Help narrow my name list!!

I’m new here on nameberry and absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] it! I’m due at the end of February and can not for the life of me narrow down my list. What do you think of each name and pick your favorite from the bunch.
Thanks for looking!

Keep in mind her sister is [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]

[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Gianna[/name]
[name]Annelise[/name] (nn: [name]Annie[/name], [name]Elise[/name])
[name]Corinna[/name] (nn: [name]Cora[/name])
[name]Aubriana[/name] (nn: [name]Bri[/name], Aubri…has the anna to honor my hubby’s granny)
[name]Arianna[/name] (nn: [name]Ara[/name])
[name]Luciana[/name] (nn: [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Luci[/name])
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] (nn: [name]Joss[/name])
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Siena[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name] (nn: stasia)

[name]Vera[/name] - TOO classic/old-lady cool with [name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Gianna[/name] - Cute and feminine!
[name]Annelise[/name] (nn: [name]Annie[/name], [name]Elise[/name]) - Like [name]Anneliese[/name] spelling, MN?
[name]Corinna[/name] (nn: [name]Cora[/name]) - Very similar sound to [name]Lilia[/name]…
[name]Aubriana[/name] (nn: [name]Bri[/name], Aubri) - Sounds made-up and trendy.
[name]Leora[/name] (nn: [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ora[/name]) - Too close to [name]Lilia[/name]!
[name]Arianna[/name] (nn: [name]Ara[/name]) - Pretty, like [name]Ari[/name] nickname.
[name]Isla[/name] - Similar sound to [name]Lilia[/name]…
[name]Luciana[/name] (nn: [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Luci[/name]) - Same letter, different style.
[name]Layla[/name] (again the [name]Hawaii[/name] thing) - Like a lei? Too close to [name]Lilia[/name]!

My favorites from this list are [name]Gianna[/name] and [name]Ariana[/name], but I really would prefer if your daughter had a name ending in something different than -a (like [name]Lilia[/name]). I also like [name]Anneliese[/name] as a middle name.

Some names that I like with [name]Lilia[/name]:

[name]Cecily[/name] “Ceci”
[name]Clementine[/name] “[name]Tina[/name]”
Edolie “[name]Edie[/name]”
[name]Juliet[/name] “[name]Jules[/name]”
[name]Magdalen[/name] “[name]Maggie[/name]”
[name]Mariel[/name] “[name]Mari[/name]”
[name]Melody[/name] “[name]Mel[/name]”
[name]Mirabel[/name] “[name]Mimi[/name],” “[name]Belle[/name]”
[name]Vallerie[/name] “[name]Val[/name]”

My favorites from my suggestions (with [name]Lilia[/name]) are [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Mariel[/name], [name]Melody[/name], and [name]Vallerie[/name].

As for middle names (to match [name]Josephine[/name]), my suggestions are:

[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Heloise[/name]
[name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]

So, my suggested name combinations (with [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]) are:

[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] “Ceci”
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] “[name]Jules[/name]”
[name]Mariel[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] “[name]Mari[/name]”
[name]Melody[/name] [name]Violet[/name] “[name]Mel[/name]”
[name]Vallerie[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] “[name]Val[/name]”

Best wishes to you and your family!

Great job choosing your first daughter’s name. [name]Lilia[/name] is my favorite girls name, been number 1 on my list for the longest time! It’s tough finding a name that matches [name]Lilia[/name] but I’ll give it my best try:)

[name]Vera[/name] is pretty but too old-lady compared to [name]Lilia[/name]

[name]Gianna[/name]…I just don’t see it. Might just be me though

[name]Annelise[/name] is beautiful (especially spelled [name]Anneliese[/name], imo) but I’m not sure if it’s the same style as [name]Lilia[/name]

[name]Corrina[/name], not my favorite, although [name]Cora[/name] nn is cute

[name]Aubrianna[/name]- I prefer [name]Adrianna[/name] or [name]Arianna[/name]

[name]Leora[/name], not my favorite

[name]Arianna[/name], very pretty

[name]Isla[/name] is nice but becoming a bit popular I think. Also, [name]Lilia[/name] has three of [name]Isla[/name]'s letter in it…

[name]How[/name] are you pronouncing [name]Luciana[/name]? I think that [name]Lucia[/name] (loo CHEE ah) would be very pretty too, though having both daughter’s starting with the same letter might bother you.

