/name] is OK…not my favorite name due to association. Would you have a nn for [name]Gabrielle[/name]? Of the two I know, one goes by [name]Gabby[/name] and the other [name]Ellie[/name]. Something to consider!

Here are a few suggestions:
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name] (although I personally am tired of hearing all the [name]Maddie[/name]'s, [name]Addie[/name]'s, etc :wink: )
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Annaliese[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (my favorite! I think it sounds great with your other children!)

I think [name]Josephine[/name] is a great fit.
other ideas-
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]

You have excellent taste!
[name]Annika[/name]- Not the best for the sibset, but I think it’s lovely nonetheless, and great with [name]Iris[/name].
[name]Eliza[/name]- I like it a lot! It fits well with the siblings, and I don’t think it sounds that bad with [name]Iris[/name].
[name]Violetta[/name]- I think [name]Violetta[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is a bit too flowery, but I love [name]Violetta[/name]. I think it would work if you were open to using a different I-middle name, like [name]Isabel[/name].
[name]Gabrielle[/name]- I really like [name]Gabrielle[/name], and I think it fits well with the siblings, but I don’t think [name]Gabrielle[/name] [name]Iris[/name] sounds that good. It’s not terrible, though, so I think it could still work.

[name]Eliza[/name] is the best name on your list that would go well with [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] but unfortunately it would not flow well with [name]Iris[/name]. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Iris[/name] would sound alot better. Here are some other suggestions.
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] (instead of [name]Violetta[/name])
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Michaela[/name]
[name]Estella[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Magdalene[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]

Thanks for the replies. There are some really great suggestions, some of them I really like are-
[name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Josie[/name])
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (I really love this and have suggested it before but DH isn”t so keen, I”m sure I could work on him!)

I really like [name]Amelia[/name] but think it might be too close to my name which is [name]Emily[/name] especially as I can see it being shortened to [name]Milly[/name] (which would also get confusing with [name]Lilly[/name]!).

Another option for the middle name is [name]Maude[/name] which is my grandmother”s middle name. I don”t think it is as pretty as [name]Iris[/name] but might go better with names such as [name]Eliza[/name] or [name]Violetta[/name].

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Maude[/name] would sound better than [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Iris[/name]. Did you ever consider having two middle names for your daughter: _______[name]Iris[/name] [name]Maude[/name]? Oh, I really like that combo: [name]Iris[/name] [name]Maude[/name]. [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Iris[/name]. What do you think?

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Maude[/name] is my grandmother’s full name so don’t think I could do that, especially since she lives with my parents and we see her a few times a week. A funny thing is my Grandmother doesn’t even like her name! DH isn’t a fan of more than one middle name.

[name]Annika[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this! I actually think it sounds pretty good with your other childrens names…
[name]Eliza[/name] - Really love this too. [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Maude[/name] sounds better than [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Violetta[/name] - I’m not really liking this… [name]Violet[/name] is better.
[name]Gabrielle[/name] - It’s okay, but nothing really special I don’t think.

Out of the names suggested by other posters, I like: [name]Annelise[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Cecelia[/name], [name]Mathilda[/name] and [name]Michaela[/name]. The last three go particularly well with the middle name [name]Iris[/name], as well as your other childrens names! (Which I love, by the way)

Here are some more names you may like:
[name]Trista[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Erica[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Marissa[/name]
[name]Janelle[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Kennedy[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]

The ones I have bolded are my favorites for you!

Vaness1, thanks for your suggestions!
I had [name]Annelise[/name] on the list when I was pregnant with the twins. I really like it and am even thinking the nickname [name]Nell[/name] could work well with it. [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Maude[/name] maybe?
I really like [name]Stella[/name] or even [name]Estella[/name] which might flow better when listing the kids names in order. I don’t think DH is keen on this one though.
I think [name]Vivienne[/name] is really pretty but think it may be a little too close sounding to [name]Lillian[/name].

I’m still really loving [name]Annika[/name]. I can’t decide whether it ‘goes’ with the other children’s names or not as people give me differing opinions. This one is DH’s favourite and I really think [name]Annika[/name] [name]Iris[/name] Pitch flows really well.

Also still loving [name]Violetta[/name]. We have gone with [name]Violetta[/name] over just plain [name]Violet[/name] as there is a [name]Violetta[/name] in my family tree. We would probably shorten it to [name]Violet[/name] anyway. The Grandmother that I would like to honor has a great love of purple so maybe [name]Violetta[/name]/[name]Violet[/name] would work as a way of honoring her without actually using one of her names, which would then give us more middle name options.

