Help naming our 5th child

My husband and I are expecting our 5th child in 3 months. We recently found out we are having a boy, and are trying to narrow down our list. Our 4 children are: [name]Jack[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Lucas[/name] [name]James[/name] ([name]Luke[/name]), [name]Alice[/name] [name]Emelia[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. Our last name starts with an M and is 2 syllabes. My husbands name is [name]Ben[/name] ([name]Benjamin[/name]) and mine is [name]Kate[/name] ([name]Katherine[/name]).

Our favorite name is [name]Spencer[/name], but we have concerns because it is a unisex name. It is our perception that it is more of a boys name. We hadn’t thought of it as unisex until i met a teenager with the name. So let me ask you, what do you think? Is it mostly a boys name? Equally used? Please give us some feedback.

What do you think of:

[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]

Does anyone have suggestions of other names?

First of all, I love all of your kids names, and your name and your husbands name! What a well named family you’ve got there!

I love the name [name]Spencer[/name]! I think it’s completely perfect with your others kids’ names! And I don’t consider it a unisex name, it is 100% a boys name to me. [name]Just[/name] because a few girls may be named [name]Spencer[/name], I don’t think that’s enough to call it unisex. I mean, there are a few girls named [name]James[/name], but would you call it unisex? I don’t think so, I think of [name]Spencer[/name] the same way, just much less common. I mean, i don’t know if that’s how everyone feels, but if I saw [name]Spencer[/name] on paper (or written with your sibset) it wouldn’t even cross my mind that it might be a girl.

I love the combo [name]Spencer[/name] [name]Harrison[/name], I really hope you use it!

I see [name]Spencer[/name] as more of a boy’s name. But really, I think the ‘going to the girls’ problem is not such a big deal anymore, particularly with surnames. I think it talks about it in Beyond [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name], that most of these names will cross over easily without coming down on on side on the other. Exceptions like [name]Madison[/name] and [name]Addison[/name] are mainly due to the feminine nicknames they impart.

I think [name]Spence[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] sounds great and fits well with the siblings names. It’s still very much a boys name.

I really love your kids names. Sorry i dislike [name]Spencer[/name] I feel like it is dated. I love [name]Harrison[/name]. What about [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Spencer[/name]?

[name]Spencer[/name] is all boy. I’ve never met a girl with the name.

However, I dont think it goes well with the other names in your family. Your whole family has very classical and timeless names. [name]Spencer[/name] is very trendy/early 90s. I wouldnt expect a [name]Spencer[/name] to follow the names [name]Jack[/name], [name]Luke[/name], [name]Alice[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name]. I would expect a [name]Henry[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], or [name]Nathan[/name] though.

Others you might like:
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Ian[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]

[name]Spencer[/name] is most definitely a boys’ name.

I love your children’s names too. Their first names are all vintage chic, and I see how [name]Spencer[/name] fits in with [name]Jack[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. However, I am not big on [name]Spencer[/name].

Vintage chic names I like are:
[name]Harry[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] - how would this work with your M last name?