[name]Layla[/name] isn’t my favorite and to be honest, I don’t really like the sound of it.

Some suggestions (apologizes for repeats):

[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Lorelai[/name] (Hawaiian and very pretty)
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Angelina[/name]

I love [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]!

[name]Vera[/name]-- really like it as a nickname for [name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Gianna[/name]–doesn’t interest me at all
[name]Annelise[/name]-- I like it spelled [name]Anneliese[/name]… I also really like [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Corinna[/name]–nice; I love [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Aubriana[/name]-- not a name. What about [name]Audrey[/name] or [name]Adriana[/name]?
[name]Leora[/name]-- I love it spelled [name]Liora[/name]. It’s really close to [name]Lilia[/name], though…
[name]Arianna[/name]-- I love it spelled [name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]-- lovely, but really similar to [name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Layla[/name]-- way too close to [name]Lilia[/name]!

I really like [name]Corinna[/name] and [name]Ariana[/name] with [name]Lilia[/name]!

[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Samara[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Milena[/name]

I really like [name]Corinna[/name]. [name]How[/name] are you pronouncing it? I pronounce it core-ree-nuh. It’s really pretty with [name]Lilia[/name]. I like most of your other names, but I agree they are pretty similar.

[name]Vera[/name]: I think it’s a great name on its own, and I also like it as a nickname for [name]Veronica[/name] and [name]Guinevere[/name]. [name]Lilia[/name] has a lovely vintage feel to me, so I can see [name]Vera[/name] and [name]Lilia[/name] as siblings.

[name]Gianna[/name]: I prefer some of your other names.

[name]Annelise[/name] (nn: [name]Annie[/name], [name]Elise[/name]): I think it’s beautiful…

[name]Corinna[/name] (nn: [name]Cora[/name]): I love [name]Cora[/name] more than [name]Corinna[/name], but I do think that [name]Corinna[/name] is a beautiful name.

[name]Aubriana[/name] (nn: [name]Bri[/name], Aubri): Because [name]Aubrey[/name] and [name]Bri[/name] feel so trendy to me (and so different in style from [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]), I prefer some of your other choices. I do love the name [name]Adriana[/name], though.

[name]Leora[/name] (nn: [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ora[/name]): I think it’s beautiful (I’d stay away from the [name]Ora[/name] nickname though, because of [name]Oral[/name] jokes and the term “aura”), but think it’s too close to [name]Lilia[/name].

[name]Arianna[/name] (nn: [name]Ara[/name]): I think that [name]Arianna[/name] is lovely, but I’m not an [name]Ara[/name] fan.

[name]Isla[/name] (seems fitting since we’re living in [name]Hawaii[/name] for the next 2 years)
[name]Luciana[/name] (nn: [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Luci[/name]): I think it’s beautiful, but I know I’d personally get tongue tied with [name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Isla[/name]. They feel very similar to me.

[name]Layla[/name] (again the [name]Hawaii[/name] thing): I think it’s too close to [name]Lilia[/name].

[name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Corinna[/name] are my favorites with [name]Lilia[/name] (beautiful name…). :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Alright, so I’m taking [name]Leora[/name] and [name]Layla[/name] off the list as every seems to agree they are too similiar. Is it just the starting and ending with the same letter? : )

What about [name]Clara[/name] though? I do like names ending in “a”…I’m from an Italian background so most of my family has names that end in “a”. It just seems right to me, since I’ve been raised with it.

[name]Hi[/name]! For me, it was the L beginnings and A endings that made [name]Leora[/name], [name]Layla[/name], and [name]Lilia[/name] too similar.

I love the name [name]Clara[/name], and I personally don’t think that [name]Lilia[/name] are too [name]Clara[/name] are too similar, thanks to the C beginning.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Clara[/name] and [name]Lilia[/name] are absolutely gorgeous! Perfect! :slight_smile:

[quote=“shanapops”]I’m new here on nameberry and absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] it! I’m due at the end of February and can not for the life of me narrow down my list. What do you think of each name and pick your favorite from the bunch.
Thanks for looking!

Keep in mind her sister is [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]

[name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Corrina[/name]
or
[name]Lilia[/name] and [name]Arianna[/name]
are my favorites from your list

[name]Clara[/name] and [name]Lilia[/name] sound like sisters to me:) [name]How[/name] about [name]Clara[/name] [name]Annalise[/name]?

[name]Vera[/name] ” A little too old fashioned for me.
[name]Gianna[/name] ” Cute, but not my favorite. I love the nickname [name]Gia[/name] though!
[name]Corrina[/name] ” Cute, kind of exotic”I like it!
[name]Aubriana[/name] ” Not a fan.
[name]Arianna[/name] ” [name]Love[/name] it! But I prefer the nickname [name]Aria[/name].
[name]Luciana[/name] ” Cute, but I like [name]Lucia[/name] by itself.
[name]Clara[/name] ” A little old fashioned for me.
[name]Jocelyn[/name] ” Cute, but not my favorite.
[name]Savannah[/name] ” [name]Lovely[/name]!
[name]Siena[/name] ” [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Anastasia[/name] ” Like it, but not a lot.

My favorite is [name]Arianna[/name]. [name]Savannah[/name] and [name]Siena[/name] would be my second and third choices.

[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Annelise[/name] (nn: [name]Annie[/name], [name]Elise[/name])
[name]Arianna[/name] (nn: [name]Ara[/name]) This is my name!!! Accept I spell it ‘[name]Ariana[/name]’. I have never thought of [name]Ara[/name] for a nn. I don’t even have one.
[name]Savannah[/name] This is my best friend’s name and we call her Savi/Savvy (I thought it may be a good suggestion for a nn).
[name]Siena[/name]

My favorite from this list is [name]Vera[/name] OR [name]Siena[/name]

I think [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Lilia[/name] work very well together.

I really like the name [name]Clara[/name]. I’ve liked it ever since reading “Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister” by [name]Gregory[/name] [name]Maguire[/name].

Sounds like husband’s grandmother is named [name]Anne[/name] or [name]Anna[/name]? In that case I’d stay away from [name]Aubriana[/name]/[name]Luciana[/name]/[name]Arianna[/name]/[name]Anastasia[/name] if you’re going to use nicknames for them that obliterate the “[name]Anna[/name]” part–it could be perceived as a slight.

[name]Annelise[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Corinna[/name], and [name]Jocelyn[/name] are my favorites, although [name]Jocelyn[/name] doesn’t harmonize with [name]Lilia[/name] quite as well as the others. [name]Clara[/name] seems to go best with [name]Lilia[/name], but that doesn’t necessarily need to be your top priority. I agree with those who think [name]Annelise[/name] would be a good middle name–[name]Corinna[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] or [name]Clara[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] are both gorgeous!

[name]Aubriana[/name]
**I love the nickname Aubri, and thats just so cute!!!
[name]Arianna[/name]
** I like it, but I dont like [name]Ara[/name] at all, try [name]Anna[/name] or just [name]Arianna[/name].
[name]Luciana[/name]
** I hate [name]Luciana[/name] but I totally love [name]Lucia[/name], I would name her that and call her [name]Luci[/name]
[name]Siena[/name]
** Thats so cute!!!