Another contender is [name]Chelsea[/name], I like it but don’t know how well it flows with Pitch as the ‘ch’ sound will be at the start and end of her name, might be a bit too much.

Ok, here is my current shortlist-

[name]Annika[/name] [name]Iris[/name] (Starting to worry that it will get confused with “[name]Anita[/name]” which is a more common name here in Australia)
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Iris[/name] ([name]Josie[/name])
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Iris[/name] (Could I shorten this to [name]Nell[/name]?)
[name]Violetta[/name] [name]Maude[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Iris[/name] ([name]Mae[/name])
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Iris[/name]? [name]Violet[/name]?

Thoughts, opinions?

[name]Annika[/name] [name]Iris[/name]- so beautiful! [name]Annika[/name] and [name]Anita[/name] are very different sounding so I don’t think you have to worry there…this is my favorite because my name is [name]Ani[/name] (pronounced…[name]Ah[/name] Knee) Which I think would be such a cute nickname for your daughter.
My other favorites are [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Iris[/name].

[name]Annika[/name] would be a real change of style from [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name], I think that the beautiful [name]Anneliese[/name] would make a much better fit.

Or if you wanted to use [name]Violet[/name], [name]Anna[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is pretty, [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]

[name]Eliza[/name] is lovely I agree with everyone else, [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]

[name]Genevieve[/name] also beautiful one of my favourites, [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name]

[name]Annika[/name] [name]Iris[/name] [name]Just[/name] don’t get the vibe for [name]Annika[/name] with her siblings
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
([name]Josie[/name]) Yes, this is a nice combo but doesn’t have star quality imo

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Iris[/name] (Could I shorten this to [name]Nell[/name]?) Absolutely love [name]Annelise[/name] but not with [name]Iris[/name] too much ‘s’ sound, [name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Violet[/name], ie [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] (please note the names all have a double consonant ie ll, nn and tt which may be a subtle theme that you would like. [name]Nell[/name] is a cute nn.

[name]Violetta[/name] [name]Maude[/name] This sounds really over the top and [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Maud[/name] remind me of the same colour, ie purple/mauve
[name]Mabel[/name] [name]Iris[/name] ([name]Mae[/name]) This works but doesn’t shine, [name]Mabel[/name], [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Iris[/name]? [name]Violet[/name]? [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Violet[/name] works, well a nice choice, [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Lillian[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Oliver[/name]

I think I would choose [name]Anneliese[/name] or [name]Anna[/name].

Snanee, your suggestion of [name]Ani[/name] for a nn is really cute. I will keep it in mind.

[name]Rollo[/name], thanks for your in depth reply on all the names. While I think [name]Anna[/name] is nice I’m looking for a longer name than just [name]Anna[/name] as we have a one syllable last name. [name]Annelise[/name] is one of my favourites but I am a bit sad that [name]Iris[/name] doesn’t really go with it. I had noticed the double letters appearing in all the names too and think it would be a nice little theme. [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] are up there with my favourites.

Everyone seems to have a different view on whether [name]Annika[/name] ‘goes’ with the names our other children, it’s confusing me :lol: We do refer to the children as shortened versions of their name most of the time so we have [name]Ollie[/name], [name]Lilly[/name] and [name]Char[/name]. [name]Annika[/name] would be shortened to Neeka most likely so- [name]Ollie[/name], [name]Lilly[/name], [name]Char[/name] and Neeka.

[name]Hi[/name]! These are my 3 favorites from your wonderful list!

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Iris[/name] ([name]Josie[/name])
[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Iris[/name]

Finally got out of DH last night his favourite names. So presenting DH’s top names-

[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]- If the baby was a boy we would have called him [name]Harrison[/name] which is why I think he likes [name]Harriet[/name].
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]

Out of his list I think I like [name]Sophie[/name] the best, maybe [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Iris[/name]? I also think [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounds great together, although then we’re not using any of my grandmother’s names.

[name]Hi[/name]! I love the name [name]Sophie[/name], especially with your daughters’ names! [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Annika[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]

I’m pretty sure that we’ll go with [name]Sophie[/name]. It is a name we’re both happy with and I agree it goes well with my other girls names :smiley:

DH likes [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] but I think I prefer [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].

I still want to use one of my grandmother’s names so I’m thinking [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Iris[/name]. The twins full names are [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Kathryn[/name] so I think [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Iris[/name] fits in well as all their names have repeating sound.

My 4 year old boys wants to call her [name]Dora[/name] the [name]Explorer[/name] :lol:

I love [name]Sophie[/name] it is a beautiful name. [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is lovely would this fit?

[name]Lovely[/name] to hear the boys are offering up their ideas, [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Isadora[/name] would fit.