Help narrow my list....pretty please :)

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] ladies! I have a little boy, [name_u]Rowen[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m], and am expecting a little girl on [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]! Naming my son was so easy, but this time I’m having a hard time making a final decision. Middle name will most likely be [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] (family name). Here is my current list-

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]- [name_u]Josie[/name_u]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]- [name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f]- [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]- [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

[name_u]Rowen[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] and [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] or [name_u]Rowen[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] and [name_f]Colette[/name_f] are my favorite.

With [name_u]Rowen[/name_u], I like the spunky [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and the polished [name_f]Celia[/name_f]. I don’t like the [name_f]Ro[/name_f]-Co-[name_u]Jo[/name_u] beginnings of [name_u]Rowen[/name_u]/[name_f]Colette[/name_f]/[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]/[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] seems overly frilly next to [name_u]Rowen[/name_u] and I’m not a big fan of [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] (too strongly associated with the irritating Ms. Paltrow for me).

I think [name_u]Rowen[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] &

[name_f]Luciana[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] or [name_f]Celia[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] best, but I enjoy other variations like [name_f]Gwenyth[/name_f], and maybe [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] would be my second pick.

[name_u]Rowen[/name_u] is quiet a spunky name with a natural vibe that I love. I think you should continue with this…

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] - a lovely classic, she’s sweet and wholesome but I feel may slightly too elegant teamed with [name_u]Rowen[/name_u].

[name_f]Colette[/name_f] - stunning [name_m]French[/name_m] name! She has a demure attitude and this poetic stance. [name_f]Colette[/name_f] feels effortless. I adore the [name_f]Letty[/name_f] nickname and I love beauty of this name. [name_f]Colette[/name_f] & [name_u]Rowen[/name_u] work just because they feel unique and work in a cool fashionable way together.

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - she’s a new favourite of mine!! [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is a lovely name she has a lot of spunk and attitude. I love how she has this inviting natural flow with a cool vibrancy. I adore the [name_f]Cordy[/name_f] nickname and she works effortlessly with [name_u]Rowen[/name_u].

[name_f]Celia[/name_f] - a nice simple choice. You can’t really go wrong with [name_f]Celia[/name_f] but at the same time I dislike how she sounds with [name_u]Rowen[/name_u]. It feels slightly dated
in a strange way.

[name_f]Luciana[/name_f] - I see the appeal she has a princess vibe and she looks cool almost oceanic. BUT I hate [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] names they sound unattractive (well to my ears anyway) and unfortunately remind me of the word ‘loose’ which again isn’t great. I also find that [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] is too elegant to be teamed with [name_u]Rowen[/name_u].

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] - I’m sorry to once again to be dishing out negativity but I’m not a fan of [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t really see the appeal. She’s unattractive and I think people simply jump onto the ‘[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]’ bandwagon because she’s retro. If vintage names weren’t fashionable [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] wouldn’t be used.

[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] - I really like this name, she’s very wholesome and has a lovely rural vibe. [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] sounds very fresh and up beat. Her rural sound works well with the equally natural sounding [name_u]Rowen[/name_u]. They sound like a pair who would be constantly romping and playing on the downs together.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped x

You have a lovely taste in names. [name_u]Rowen[/name_u] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] is lovely.

Names out of your list that go well with [name_u]Rowen[/name_u]:
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]

[name_f]Luciana[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] & [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] are lovely, but they are a bit too frilly with [name_u]Rowen[/name_u]. [name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Josette[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabine[/name_f]/[name_f]Sabina[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Peony[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]

Good luck!

[name_f]Mina[/name_f].

What a lovely list! With [name_u]Rowen[/name_u], I think most of these work really well. My favs from your list are:

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]

With [name_u]Rowen[/name_u], I really like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Celia[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]. With middle name [name_f]Elaine[/name_f], I like [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f].

Thanks for all your thoughtful input!!! Now off to make a decision :slight_smile:

I love your name choices!!!

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]- [name_u]Josie[/name_u] – I love this name and I think [name_u]Josie[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] make a cute pair.
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] – one of my favorites, also great with [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. I love how [name_f]Colette[/name_f] is unique but not “out there”
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]- [name_f]Delia[/name_f] – I also like this name, but it got negative reactions from my husband and family members, so I had to nix it. I don’t think [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] necessarily go together stylistically, but [name_f]Delia[/name_f] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] do!
[name_f]Celia[/name_f] – Also great.
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f]- [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] – Same thoughts as [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]/[name_f]Delia[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] sounds nice, not so much with [name_f]Luciana[/name_f] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u].
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] – This name is ok for me, I like others on your list much more. I appreciate the sass behind this name though.
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]- [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] – I love [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], but prefer the name [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]. [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] is still a great name, and again, goes well with [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. \

Best of luck!

Sorry, just realized I spelling your sons name wrong throughout that whole post!!!

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] - for some reason this name never really grew on me. Plus, next to the spunky [name_u]Rowen[/name_u], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] feels a little stuffy, particularly with the similar-styled [name_f]Elaine[/name_f].

[name_f]Colette[/name_f] - pretty, but again, it speaks elegant and demure, which doesn’t fit in with [name_u]Rowen[/name_u]'s charm. [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] & [name_u]Rowen[/name_u] would make an excellent pair.

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Delia[/name_f] - this name isn’t my favorite, but works nicely with big bro [name_u]Rowen[/name_u]. [name_f]Delia[/name_f] on its own would be sufficient, in my opinion.

[name_f]Celia[/name_f] - feels a little bland next to [name_u]Rowen[/name_u]. [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] & [name_u]Rowen[/name_u] works better.

[name_f]Luciana[/name_f] - a bit too frilly here, I’m afraid. [name_m]Just[/name_m] plain [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] would be fabulous.

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] - again, not my favorite name, but I think this fits really well with [name_u]Rowen[/name_u].

[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] - almost feels a little too close to [name_u]Rowen[/name_u]. [name_m]Both[/name_m] have very similar wyn/wen sounds.

I’m crazy for [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. They’re beautiful! Not a big fan of the other names, but that’s just me :slight_smile: