Help naming our baby girl!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries, it’s been a long time since I’ve looked at these forums but I’m back on cus we’ve just found out we’re expecting a baby girl :sparkling_heart: so excited!

Please help with your thoughts on these names:

[name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

Any other names or name combos you can suggest too please! Middle name ideas especially as we’re not set on these, they aren’t sentimental. [name_m]Just[/name_m] want something that flows :blush:

(Surname begins with an E, big sister is [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] nn Josie)

Thanks! x

1 Like

[name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] - balanced and pretty
[name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - sweet and cheerful
[name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] - [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] adds sophistication to the bright [name_f]Alana[/name_f]
[name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - fun and sweet
[name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - a little rhymey and wordy for me
[name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] - cute and sparky
[name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - balanced and pretty

[name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] would be nice too! [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]!

[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] also came to mind!

1 Like

Congratulations!! I have to say i love Penny as a first name, an underused gem! Of your options, Penny Felicity is my favourite

Other ideas
Penny Juliet
Penny Meadow
Penny Flora
Penny Lavender
Penny Skye
Penny Seraphine
Penny Aurora
Penny Violet

Good luck finding your perfect name :relaxed:

[name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] are both beautiful.

Congrats!

Felicity has been a longtime favorite of mine, as well as Elizabeth and Juliet. My favorite combo from your list is Alana Juliet!

Alana Florence - sweet and bright
Alana Juliet - elegant and sophisticated
Alana Madeleine - I personally would reverse it, balancing the length of Josephine “Josie”
Alana Felicity - I would also reverse it, but Felicity has been a longtime favorite of mine so I’m biased :slight_smile:

I agree with @Greyblue for these-- for most of them I would change Penny into Penelope

Some other suggestions are—

Alana Grace
Alana Aveline
Alana Violet
Penelope Skye
Penelope Selene
Penelope London

2 Likes

[name_f]Alana[/name_f] and [name_u]Penny[/name_u] are nice names. I do think your middle name choices more closely align with the style of Josephine/Josie, but maybe your style has changed somewhat since your first? [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] & [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] especially strike me as perfect sister names to [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

Other ideas, for firsts or middles:

[name_u]Abby[/name_u]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Amy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_f]Aubrie[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_f]Caraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_u]Georgie[/name_u]
[name_f]Haddie[/name_f]
[name_u]Kadence[/name_u]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Katie[/name_f]
[name_f]Kylie[/name_f]
[name_f]Leanna[/name_f]
[name_u]Leslie[/name_u]
[name_f]Liz[/name_f]
[name_f]Lizzie[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Maddy[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Meg[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
Nora/Norah
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivien[/name_u]

1 Like

Of your combos I really like [name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u] - elegant but still modern feeling.

However I don’t think either really go with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] since they don’t have any nicknames and stylistically it’s a bit off (it’s not super vital but it’s something to note).

Suggestions -

[name_f]Colette[/name_f] nn [name_u]Coley[/name_u]
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f] nn [name_f]Bee[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Zaniyah[/name_f] nn [name_f]Niya[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Letitia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lettie[/name_f]
[name_f]Avielle[/name_f] nn [name_u]Avi[/name_u]
[name_f]Leilani[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lani[/name_f]
[name_u]Arizona[/name_u] nn [name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_f]Viviana[/name_f] nn [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nika[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] nn Ri
[name_f]Solana[/name_f] nn [name_u]Sol[/name_u]
[name_f]Giada[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]
[name_u]Camille[/name_u] nn [name_f]Cami[/name_f]
[name_f]Samara[/name_f] nn [name_u]Sam[/name_u]

Combos -

[name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Mariah[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Zaniyah[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Letitia[/name_f] [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Avielle[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Leilani[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_u]Arizona[/name_u] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] [name_f]Brielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Solana[/name_f] [name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_f]Giada[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_u]Camille[/name_u] [name_u]Penny[/name_u]
[name_f]Samara[/name_f] [name_f]Zoey[/name_f]

Personally I vote for [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] or [name_f]Samara[/name_f] - They’re more modern (which seems like where your style is leaning) than [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] but the length and nickname opportunities make them feel like ideal sisters to [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] & [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] , [name_u]Josie[/name_u] & [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] , [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] & [name_f]Samara[/name_f] , [name_u]Josie[/name_u] & [name_u]Sam[/name_u].

I like [name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], [name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], [name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

I agree with the others love [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. [name_u]Josie[/name_u] and Penny!!

1 Like

Of the combos you put down In loving [name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. Is [name_u]Penny[/name_u] short for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Alana[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] are my favorites! Congratulations :tada:

1 Like

I also agree that [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] go well together!

Thanks for the reply! If it was entirely up to me [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] would be top first name choices but husband doesn’t agree… he doesn’t like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and we have friends who used [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] so it doesn’t feel like that name is ours to use now :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks everyone, some lovely suggestions!

I have thought a lot about whether the two names ‘go’ with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and landed on the thought that it doesn’t really matter when it comes down to it. If we were choosing a name that was the same stylistically we’d choose [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] (Hattie) which is our third choice and still a consideration, but we just don’t love the individual name as much as we do [name_f]Alana[/name_f] or [name_u]Penny[/name_u].

I’ve heard lots of people say that you might worry about matching sibsets at first but once they are here and they are your children, they just ‘fit together’ regardless so don’t overthink it!! I am trying to focus more on loving the individual name rather than matching the style of [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], if that makes sense! :blush:

Thank you! Our older daughters middle name is [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] :heart:

1 Like